• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I too did mine through York County Sheriff's (satellite) Office. Super easy.
    This is the way. OP you just apply online, upload a pic of your MD license and MD permit and it will probably be approved within a day or two at the most.
    Schedule your pickup time online, go up there and spend all of 5 minutes for them to have you sign the form, get your picture taken, and walk out with your new laminated PA carry permit.
    It's fantastic the way they do it compared to The People's Republic of MD

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    They approved mine in 14 hours. Puts Maryland to shame and makes you realize that MD simply prolongs the process just to impede/discourage/delay you exercising your rights.
    Not exactly an apples to apples comparison… PA out of state relies on you having gone through the verification/ qualification in your home state to get a CCW license in PA. No home state CCW no PA CCW. If your home state lapses or is revoked/suspended so is your PA license…

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Not exactly an apples to apples comparison… PA out of state relies on you having gone through the verification/ qualification in your home state to get a CCW license in PA. No home state CCW no PA CCW. If your home state lapses or is revoked/suspended so is your PA license…
    You might have a point there But I firmly belive that someone with 20 other state's permits could apply to MD and it would still take 60 days plus

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    You might have a point there But I firmly belive that someone with 20 other state's permits could apply to MD and it would still take 60 days plus
    Yup. MD doesn't trust anyone else's permits. Not to mention, I remember them asking me for other permits I hold.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Probably longer. Gotta verify that all 20 are still good. Can't arm someone with an unpaid parking ticket from somewhere in BFE.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    It's going to be different depending on which county you go to because they're issued by the sheriff's office.

All I know is that I see a lot of posts here say to go to York, but Lancaster is a hair closer to me... But I might still file in York.

BTW, I tried to look at York's paper application to see what they wanted, but they have a dead link posted. Their online application looks to work fine. I didn't do anything other than look since I don't have my physical MD permit yet.
    Check out Delaware County. Takes a little longer for approval, but much closer to most of Cecil County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom