• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I've lived in Parkville most of my life, and while we get burglary and vandalism, there's never been serious violent crime. Lately though it seems the city trash has been drifting up Harford Rd and getting more brazen. Last month there was an armed robbery and carjacking at the Autozone, now today there was an armed robbery and attempted murder at the gold place by the Emerald Tavern. Sh*t's getting out of hand. Perhaps we should just fence the trash in city.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I've lived in Parkville most of my life, and while we get burglary and vandalism, there's never been serious violent crime. Lately though it seems the city trash has been drifting up Harford Rd and getting more brazen. Last month there was an armed robbery and carjacking at the Autozone, now today there was an armed robbery and attempted murder at the gold place by the Emerald Tavern. Sh*t's getting out of hand. Perhaps we should just fence the trash in city.

An officer was shot last year in Parkville and wounded. Danny Parker, good guy. Parkville has unfortunately been slipping for years.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    This is very close to me. With both incidents being within a block of each other, I would believe they are related. Same perp?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    When I was growing up in the 80s, my grandmother had a beautiful home in a nice neighborhood on Bauernwood Avenue. Just inside the city limits. Lower Parkville/Upper Hamilton...whatever. She moved to Oak Crest a few years ago.

Drove through the neighborhood.....the surrounding streets. Inglewood, Rosalie......No one seems to care about the houses anymore...lawns were unkept, paint was chipping....wasn't the neighborhood I remembered.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Not many people know this but Harford Rd is a major corridor of trafficing heroine from Baltimore to Harford Co....I'm seeing heroine is making a comeback since the crackdown on Illegal Scripts!!!

I like your idea, I wish we could put Border Patrol Guards at the City/County Line....its like we're f*cking dealing with our version of Mexican drug trafficing and homicides.

WELCOME to moving "Forward"

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Not many people know this but Harford Rd is a major corridor of trafficing heroine from Baltimore to Harford Co....I'm seeing heroine is making a comeback since the crackdown on Illegal Scripts!!!

I like your idea, I wish we could put Border Patrol Guards at the City/County Line....its like we're f*cking dealing with our version of Mexican drug trafficing and homicides.

WELCOME to moving "Forward"

Always thought of this when I would see a vehicle that really looked outta place on Harford Rd near Notchcliff or Mt. Vista....wondered why everyone from the city took this route instead of 95 or 40. :innocent0

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Always thought of this when I would see a vehicle that really looked outta place on Harford Rd near Notchcliff or Mt. Vista....wondered why everyone from the city took this route instead of 95 or 40. :innocent0

MSP Drug Interdiction Team hawked I95 for the traffic b/n Miami and NY. Thats common knowledge for Drug dealers. THey eventually hit Rt 40 and that where we and Balt Co PD came it with interdiction.

Harford Rd was convenient for the local dealers and users b/n Balt and HarCo and even eventually up to York Co Border. Its not as heavy as it use to be but its coming back. IMO it because Scripts were easy to get, buy and sell. Its too easy to get Oxy today but I think the doctors are being more hesitant and Rx other pain relievers like Ib 400-800mg or even Aspirin.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

If this is on Thursdays.....it was Bel Air Auto Auction Traffic. there was a plethera of unregistered vehicles on the road on Thurs alone.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I am also a life time resident of Parkville

Baltimore City has turned into a big donut with a big hole of waste land in the center.

As the donut gets bigger and bigger it consumes great areas turning them into crime ridden areas.

Maybe one day we will be able to defend ourselves on our streets and reduce the criminal population

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    unfortunately its happening everywhere, up in my area I've said Joppatowne is the new Essex.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i have a couple of co-workers who have given up on Parkville and moved out.
    unfortunately, it seems to be a growing problem in once decent neighborhoods.:sad20:

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    This is very similar to what is happening in Delaware. First it was worse in Wilmington. Then moved to New Castle. Now Bear, DE.

I hate to say it, but it might come to a point where it's warfare on the streets.

Rob Tahan

Oct 3, 2011
    Parkville MD
    Id also like to move out of parkville. Out near double rock isnt too bad. However i thought crime might be lessend by the amount of cops that are ALWAYS on harford rd. Usually doing speed traps but where im at they are all over the place. I figured it would be a deterent for many.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I grew up off Ridgley back in those townhomes, my parents sold about 10-11 years ago once the section 8 started taking over our community.

I always liked the area by double rock park where I spent half my childhood playing baseball. Now all of parkville is getting bad.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I lived in Double Rock and moved out 6 years ago. I saw the schools start to deteriorate and the surrounding areas have steadily declined. When the housing boom was in full swing, people who would normally not be able to relocate, chose Overlea, Parkville and Loch Raven as areas to escape the "'hood" to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom