• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Since we are all civil here, I was wondering in all seriousness - if any of you are considering or have actually switched Partys from Democrat to Republican?

Not having the numbers; I'd guess that 75% Democrats are Anti's. But only 2% of Republican's are Anti's.

Discussion or thoughts?

Dec 31, 2012
    Since we are all civil here, I was wondering in all seriousness - if any of you are considering or have actually switched Partys from Democrat to Republican?

Not having the numbers; I'd guess that 75% Democrats are Anti's. But only 2% of Republican's are Anti's.

Discussion or thoughts?

If I concede your numbers, which I don't, then that leaves 25% who are not anti-2A. If that 25% votes against the incumbent then the incumbent will be replaced in every primary. If that 25% went republican then the republican candidate would still too often lose in Maryland.

There's a far better chance of getting them to vote against an anti-2A incumbent than getting them to convert to republican.

Personally I'd like them all to go independent and stop selling their allegiance so lightly to either party.
    That's not going to happen since people are stuck in the party mentality of both sides so we have to work with what we have.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    If I concede your numbers, which I don't, then that leaves 25% who are not anti-2A. If that 25% votes against the incumbent then the incumbent will be replaced in every primary. If that 25% went republican then the republican candidate would still too often lose in Maryland.

There's a far better chance of getting them to vote against an anti-2A incumbent than getting them to convert to republican.

Personally I'd like them all to go independent and stop selling their allegiance so lightly to either party.
    That's not going to happen since people are stuck in the party mentality of both sides so we have to work with what we have.

Ok, I see, I hadn't clarified.

You can view it as the population of people Voters or as the population of Legislators, Law Makers.

You think that 25% is too high or too low? For which group?

I proposed those numbers because I feel that there is a sold-out 27% of the population of Voters that are die-hard Obama loving Democrats. Then there is another 25% that Votes Democrat - Half of which still hate gun. So that leave 25% that would be Democrat Voters that love guns (Some 5% of Independents would be sprinkled in there).

As for Legislators or Law Makers, I think to say 25% are gun friendly is being kind or generous. They may say they "love guns and 2A", but look at Manchin from West Virginia. Hell, Toomey isn't a Cruz.

Politicians like Al Gore in the Presidential Contest have easily lost places like West Virginia on the issue of guns and 2A.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    We live in an almost one-party State. It is borderline insanity to not switch to Democrat in order to vote against anti-gun Democrat incumbents in the primaries. Primaries are where it is easy to defeat an incumbent. A few thousand one-issue voters showing up at the polls in each district is often enough. Conversely, pro-gun people hardening their intent to stay registered as Republican and to only vote Republican is a recipe for epic failure, certainly in MD.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    As a general rule, I trust no politician. I care nothing for political party, Republican or Democrat. I switched to the Democratic Party for one reason, and one reason only, to vote against politicians who vote against freedom.

Kryptonite_22

Jul 20, 2012
    I am 33 years old and I have voted Democrat for all of my life and I am pro gun. I do live in Maryland and I am appalled by these recent proceedings and have now registered as an independent. We do need to take a stand pro gun democrats as well as pro gun republicans. The madness must stop or we will have no rights no matter what political affiliation you belong to.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I received my new registration card yesterday :)
    -Democrat looking forward to 2014...

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    As a general rule, I trust no politician. I care nothing for political party, Republican or Democrat. I switched to the Democratic Party for one reason, and one reason only, to vote against politicians who vote against freedom.

In all seriousness, how do you resolve that NY is Democrat (up and down) yet they rank as last, as 50th, on the recent survey of the most Free States?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Uz9kxdAZ4g

EDIT:

After re-reading, maybe I'm misinterpreting and you mean that you are doing the DINO Primary thwarting vote effort.

Last edited:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have been a registered Dem since 18... Have been doing the DINO for 32 years... maybe this is the election that it will really pay a dividend... and guns are good... and beer is too...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    We live in an almost one-party State. It is borderline insanity to not switch to Democrat in order to vote against anti-gun Democrat incumbents in the primaries. Primaries are where it is easy to defeat an incumbent. A few thousand one-issue voters showing up at the polls in each district is often enough. Conversely, pro-gun people hardening their intent to stay registered as Republican and to only vote Republican is a recipe for epic failure, certainly in MD.

This is how I feel too, and why I switched from independent to Dem. Other than being able to vote in the primary and being able to leave voice messages and signing letters to my delegates that I'm a Dem, I don't hide my conservative values when it comes to protecting the Constitution and ALL of the Amendments.

Simply put - I'm Pro-gun and Democrat.

I have a sudden urge to take a shower. :)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I am 33 years old and I have voted Democrat for all of my life and I am pro gun. I do live in Maryland and I am appalled by these recent proceedings and have now registered as an independent. We do need to take a stand pro gun democrats as well as pro gun republicans. The madness must stop or we will have no rights no matter what political affiliation you belong to.

All resgistering as independant will get you is the inability to vote in any primary.

If you are with us stay a D and vote against anybody that supported MOM and the Kenyan. In the general election vote for the best 2A candidates.

Phoebe

Dec 29, 2009
    This is a worthy discussion if you live in a Liberal county. If however, you live in a district where your legislators actually...oh, I don't know...READ the Constitution :facepalm: and voted the right way-- this isn't going to work well for our cause.

Possible Scenario: Republican Delegate Doe or Senator Smith fought hard against and voted against the bill. They are with us. All of their supporters jump to the Democrat party for noble reasons. Who's left to support them in the primary? They then lose the primary to an anti-gun idiot and we have lost them and their legislative support.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I will be switching from R to D so I can vote in the primaries. Brochinbtoast.

Getting my new t-shirt made on Monday. Orange w/ Black Letters.

Will read:

PRO - GUN
    DEMOCRAT

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Wow, thanks to all that responded.

When I first wrote I was actually only thinking Presidential and National (Senate, mostly) - now that the House of Reps. is Republican after being mostly Democrat for 80 Years.

The 2010 shellacking was so need at the National level in the House.

Again, when I first wrote this I was thinking of the chances of turning Maryland or maybe liberal Counties into Republican contending Districts with many Party switches, Grass Root efforts, etc.

Long shot, I know.

But with some many die-hard Gun Owner Democrats - things will never have a chance to change.

My sentiment comes from the ideas that 1.) you have to leave the Party that pokes you in the eyes with 2 fingers and 2.) it's like this effort to take a Democrat to the Gun range; if no Party switch takes place and no Grass root efforts take place then it won't change of decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom