• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    not really b/c you still would have to pay transfer if buying from gunshop stock, plus you'll be paying atleast $100 for the lower

^This - Considering most stripped lower's are 90-150 plus transfer, you do the math. If I'm off with the price someone feel free to correct me, but some of the bigger name mfg's are within that range for a stripped lower.

Aww, Chad did do the pink color-fill..., (In best Big Gay Al voice) fabulous.

:lol2:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Did you ask him if they were regulated or is this another State?:lol2:

Thankfully, I am now able to do transfers in VA, Not regulated :P . I have always maintained that I know MD FFL's are not willing to risk going to the edge of the law for good reason... 0 benefit for a potentially bad outcome (having to defend themselves in court at their expense.)

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Now only if I can get a local ffl to transfer for under $50.

I got three coming to Freestate. This is my first time using them as an FFL and Mark was really nice on the phone to help me out. Their transfer fee is $40, but I don't know how far away they are for you.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    its tempting but i've saving up for the Mod 10 buy.

it would be nice if someone set up a GB for this

Group buy? How much cheaper do you want them?

Doesn't the FFL cost make this purchase less attractive? FFL $30 to $50 added to purchase price.

Cheapest I've seen stripped lowers is Keepshooting at $100 and they're technically an internet store (they just do us favors by letting us make appointments to go visit). You'll probably get them out the door for less than $100, depending how the FFL handles multiple xfers.

Did you ask him if they were regulated or is this another State?:lol2:

OOOOH let's have this debate again :) Mark, quote some laws gogogo!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    OOOOH let's have this debate again :) Mark, quote some laws gogogo!

RANT

It's pointless. People in Maryland (in general) don't care about their freedom and keep pulling the D lever. (D as in Decrease Freedom) Clearly, it doesn't matter what the law says, AR receivers will be transferred as regulated firearms by people living in (justified) fear of their state police.

It's sad, not just in Maryland, but in many places, we are moving towards a police state. The federal government is authorizing more mobile TSA viper units, state/county governments are now deploying drones, local governments are placing camera's everywhere and purchasing surplus tanks.

So I guess the bottom line is, I don't care if people cannot read the law for themselves, because it clearly doesn't matter. The bill of rights clearly doesn't matter either... as the SCOTUS has a horrible history of limiting individual rights in favor of governmental action.

I can read, the 2nd amendment says "shall not be infringed." not "shall not be infringed except when xxxx", seems pretty simple. How far have we gotten away from that.

/RANT

I don't think I will quote any laws today.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    RANT

It's pointless. People in Maryland (in general) don't care about their freedom and keep pulling the D lever. (D as in Decrease Freedom) Clearly, it doesn't matter what the law says, AR receivers will be transferred as regulated firearms by people living in (justified) fear of their state police.

It's sad, not just in Maryland, but in many places, we are moving towards a police state. The federal government is authorizing more mobile TSA viper units, state/county governments are now deploying drones, local governments are placing camera's everywhere and purchasing surplus tanks.

So I guess the bottom line is, I don't care if people cannot read the law for themselves, because it clearly doesn't matter. The bill of rights clearly doesn't matter either... as the SCOTUS has a horrible history of limiting individual rights in favor of governmental action.

I can read, the 2nd amendment says "shall not be infringed." not "shall not be infringed except when xxxx", seems pretty simple. How far have we gotten away from that.

/RANT

I don't think I will quote any laws today.

MarkP for some elected position :usa:

You don't pay a transfer fee when you buy an in stock item. You do have to pay Md. tax.

Nope, still have to pay out MDSP paperwork fee. Either way, several of the IPs on here understand they can't touch the internet for lowers so they offer good prices on transfers just to get you in the door. They recognize it for what it is: A CHANCE TO WIN A REPEAT CUSTOMER.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    I picked up one of these lowers on the labor day sale and did the transfer through freestate. Shipping was as advertised and mark at freestate was great with a first-timer to the ffl transfer process.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Wait, they charge you $30-$50 per lower, or per transfer? I know if I buy three stripped lowers and get them through a local FFL, I only pay the one fee.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Anbody know if Frank Och is still transfering? Very reasonable for fees and arrangements.

Located in Montgomery County.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Wait, they charge you $30-$50 per lower, or per transfer? I know if I buy three stripped lowers and get them through a local FFL, I only pay the one fee.

I was wondering about this as well. They said 40 per lower. I didn't know if that was standard or not, because I haven't done multiple transfers at once before. Since they all go on one paper, should be one fee right?

Oh well, it's already done. Either way I have to pay.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    So lets say I want to buy two of these. What exactly do I need to do? Allready have an FFL ready to have these shipped to them? Never done this before, but for this price I want in! Who would everyone suggest for the transfer? I am in PG county. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom