• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twice now—once in House hearings and again in the Senate hearings I have made the argument that the implementation, or even the threat, of a Long Gun Qualification License will dramatically increase the number of long guns and shotguns sold in Maryland.

The first issue: the rational decision to obtain a rifle before this disgraceful threat materializes of having to get photographed and fingerprinted and billed.

And, then there’s the buying of long guns as a workaround to the “loaner rifle” trap that could put people in jail.

Each time I have forcibly challenged the Democrats to consider that they are fueling “panic buying”... they get REALLY uncomfortable and fidget in their chairs.

I am certain it is the argument that has the best chance of taking down the LGQL.

Funny you should mention that...I spoke to a gentleman this afternoon who is looking for a FTF sale of a deer rifle and a waterfowl shotgun exactly for that reason. His logic was that if he lends a gun to someone that doesn't have his "name on it" he can walk away if the law starts asking questions....the only problem I see with that is he's going to have to throw whomever he lends them to under the bus.

I was talking to another guy yesterday while waiting at BassPro who works with a group who takes disabled veterans hunting...It sounded like most if not all borrow long guns from members of this group...if the LQL passes that will then be illegal....he seemed very distraught over the thought of that.

lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    Twice now—once in House hearings and again in the Senate hearings I have made the argument that the implementation, or even the threat, of a Long Gun Qualification License will dramatically increase the number of long guns and shotguns sold in Maryland.

The first issue: the rational decision to obtain a rifle before this disgraceful threat materializes of having to get photographed and fingerprinted and billed.

And, then there’s the buying of long guns as a workaround to the “loaner rifle” trap that could put people in jail.

Each time I have forcibly challenged the Democrats to consider that they are fueling “panic buying”... they get REALLY uncomfortable and fidget in their chairs.

I am certain it is the argument that has the best chance of taking down the LGQL.

I absolutely agree with you! The difference between 2013 buying spree and the potential 2019 buying spree is that MSP won't be able to "slow" approve purchases, thus people will get their toys faster and more often (no 30 day wait like for handguns). Marylanders will be able to travel to nearby states and gun shows to cash and carry their new weapons back into the state.

If the politicians thought we were armed to the teeth in 2013, they haven't seen nothing yet!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Scene at LGS:

Customer: Do you have any Ruger 10/22s?
    Clerk: Yes, what kind are you looking for?
    Customer: How many do you have?
    Clerk: 4 with wood stocks, and 6 with polymer stocks. Which would you like?
    Customer: All

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Scene at LGS:

Sounds about right. I don’t think we need to push the panic button just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I absolutely agree with you! The difference between 2013 buying spree and the potential 2019 buying spree is that MSP won't be able to "slow" approve purchases, thus people will get their toys faster and more often (no 30 day wait like for handguns). Marylanders will be able to travel to nearby states and gun shows to cash and carry their new weapons back into the state.

If the politicians thought we were armed to the teeth in 2013, they haven't seen nothing yet!

Yeah, before all these shenanigans started, I bought a RPR .338LM. Probably going to get one in 6.5CM. Been eyeing a Ruger 77MKII in .25-06, so probably going to buy that too right now. Only thing I probably cannot swing right now is the Beretta DT-11 that I have really wanted. Guess the couple 682 guns I have will have to do for now.

Come to think about it, I might just buy a T/C Encore rifle. Granted, only a single shot, but I can buy a lot of barrels for it. Along that line of thinking, maybe a Blaser R8 is the way to go. Bolt action and multiple rounds in the mag. Just a heck of a lot more expensive than a T/C Encore. All these gun control BS is just justification to buy more guns that I probably never would have bought in the first place.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silver lining, more guns in the safes is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to look at the silver lining or I would go insane.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Scene at LGS:

That, I just do not understand. What the heck is the guy buying 10 Ruger 10/22 rifles for? No need for answers as you guys will probably provide answers that will get the liberals thinking even harder on what to do about all this.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    That, I just do not understand. What the heck is the guy buying 10 Ruger 10/22 rifles for? No need for answers as you guys will probably provide answers that will get the liberals thinking even harder on what to do about all this.

Liberals don't think, they emote. This is why this nonsense is at our doorstep once again.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Scene at LGS:

I bought 2 ARs the other day, they told me they had 5 of the same model, I told them for XX amount I’d buy them all but they declined.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    I'm fairly certain from what I witnessed yesterday afternoon...on a Monday/workday, that button has already been pressed...

Yeah try to buy a good 80% jig online right now. They're all on backorder.
    The panic buying is going nationwide, thanks to the federal bills on private sales and manufacture, and adding pistol braces and all semi-auto rifles to the NFA.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yeah try to buy a good 80% jig online right now. They're all on backorder.
    The panic buying is going nationwide, thanks to the federal bills on private sales and manufacture, and adding pistol braces and all semi-auto rifles to the NFA.

First I have heard this as a rumor.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    I talked to customer service at some polular online retailers for 80% stuff on Friday and they all said orders went through the roof the past week or two

https://giffords.org/2019/02/deutch-semi-auto-nfa-intro/

Can't say I blame them, but none of those bills are going to become law unless a LOT of Republican Senators cave AND Trump signs them....I think the chances of that are slim...He would lose wayyyy to many votes in 2020...In fact I believe that if he were to sign them there might something much more sinister in the works...he has nothing to gain from signing them UNLESS we've been duped...

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    Can't say I blame them, but none of those bills are going to become law unless a LOT of Republican Senators cave AND Trump signs them....I think the chances of that are slim...He would lose wayyyy to many votes in 2020...In fact I believe that if he were to sign them there might something much more sinister in the works...he has nothing to gain from signing them UNLESS we've been duped...

Citizens of great countries have been duped before
    :tinfoil2: :tinfoil: :tinfoil2: :tinfoil: :tinfoil2: :tinfoil:

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Scene at LGS:

Clerk: "I may close early today..."

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Twice now—once in House hearings and again in the Senate hearings I have made the argument that the implementation, or even the threat, of a Long Gun Qualification License will dramatically increase the number of long guns and shotguns sold in Maryland.

Remember the delays in processing 77R applications for handgun purchases in MD between April and October 2013? Unreal. Weeks if not longer. There were even news stories, if I remember correctly. So many people were buying handguns (and regulated but soon to be banned rifles as well as lowers).

Long guns, even before the HQL, were purchased at a much higher rate than handguns in MD. I bet it's even higher now post HQL. Wouldn't surprise me if we have 3-4 times the number of long guns in the state than we do handguns. What will all of these long guns owners do if the LGQL license is adopted? Do they want to shell out $200+ for each member of the family to get photographed, fingerprinted, trained, etc for the privilege of buying a long gun starting October 1? Do they want their purchases going into a state database? Sales will be out of control. At least NICS can deal with the volume.

Moreover, a number of people will buy more AR-15 lowers as it's the perfect thing to stock up on when you don't know what you'll want down the road but want options. Smaller immediate cash outlay too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I bought 2 ARs the other day, they told me they had 5 of the same model, I told them for XX amount I’d buy them all but they declined.

Guess I am having a hard time understanding all the reasons to buy several ARs right now, especially from the "We Will Not Comply Crowd".

Just wrote a crap ton regarding why I do not understand this, but I deleted it because nobody needs to be any wiser about firearms laws.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Fidelity: The leverage with HBARs and the LGQL is the documented rational response of people to empty out the gun stores prior to regulation.

The more this narrative is brought to their attention the greater the chance the Extreme Infringer Left might be subject to pressure from the Hand-Wringing Left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom