• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    All the naysayers in this thread should be embarrassed and take some time to reflect on Jeff and his group’s history of success.

Then, they should get out, and join us standing up to these gun banning communists ideas wherever they try to spread their propaganda.

To be fair, any naysayer probably wasn't expecting optics in 100% support of the event's advertised intended message. Perhaps inferring a strong 2A message in the likes of signs on Lawyers Mall would appear. Plenty of Left wing boards with photos (see below) of the group and signs in full support. I'm hard pressed to think of any member on this board that has conflict with signs displayed yesterday.

The first two signs was the message echoed inside the event, which are protected by the Bill of Rights. Not one thing controversial there. Leftists will promote all three messages when it's to their benefit.

DjOlwajX0AEd5NM.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    To be fair, any naysayer probably wasn't expecting optics in 100% support of the event's advertised intended message. Perhaps inferring a strong 2A message in the likes of signs on Lawyers Mall would appear. Plenty of Left wing boards with photos (see below) of the group and signs in full support. I'm hard pressed to think of any member on this board that has conflict with signs displayed yesterday.

The first two signs was the message echoed inside the event, which are protected by the Bill of Rights. Not one thing controversial there. Leftists will promote all three messages when it's to their benefit.

DjOlwajX0AEd5NM.jpg

Imagine that!

The Patriot Picket conducted an operation that the other side didn’t see coming!

And it was SO STEALTH some on our own side were “blindsided”....

As for drawing in the Left to take pictures of us and our flags and signs so that FREEDOM MESSAGES would appear in places they never appear....LOL, what’s not to like ?

Hehehe...Trolling Level: Expert?

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I wonder if the lefty boards make mention that the only American flags in the joint were the ones we brought. Who has a celebration of the distinctly American First Amendment and decides not to bring a single flag?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

DjOlwajX0AEd5NM.jpg

As I noted up thread, before we set out for this event we were going to go in a stealth mode that gave us a chance to start conversations with attendees.

As you can see our signs form a progression that lead us to talking about the Bill of Rights, and therefore a chance to talk about the Second Amendment.

The signs formed a sort of “pound net” used by fisherman to guide fish to a soft capture—except we were fishing for attendees to talk about how Maryland takes away the right of self-defense.

It was amusing for us to see folks agreeing to the concept of “freedom of the press” and that the Bill of Rights was important – – but when we mentioned the Second Amendment there were some who said “No, no no!...I’m not for the whole Bill of Rights then...”. LOL

Attachments

• B8FD073F-5901-40E1-8183-2903B3998855.jpg
      B8FD073F-5901-40E1-8183-2903B3998855.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 270

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Again, a tasteful, non controversial and thoughtful message was conveyed.

It was obviously well received because it addressed the purpose of the event, not what some here thought it would be, yet they criticized before even seeing what was planned and in fact communicated.

Kudos to PP leadership for great strategy and the optics presented.

Winning

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As I noted before we set out for this event we were going to go in a stealth mode that gave us a chance to start conversations with attendees.

As you can see our signs form a progression that lead us to talking about the Bill of Rights, and therefore a chance to talk about the Second Amendment.

The signs formed a sort of “pound net” used by fisherman to guide fish to a soft capture—except we were fishing for attendees to talk about how Maryland takes away the right of self-defense.

It was amusing for us to see folks agreeing to the concept of “freedom of the press” and that the Bill of Rights was important – – but when we mentioned the Second Amendment there were some who said “No, no no!...I’m not for the whole Bill of Rights then...”. LOL

Exactly, when people on the left see a sign that says “I support the Bill of Rights”, they would generally agree with it (or at least say they would) because in their minds the 2A isn’t part of the BOR. a sign like that won’t trigger the poor snowflakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I applaud all who were able to attend and thank you.

I also applaud those who voiced their option stating it might not be a good idea.

I think it is important to be able to listen to all voices. Even if we disagree. How will we ever learn how to win. We need to fully understand our adversaries in order to win the battles ahead.

Thanks everyone!!!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My only point was in waiting to see the message sent and it's public reception until after the event, not condemning the activity before it even occurred.

The PP leadership is very savvy when it comes to knowing their audience and tailoring the message to that group.

The proof is in the pictures posted.

Great job by all.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Again, thank these Patriots when you see them for their efforts yesterday:

GTOgunner
    Hodgepodge
    Not_An_Outlaw
    Hillbilly Grandpa
    Stoveman
    NatBoh
    Deep Lurker

It’s always an honor to stand with these folks!

Last edited:

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    It's instructive to see the pictures of average event-attenders who stopped by and wanted to have their pictures taken with our esteemed leaders. There were other instances where moms and kids stopped by so mom could get pictures of the kiddos standing with PP members, and holding the flags.

There's a soft middle out there that is receptive to open messages and welcoming demeanors. We need to cultivate that base.

We might take a page from the playbook of our opposition, doing things like creating cards, with coloring for the kids. Not that we would do those things but similar things. That's part of how they expand followings they can mobilize for future actions.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    There's a soft middle out there that is receptive to open messages and welcoming demeanors. We need to cultivate that base.

We might take a page from the playbook of our opposition, doing things like creating cards, with coloring for the kids. Not that we would do those things but similar things. That's part of how they expand followings they can mobilize for future actions.

That base of middle-of-the-roaders is what wins elections. Or in Maryland, can at least eliminate the MGA supermajority the Ds currently enjoy and abuse.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Which is who i try to reach when i attend PP events, and while youll never see me holding a sign that says in short, democrats suck. I try to speak to issues, not belittle people. I have many tales of eye opening discussions with average folks who basically, have just never heard from the pro 2A side.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When a thread is posted up announcing the PP attendance at an event like this MUCH discussion has already taken place behind the scenes as to message and optics and is not simply a knee jerk reaction. The exception being when the snowflake groups du jour announces that they will be at the NRA HQ. We know that to catch fish you have to use the right bait and a full tilt boogey pro 2A sign event that we are going to unleash like the fist of an angry god at the MFOL crowd next Saturday would not have been appropriate yesterday.

Like a good chef, knowing when to turn the heat up or down is critical to coming home with a big bag of fish if I can mix metaphors.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    When a thread is posted up announcing the PP attendance at an event like this MUCH discussion has already taken place behind the scenes as to message and optics and is not simply a knee jerk reaction. The exception being when the snowflake groups du jour announces that they will be at the NRA HQ. We know that to catch fish you have to use the right bait and a full tilt boogey pro 2A sign event that we are going to unleash like the fist of an angry god at the MFOL crowd next Saturday would not have been appropriate yesterday.

Like a good chef, knowing when to turn the heat up or down is critical to coming home with a big bag of fish if I can mix metaphors.

You knocked a home run right through the goal posts. Hat trick!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-md-annapolis-rising-20180728-story.html

"Thousands in attendance"

Buckley says he wants to make it an annual event. Is he expecting Maryland's messed up gun laws to cause more innocent victims to be killed because they can't defend themselves?

Oddly, The Sun sent out an email summary this morning that, while the headline says "Thousands attend", the first sentence in the body of text says "Hundreds attend". On their web site, the number in the article body says "thousands". Which is it, Sun?

The Sun photos of the crowd are classically deceptive. You know if there had been "thousands" at that concert they would have high angle shots touting the fact instead of their low angle shots of the first few rows of people with an empty space beyond them, which you don't see if you're just scanning the article. Imagine, skeevy journalism about an event honoring the free press.

Anyone have good pics of the crowd at its fullest?

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Which is who i try to reach when i attend PP events, and while youll never see me holding a sign that says in short, democrats suck. I try to speak to issues, not belittle people. I have many tales of eye opening discussions with average folks who basically, have just never heard from the pro 2A side.

This is the approach I choose to take at PP events, and with conversations I have with passerby. Friendly, approachable, and open to an honest dialogue. I will always grab a sign with a pro-freedom and liberty message, rather than one that ridicules and divides.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Watching/performing military exercises over the years I've seen the classic blunders---probably executed a few myself. The one I've witnessed most often (with devastating effect for the good guys) is sacrificing a fucntional plan because a leader lacked "tactical patience". As I followed this thread... I appreciated the input of so many, both pro and con-- I also noticed that the PP leadership kept a weather eye on the winds surrounding this event. They exercised "tactical patience" and didn't seem to get too far in front of the situation but allowed the atmosphere to mature before making a call-- It's OODA Loop stuff for sure at the "rubber meets the road" level. Nice work gents and looks to me like a win for the PP Team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom