• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Sorry, not really buying the release from statement from Department of General Services Spox Nick Cavey. It appears to me the time of the incident the was little to no traffic. Can you one there verified that was indeed the case? If two people were struck last year then the logical course from a law enforcement point of view would be more traffic enforcement not crowd control and maybe the installation of a pedestrian overpass, stop sign, traffic lights or crossing light. What is the posted speed limit? Secondly a request is not an order. Did they request you move and explained why? Something is not adding up.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If you have not already seen it, go to Bryan P. Sears' Facebook page. There are photos and video of the incident, and there is a video of Senator Michael Hough and Mike Miller talking about the matter. Kudos to Hough.

To say I am not happy, would be an understatement. If Hogan does not come up with a response to this matter, I will have to abstain from voting in the next Governor election should he be running. Cannot let something like this slide at the voting booth.

I just tweeted to him, along with the YT video link.
    https://www.facebook.com/bpsears
    Blow it up!
    :mad54:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    So both of the Patriots were being protected from the traffic and cars , makes perfect sense to arrest people on the sidewalk because of previous accidents and incidents at that corner . Instead of doing real police work and placing officers at the circle to catch law breakers . SMH

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Bryan P. Sears Facebook

Sounds like the police are making crap up now. We don't want distracted drivers, so no protests allowed on the sidewalk. lol How often are they out there making sure people are not using electronic devices while driving around in the state capitol? How many citations have been issued for drivers failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks? They should have hired somebody with better creativity at excuse writing and better spelling too.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Were there any new signs displayed last night? Maybe something hit a nerve and we need to irritate it some more.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sorry, not really buying the release from statement from Department of General Services Spox Nick Cavey. I appears to me the time of the incident the was little to no traffic. Can you one there verified that was indeed the case? If two people were struck last year then the logical course from a law enforcement point of view would be more traffic enforcement not crowd control and maybe the installation of a pedestrian overpass, stop sign, traffic lights or crossing light. What is the posted speed limit? Secondly a request is not an order. Did they request you move and explained why? Something is not adding up.

If there are any traffic cameras anywhere in that area, or any surveillance cameras in that area, their footage should be saved just in case this goes a long, long way in the court system. Something like this has the ability to go all the way to the top. Does not seem like it right now, but something as simple as refusing to bake a cake can make it to SCOTUS. Evidence needs to be preserved.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I am currently on hold for a producer conference for the “Chris Plante Show” on WMAL FM, where he is now syndicated nationwide.

Not sure he can allocate time to this story with the stock market and a 2nd Fed Gov shutdown looming.

Let’s see what happens.

I sent him info and links at 3 AM.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I wanted to be there last night with the wife, we had planned on it, but something came up. Now I missed my chance at some 42 U.S.C. 1983 $$$$

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    You can leave speechless, just do not leave action less. Based upon some of the posts of yours I have read, I know you are a pretty smart guy. Write your reps, the Governor, your friends, etc. Let as many people know about this as possible and take some action, no matter what the action.

I am not going anywhere :) I plan to communicate this to whomever I can in the most productive way I can.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Something else occurred to me, I wonder if there's a history of other groups being told to leave the sidewalk there or risk arrest?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    All of downtown Annapolis is a driving distraction, especially Lawyer’s Mall.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    might be nice - but a mere whisper in the hallway between conspirators will not be revealed.

This. If I had to guess, the most likely scenario would be some legislator walking by the PP recently grabbed a MCP officer and said something to the effect of "they are demonstrating without a permit, arrest them" and the officer(s) complied. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So instead of ticketing drivers for violating traffic laws, they do this. FAIL

Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk BIG FAIL.....

They also know that the PP couldn't assemble in Lawyers Mall without a permit.....

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE THERE LAST NIGHT...

Is this ********?

I just recently received the same response from DGS. It seems as though the rest of the group did move into Lawyer’s Mall at the direction of police and these men chose not to and that is the issue that caused the arrests. I will brief Delegate Bromwell on it once he is out of subcommittee. Again, thank you for following along as information is released.

Brian Powell

Did some of the group move into Lawyers' Mall prior to the arrests?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom