• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Ha!

I had hopes to see if people wanted to change Maryland, then I go to another thread and read this ...

Today, 03:54 PM #12
    Biggfoot44

Berretta already was a big contributor. To Mike Miller. See where that got them. Md politicians won't even stay bought.

I thought we could Grass Roots some people and have them convert. I thought we could talk to some EBT folks and ask them to weigh the risk of Losing their EBT to being able to have a gun in their home for self-defense.

Ha, Ha, silly me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even if your particular county or district has a viable GOP presence , not voting in Dem primary leaves you powless for Gov , AG , and US Senator.

Registering DINO doesn't stop you from voting for your favorite Reps in General Election. The only way that pro 2A Reps can be hurt is if they have primary challenge from viable anti-gun Reps. Most offices in Md have either zero Reps even running , or total jokes that can get no votes.

Yes , ideally we would have two viable Parties in Md.

You're late , there was already a movement to try to make GOP relevent statewide - in the late 1970s . It didn't work , by the mid '80s the percentages dropped below the starting point.

What party to register in has only to do with wich closed Primary you wish to participate in. If your personal beliefs were relevent , the DINOs would probably instead be split 50/50 between GOP and Libertarian .

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Please excuse me while I sound like a DICK.

This is not that complicated. The only thing making it complicated is people not getting the wax out of their ears and people who are into their social experiments more than their RIGHTS as free people.

Take a deep breath and block everything else out.

Ready boys and girls? Here we go.

Step one: Ask yourself, do you want to keep your 2nd ammendment rights? A = YES and B = NO. If you answered A, go to step two. If you answered B, shut up and go away. You are part of the problem and you are not welcome here.

Step two: Change party affiliation to DEMOCRAT so you can vote against the incumbents in the closed Democratic primary. Taking a shower is optional. Again, it's not that complicated. If you can't do it or won't do it then I repeat, shut up and go away. You are part of the problem and you are not welcome here.

Step three: When you enter the little booth on Primary day, vote for the person who is NOT the incumbent. Our goal is to unseat the incumbent that voted for SB 281. In my area, that would be Sentor Brochin. Stop watching dancing with the stars, do some homework, and find out who your incumbent is.

Step four: Change party affiliation again and go back to being a Republican and you can vote in the General election.

It's four, easy to complete, steps. If all the people who are bitching, moaning, and griping about their RIGHTS can't do this it comes down to two reasons. Either they are really stupid or they are really lazy.

A clear message must be sent in 2014. Unseating incumbent Democrats will send that message.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Back in 2000 I switched from Republican to Libertarian, in 2013 when my DL came up for so I switched from Libertarian to Democrat, only plan on voting democrat in the primaries to weaken their hold on the state.

Why would you need to change your affiliation for the general election.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I am a pro gun conservative. I have registered as a Democrat in order to further my conservative pro gun beliefs.

In Maryland you can only vote in the primary of the party you are registered with. At the moment the Republican party does not even run people for all elected offices, much less have multiple viable candidates. The majority of Republicans are more conservative than the Democrats who are currently winning in Democratic primaries.

More conservatives voting in the Democratic primaries will mean more conservatives running in the general election. In the general election you can vote for whoever won in each primary and pick the most pro gun regardless of party.

Besides in the last election cycle I got to vote against the Obama/Biden ticket TWICE.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I received my new registration card yesterday :)
    -Democrat looking forward to 2014...

I changed my affiliation quite a bit ago and have yet to get my new card.

Guess Ill have to go down to 12 E Church St and see what the deal is...

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Back in 2000 I switched from Republican to Libertarian, in 2013 when my DL came up for so I switched from Libertarian to Democrat, only plan on voting democrat in the primaries to weaken their hold on the state.

Why would you need to change your affiliation for the general election.

You don't need to change your affiliation for the general, in fact being able to claim you are a pro-gun democrat and have been for as long as you can remember (democrats have short memories) will bring some interesting ideas to the debate.

The problem becomes for those of us living in a district with the likes of Pipken and Smigiel as our elected state representives should stay republican, but when certain folks run for state wide offices like AG and Gov, we have no real say and should switch to Democrat but that leaves our republican reps exposed in the primaries to potential problems. A very bad quandry.

Also it should be understood, the congressional races will be taking place as well nationally (every two years) and DINOs may have some influence on these races as well. Just saying...

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    After 35 years of being a registered Republican, I put on my 'chute and jumped behind enemy lines by changing my party affiliation to Democrat. It's embarassing but sometimes we must make sacrifices for the cause. 2014 is coming - Geronimo!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I am going to have a few thousand 2014 Democratic Primary business cards made-up.

They will outline the 2014 goals and how to go about getting it done.

I will do my best to lay it all out in a not so Dickheadedness way.

Pass them out at shooting ranges, Walmart, Dick's, Bass Pro, and gun shops.

Gun lovers everywhere unite!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I am going to have a few thousand 2014 Democratic Primary business cards made-up.

They will outline the 2014 goals and how to go about getting it done.

I will do my best to lay it all out in a not so Dickheadedness way.

Pass them out at shooting ranges, Walmart, Dick's, Bass Pro, and gun shops.

Gun lovers everywhere unite!

Even with your freaky snake avatar and 'dickheadedness way' (your words brother not mine) - I agree with your sentiment and appreciate your efforts. :)

A guy I shoot with routinely said the most effective tool he used when he was politically active (helping others); was simple business cards. He'd bump into someone (usually someone he knew) and he's have a brief chat then hand them the business card that simply read the name of the candidate he was supporting and that candidates district. No party affiliation or anything else.

If you have any extra business that you want others to help you distribute I might be convinced to help out as long as I wasn't asked in a dickheadedness way by a snake. :)

Just teasing. More power to you. We'll vote these bums out in 2014!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Might have to overcome myself and switch from Libertarian to Democrat just so I can vote against this nonsense.

I hear you.

The advantages as I see it (me switching from independent to Dem):

1) I can vote in the primary, where we have the best chance as voting the bums out!

2) I now have some influence over which dems become the AG and represent us nationally.

3) I can speak with my delegates (all dems) and have a little more influence with them.

4) When I call and write letters/emails to other representatives they are more likely to consider my positions.

5) I'll be more in the know of what is going on in the 'opposition' camp

6) I can now sling cool slogans like "Democrat for 2A"

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    My sentiment comes from the ideas that 1.) you have to leave the Party that pokes you in the eyes with 2 fingers and 2.) it's like this effort to take a Democrat to the Gun range; if no Party switch takes place and no Grass root efforts take place then it won't change of decades.

You won't get democrats to become republicans by simply taking them to the range and treating them nice so long as they think republican. You can get them to like guns and maybe vote out anti-2A democrats or possibly vote in weak republicans. But when push comes to shove a republican running for office who says things like there are anti-rape elves in women's vaginas that prevent conception via holy magic, your average liberal won't want to vote for that. As much as the left needs a change in thinking, so does the right. That, or we need more parties that actually stand a chance of winning instead of feeling like throwaway votes.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    How long should it take to get a new card? I did mine a few weeks ago and hae not received it yet.

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    How long should it take to get a new card? I did mine a few weeks ago and hae not received it yet.

I was going to ask the same thing. I made the switch several weeks ago, but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...

Maybe they've got the similar backlog to the MSP, with all the gun owners switching to Democrat for 2014:D

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Politicians like Al Gore in the Presidential Contest have easily lost places like West Virginia on the issue of guns and 2A.
    Al Bore lost his home state of Tennessee for the very same reason. To me that was pretty telling that he couldn't even carry his home state for a Presidential election.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

I was going to ask the same thing. I made the switch several weeks ago, but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...

Maybe they've got the similar backlog to the MSP, with all the gun owners switching to Democrat for 2014:D

There may be a backlog due to the redistricting/gerrymandering.

You can check your voter registration status here:

https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/VoterSearch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom