• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I'd be much more likely to really bite on this one if they offered the 3.7" barrel and no porting. It doesn't help that this will hit the roster sometime near when the HK SFP9CC does, depending on specs on the latter, as that's definitively on the radar.

Yeah, I have a non-ported macro, and with a DPM recoil spring system it shoots plenty flat.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Yeah, I have a non-ported macro, and with a DPM recoil spring system it shoots plenty flat.

I just picked up an X-Macro Tacops last week, shot over 200 rds while I was at the range, and with the larger Macro grip module and 3.7" barrel, it shoots noticeably flatter and not as snappy as my P365X with 3.1" barrel. Is the DPM recoil spring system the one that comes with 3 different springs, so you can fine-tune the recoil? If so, did you try all 3 springs and if so, which spring did you decide to use?

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I just picked up an X-Macro Tacops last week, shot over 200 rds while I was at the range, and with the larger Macro grip module and 3.7" barrel, it shoots noticeably flatter and not as snappy as my P365X with 3.1" barrel. Is the DPM recoil spring system the one that comes with 3 different springs, so you can fine-tune the recoil? If so, did you try all 3 springs and if so, which spring did you decide to use?

I have the heaviest one in for SD carry loads and hotter range stuff like Winchester active duty. The main benefit is you don't get the jarring feeling when the slide is at its most rearwards or when it slams forward. For the tac ops get the Dpm for the p365xl since that is the same barrel and slide you have.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Oh, some DPM springs also have break in a little. The one I got for my 45 commander took a couple hundred rounds to get smooth

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    I have the heaviest one in for SD carry loads and hotter range stuff like Winchester active duty. The main benefit is you don't get the jarring feeling when the slide is at its most rearwards or when it slams forward. For the tac ops get the Dpm for the p365xl since that is the same barrel and slide you have.

NIce, why can't Sig use better DPM type springs and reduce jarring from the factory, lol. Before I got the Tacops, I was looking at FDEZwerkz slides for my 365X. Watched a ton of videos and since the FDEZ slides use the same guide/spring as an XL, a lot of guys were talking about the DPM kits. Only concern that was mentioned was that if the spring was too soft, that it may induce a failure to eject, or the slide may not return properly after firing. But I guess that shouldn't be a concern if going with the heaviest spring.

Last edited:

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Oh, some DPM springs also have break in a little. The one I got for my 45 commander took a couple hundred rounds to get smooth

Roger that. Man, I installed an extended mag release on my 365X. That little spring was so friggin tight, that I couldn't press the release button hard enough with just my thumb, I had to use the thumb on my left hand and really press it hard to get the mag to release. So, I dropped the mag, cleared the pistol, and sat in a chair watching TV while pressing that button using both thumbs, over and over for a couple hours to accelerate the break in. After that break in and running 1,000+ rds, the button now operates normally, and I can depress the button with the thumb on my shooting hand without much effort and the mag drops with no problem. But it took a LOT of pushes on that button to get that spring to loosen up.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    One issue on some DPM models is that some have different front caps that slightly tighten the space a few mm. When you have the cap in that does this it will very slightly restrict how far back the slide goes. This can jam up the slide release and you have to slingshot every time. I generally don't use that cap.

The stock SIG spring isn't that bad. I think if you are running a light you might not when notice too much diff with the DPM.

Only failure I had on the heavy DPM spring was intentional limp wrist of low powered range junk ammo.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    One issue on some DPM models is that some have different front caps that slightly tighten the space a few mm. When you have the cap in that does this it will very slightly restrict how far back the slide goes. This can jam up the slide release and you have to slingshot every time. I generally don't use that cap.

The stock SIG spring isn't that bad. I think if you are running a light you might not when notice too much diff with the DPM.

Only failure I had on the heavy DPM spring was intentional limp wrist of low powered range junk ammo.

One thing that I recently found to be interesting is that I just picked up an X-Macro Tacops w/3.7" barrel, so basically, it's an XL slide. Crazy thing is, racking the slide on the Tacops is noticeably easier than my P365X. I've got to clean the P365X & give it some fresh lube, so maybe that's a reason why the 365X feels harder to rack than the Tacops. I would have thought it would be the other way around since the Tacops is an XL slide with the larger guide rod and spring than the 365X.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    One thing that I recently found to be interesting is that I just picked up an X-Macro Tacops w/3.7" barrel, so basically, it's an XL slide. Crazy thing is, racking the slide on the Tacops is noticeably easier than my P365X. I've got to clean the P365X & give it some fresh lube, so maybe that's a reason why the 365X feels harder to rack than the Tacops. I would have thought it would be the other way around since the Tacops is an XL slide with the larger guide rod and spring than the 365X.

Shorter barrel guns are often harder to rack. The harder spring is needed because the smaller slide gives less inertial mass.

I just put in an enhanced trigger return spring for the macro. In dry fire it resets like a champ now. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Shorter barrel guns are often harder to rack. The harder spring is needed because the smaller slide gives less inertial mass.

I just put in an enhanced trigger return spring for the macro. In dry fire it resets like a champ now. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

Did you keep the stock trigger and just replace the return spring? That could be a nice cost effective mod, as some of the replacement triggers I've seen go for $100, sometimes more. Not sure how much your return spring cost, but I'd have to assume it was less than $100, lol. Personally, I don't mind my stock trigger. I don't have a safety on my Sig's, didn't want em, so I don't mind having a higher pull weight on my trigger, and what many refer to as a "spongy" feel or more travel required to fire. I'm carry for self defense and also enjoy target shooting at the range, but if the trigger is a bit harder to pull, and requires a bit more spongy travel before firing, I'll chalk that up as a possible added "safety factor". But if I was shooting competitively, that would be a different story.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On the other hand, what is this thing really supposed to be used for?

The traditional evolution was " regular size belt pistols " would progressively get chopped smaller and smaller . Nowadays , they start out pocket sized , and progressively get larger and larger . I used to joke they would meet in the middle , but now they pass each other .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom