• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For those interested, Sig just launched another P365 variant - the AXG (Alloy XSeries Grip) Legion.

1000000803.gif

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    For those interested, Sig just launched another P365 variant - the AXG (Alloy XSeries Grip) Legion.

Does that mean alloy frame, or alloy grip panels on a polymer frame? The latter seems unlikely but that's what the description and info on the page implies.

Web page says Frame material: N/A.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Does that mean alloy frame, or alloy grip panels on a polymer frame? The latter seems unlikely but that's what the description and info on the page implies.

Video said alloy frame and g-10 panels

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Alloy frame. The launch email was actually clearer than the listing on their site on that point.

1698537670441.png

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    On one hand, it's very pretty, and I definitely support Sig having more frames on the market.

On the other hand, what is this thing really supposed to be used for? The Macro was already questionable, and this is 5oz heavier. Genuinely surprised they're not selling it as a range+carry pack and throwing in an X-sized grip, too.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    On one hand, it's very pretty, and I definitely support Sig having more frames on the market.

On the other hand, what is this thing really supposed to be used for? The Macro was already questionable, and this is 5oz heavier. Genuinely surprised they're not selling it as a range+carry pack and throwing in an X-sized grip, too.
    Excellence in marketing. Midland is doing it with 2 way radios right now. The big 3 car companies did it with cars back in the 1960's and everyone had to have a new car every year. Even those who can afford a new car every year aren't doing that any more.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I'd be much more likely to really bite on this one if they offered the 3.7" barrel and no porting. It doesn't help that this will hit the roster sometime near when the HK SFP9CC does, depending on specs on the latter, as that's definitively on the radar.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd be much more likely to really bite on this one if they offered the 3.7" barrel and no porting. It doesn't help that this will hit the roster sometime near when the HK SFP9CC does, depending on specs on the latter.
    Do we know a release date for the SFP9CC? I’ve looked and can’t find it.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Do we know a release date for the SFP9CC? I’ve looked and can’t find it.
    I've been looking as well, but nothing definitive other that Q4 of this year. It did show up in generic form without any actual measurements on Handgun Hero recently. Not That that means anything other than HH is prepping for some specs.

1698606341580.png

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    I'd be much more likely to really bite on this one if they offered the 3.7" barrel and no porting. It doesn't help that this will hit the roster sometime near when the HK SFP9CC does, depending on specs on the latter, as that's definitively on the radar.

I agree. All they would need to do would be to pop an XL slide on the AXG Legion grip module and offer it as a "Tacops AXG Legion". I just picked up a Tacops, which is basically an X-Macro with an XL slide & 3.7" barrel, instead of the comp'd slide with 3.1" barrel. Or it would be great if Sig started selling the AXG Legion grip module separately. I'd seriously consider picking one up for my Tacops. I'm sure there's others who own XL's who might be interested in that aluminum grip module as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom