• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A great reason why there should be an electoral college for state elections. New York City would not be able to control the entire state. Many other examples across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anything like that will ever fly again. MD used to have geographically apportioned state senate districts - which was ruled unconstitutional in favor of population equal districting.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Uh oh 22 cosponsors now. I really thought they'd dump this.

I still think they will but maybe they're hoping it might get a few legs now. The sloppy timeline writing in the beginning was a hint they weren't too serious. Or maybe just an indication of what a moron Ivey is.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I bought an HBAR in the last year because I feared that this law was coming, and I’m glad that I did. Although I was always intrigued, I had never really wanted one but I got pissed over the fact that I knew this day was coming. Since then, I absolutely love taking my AR to the range and my 14 year old son seriously loves spending time with me and shooting it.

My advice to anyone who is on the fence is, buy one.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I was wondering when "Defense Rifle" was going to get banned.

Some people get their jollies off and feel better about themselves with constant negativity, as he sits in North Carolina with nothing to do but brag about his state's gun rights on a Maryland gun website. LOL

Whatever though, he's definitely wrong about Pennsylvania taxes. Up here by the Mason Dixon line, you're paying at least 1.5X property taxes for an equal acre equivalent somewhere in North Harford. I'm going to be making a move to PA, but I'd never brag about how "better" it is because it's really not for the most part.

Ive been saying this for years. I was raised in PA and my wife’s family is also from there. Taxes in PA are higher then in MD for the most part.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I bought an HBAR in the last year because I feared that this law was coming, and I’m glad that I did. Although I was always intrigued, I had never really wanted one but I got pissed over the fact that I knew this day was coming. Since then, I absolutely love taking my AR to the range and my 14 year old son seriously loves spending time with me and shooting it.

My advice to anyone who is on the fence is, buy one.

I’m thinking of buying a few more to put away for the kids.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    People should watch the last two hours of testimony when they have time. Some of it was riveting.

Of any of the anti bills that I saw presented, this one faired the worst. No support in the chamber. Not even the sponsor's attempt at a life line to himself by saying he'd support removing the backban clause was taken seriously. It was a wood shed beating.

When it was over, I heard McCoy's words in my ear, "it's dead, Jim".

Yes, it's not over until it's over, but my guess is that it doesn't move out of committee.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is how I felt about it after watching it too. Ivey DID get a woodshed beating by 2 other delegates before he left the building. He did not even stick around to hear the opposition. His mind is made up. It was worth staying up for. I am glad that there were enough people there to fill up 2 hours of testimony that early in the morning. The problem is, there are 141 delegates. 99 are democrats, 42 are republican. How many rinos? And how many delegates bothered to listen to this testimony or even care about it? My gut is still telling me the same thing that your's is. I think it is a dead one too.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My bride was up with me at 3:30AM seething and still watching the testimony and developing a girl crush on Mrs. Novotny.

(Later) this morning over coffee she said she wanted her own personal AR before the sun went back down today. Done! She's pissed (but excited to have a new rifle, too, which she's named Telulah). We're going to need a bigger safe. Caught her watching women-with-ARs and how-to-clean videos. And she says to me, "I think I need to understand more about suppressors." We talked about the very real risk that possessing this new carbine could become illegal this fall - which pushed her sailor-talk button. Just poured a glass of bourbon and settled on how much our next round of litigation contributions will be. I think the frog I married has just jumped out of that metaphorical slow-boil pot.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This is how I felt about it after watching it too. Ivey DID get a woodshed beating by 2 other delegates before he left the building. He did not even stick around to hear the opposition. His mind is made up. I

It's obvious with his lack of firearms knowledge that he introduced the bill on someone else's behalf. I wonder exactly who that someone was (Bloomberg's minions are less sloppy with their language, so probably not them), and whether Ivey gave him or her an animated lecture for having made him make a fool of himself.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My bride was up with me at 3:30AM seething and still watching the testimony and developing a girl crush on Mrs. Novotny.

(Later) this morning over coffee she said she wanted her own personal AR before the sun went back down today. Done! She's pissed (but excited to have a new rifle, too, which she's named Telulah). We're going to need a bigger safe. Caught her watching women-with-ARs and how-to-clean videos. And she says to me, "I think I need to understand more about suppressors." We talked about the very real risk that possessing this new carbine could become illegal this fall - which pushed her sailor-talk button. Just poured a glass of bourbon and settled on how much our next round of litigation contributions will be. I think the frog I married has just jumped out of that metaphorical slow-boil pot.

That's too funny. Her "sailor talk button", lol.

Congrats to her on the new purchase.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It's obvious with his lack of firearms knowledge that he introduced the bill on someone else's behalf. I wonder exactly who that someone was (Bloomberg's minions are less sloppy with their language, so probably not them), and whether Ivey gave him or her an animated lecture for having made him make a fool of himself.

Either that, or it could have just been plain old "feelings". It's was one or the other, or BOTH. I was happy to see him shamed by his colleagues. "Using an AR-15 for self defense is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly" in his words. I wonder who told him THAT! LMAO!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

I don't think anything like that will ever fly again. MD used to have geographically apportioned state senate districts - which was ruled unconstitutional in favor of population equal districting.

you are correct. The big three got tired of being nullified by all the other counties. Each county had equal representation, IIRC

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ok.

ok that is awesome!!!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Mine is just "rifle", or "pistol" and sometimes "firearm". I've only ever had use the name "weapon" one time; thank God it didn't earn that name permanently and it reverted to "pistol". I hope to never have to call one that again although I may depending on the circumstances. I've never been able to afford one called "gun" although I have called various firearms that as a joke. I do have a dog named "Sasha" though.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    If by panic buy you mean buy as much as you can afford, that pretty much describes my weekly activity regardless of legislation.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Now I get to teach both of you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom