• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I just got approved for my MD W&C, don't have the physical card yet. Being that I live (Ceciltucky) within a 10 mind drive from PA, I'm planning on getting a PA permit too.

My question is, can I apply for PA Carry permit without the actual MD W&C card, since I have my MD Permit number?

Thanks!

I just got approved for my MD W&C, don't have the physical card yet. Being that I live (Ceciltucky) within a 10 mind drive from PA, I'm planning on getting a PA permit too.

My question is, can I apply for PA Carry permit without the actual MD W&C card, since I have my MD Permit number?

Thanks!
    No. You need the MD permit in hand.
    You should have it in a week.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Once you get it in hand scan front and back of it and your DL and scan it. Apply online and the approval will come back so fast your head will spin.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Once you get it in hand scan front and back of it and your DL and scan it. Apply online and the approval will come back so fast your head will spin.

So I will need a front and back copy of the MD Permit and I'm guessing just the front of my MD drivers license. Can they all be on the same sheet or do I need to upload separate pictures of each? Might I be better off doing it in person at either York or Lancaster's Sheriff's office?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So I will need a front and back copy of the MD Permit and I'm guessing just the front of my MD drivers license. Can they all be on the same sheet or do I need to upload separate pictures of each? Might I be better off doing it in person at either York or Lancaster's Sheriff's office?
    I beieve it has to be done online. I just scanned the front of both together and the back of both together and uploaded both pdf"s. The PA permit will be good for 5 years so you'll have to upload the front and back of your MD permit when you renew also. If you forget to do that the PA permit becomes void

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    They approved mine in 14 hours. Puts Maryland to shame and makes you realize that MD simply prolongs the process just to impede/discourage/delay you exercising your rights.
    No need to guess if you can read and follow instructions. When you do the application online, there will be prompts to upload one picture at a time into specific places. Take a good-quality pic of both sides of both your MD DL and MD HGP, keep them as four separate 'jpg' files, crop and prep them for upload. When you fill out the web form, they'll tell you what to do and when.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    What’s the link to get a PA permit?

It's going to be different depending on which county you go to because they're issued by the sheriff's office.

All I know is that I see a lot of posts here say to go to York, but Lancaster is a hair closer to me... But I might still file in York.

BTW, I tried to look at York's paper application to see what they wanted, but they have a dead link posted. Their online application looks to work fine. I didn't do anything other than look since I don't have my physical MD permit yet.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    pa license to carry application
    Thank you. I had went to a few sites but ended up at the PA police for a new permit and saw this. Is there a non resident section/form/site? Sorry. New to this outside of Maryland stuff.

“A VALID Pennsylvania Driver’s License or Non-Drivers ID, along with one (1) acceptable form of proof of residence, all names and addresses must match. NO PO BOXES WILL BE ACCEPTED.”

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Thank you. I had went to a few sites but ended up at the PA police for a new permit and saw this. Is there a non resident section/form/site? Sorry. New to this outside of Maryland stuff.

“A VALID Pennsylvania Driver’s License or Non-Drivers ID, along with one (1) acceptable form of proof of residence, all names and addresses must match. NO PO BOXES WILL BE ACCEPTED.”
    Try calling their phone # and asking your questions of the source.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky

PA doesn't have a resident/non-resident permit. It's just the permit. The only catch to getting a PA permit for a non-resident is that you have to have your State's permit 1st.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County

Adams County also asks for a PA drivers license. Just put your MD one in there and it will work itself out. I had the same question when I applied and didn’t have any issues.

I think there is a non resident permit box you have to check and that is all you need.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's going to be different depending on which county you go to because they're issued by the sheriff's office.

All I know is that I see a lot of posts here say to go to York, but Lancaster is a hair closer to me... But I might still file in York.

BTW, I tried to look at York's paper application to see what they wanted, but they have a dead link posted. Their online application looks to work fine. I didn't do anything other than look since I don't have my physical MD permit yet.
    When I applied last year Lancaster County didn't issue non resident permits. I went through York County

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    Thanks for the info. I’ll do that this next week then.

PA doesn't have a resident/non-resident permit. It's just the permit. The only catch to getting a PA permit for a non-resident is that you have to have your State's permit 1st.

Adams County also asks for a PA drivers license. Just put your MD one in there and it will work itself out. I had the same question when I applied and didn’t have any issues.

I think there is a non resident permit box you have to check and that is all you need.

When I applied last year Lancaster County didn't issue non resident permits. I went through York County

I too did mine through York County Sheriff's (satellite) Office. Super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom