• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Sorry, should have clarified. The time I picked would have worked great. But now I am being made to leave work an earlier, which should make me arrive in York almost an hour early. No biggie. I'll just grab some lunch or whatever, to kill some time.

Thanks for reply

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Not York but I got to Adams about 15-20 min early and there was no issue walking right up and getting it done. Nobody was in line waiting so that is a variable.

I would just walk in early and see what they say. You will be surprised how quick and smooth it is compared to a lot of other government appointments…

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Sorry, should have clarified. The time I picked would have worked great. But now I am being made to leave work an earlier, which should make me arrive in York almost an hour early. No biggie. I'll just grab some lunch or whatever, to kill some time.

Thanks for reply
    Can't hurt to walk in and find out. Worst case is they will tell you to come back. My money would be that they will take care of you. It's PA, not MD.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

Thanks for reply
    Just stop by early and see what's up. I was 25 minutes early and no one was there in front of me. The nice deputy just took care of me right then-- done in 5 minutes.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    How "strict" is the York Satellite location on pickup times?
    IE; Can you arrive early, and maybe get done and out early?
    I was about 30 minutes early for my pickup appointment. The deputy was about half done with the guy ahead of me. I commented that I was early and the deputy commented that early is good. She took me right away and I was gone before my scheduled appointment time.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    How "strict" is the York Satellite location on pickup times?
    IE; Can you arrive early, and maybe get done and out early?

Based on my experience, they're not strict. While I was there during my scheduled time, two others showed up and the lady took care of them without question or issue.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Well...
    Appointment was for 1:40.
    Got there at 12:40.
    Back on the road at 12:47.
    Did not see the deputy everyone is all giddy about, but the pretty young deputy who did help me was beyond nice, and got me taken care of in minutes.
    A local told me to save time, have nothing on me but my ID and car keys and the deputy at the door appreciated that.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Well...
    Appointment was for 1:40.
    Got there at 12:40.
    Back on the road at 12:47.
    Did not see the deputy everyone is all giddy about, but the pretty young deputy who did help me was beyond nice, and got me taken care of in minutes.
    A local told me to save time, have nothing on me but my ID and car keys and the deputy at the door appreciated that.
    Nice, congrats.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Adams County, found a parking meter with 17 minutes remaining on it. Parked, walked thru the alley, across the street, found the entrance, cleared security, down the elevator, around the corner. There was no one before me at the window. Passed the clerk my DL, sat down for the picture. Was back in my vehicle with 10 minutes remaining on the meter.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Adams County, found a parking meter with 17 minutes remaining on it. Parked, walked thru the alley, across the street, found the entrance, cleared security, down the elevator, around the corner. There was no one before me at the window. Passed the clerk my DL, sat down for the picture. Was back in my vehicle with 10 minutes remaining on the meter.
    Damn that's quick, I hope Lancaster or Chester county are just as quick in that case.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Damn that's quick, I hope Lancaster or Chester county are just as quick in that case.
    The clerk typed kinda slow and wasn't real quick with the laminating machine. I think she let my permit cool off a minute before she handed it to me. If she had been QUICK it would have been half the time.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Same here. .think mine was 15 mins.. at most

Is this a Dutch auction? Do I hear seven minutes?!

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    PSA: Make sure you remove anything like a micro Leatherman from your keychain. Thankfully the deputies at the Gettysburg courthouse were cool and just held them for me. I just never thought about it...it was just another dangly on the keychain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom