• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Can anyone on here give a short review for the P320 X Five vs the P320. Is it optics ready?

I cannot edit the title but I meant X FIVE

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    https://m.facebook.com/ShootIDPA/posts/1387001568043513

Last I heard, IDPA legal. Either ESP with Magwell and stock mags, or SSP with Magwell removed and 10/17rd mags.

Great gun, stock sights are excellent. Optics ready if that’s the route you want to go. Great in hand feel and trigger is...meh. Expected more out of an $800+ handgun, but not terrible. As accurate as I can shoot it, no issues with FTF/FTE.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    https://m.facebook.com/ShootIDPA/posts/1387001568043513

Last I heard, IDPA legal. Either ESP with Magwell and stock mags, or SSP with Magwell removed and 10/17rd mags.

Great gun, stock sights are excellent. Optics ready if that’s the route you want to go. Great in hand feel and trigger is...meh. Expected more out of an $800+ handgun, but not terrible. As accurate as I can shoot it, no issues with FTF/FTE.

Yes, removing the magwell and 21 round mags for legality. Seems a waste for an expensive gun. Maybe I'll look at the Glock 34 but I'm not much of a glock fan. My opinion is it'll need too many mods and ends up being the same price. Seems to be the IDPA gun of choice though. I really like the CZ Shadow 2 but that is definitely not IDPA legal. I really wanted to like the generic P320 but the grip feels like I'm holding a wooden log. Not for me. Maybe I should look at the X Carry. Typo might have been an omen...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    After shooting a 320RX with the Xseries grip. That's what I would get. Might be cheaper alternative too. The X grip makes me like the 320. The base 320 doesn't do it for me.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The problem with the X Five is the optic plate has the rear sight built in, so if you put on the red dot you lose the rear sight. So if by chance the red dot fails you are SOL. For that reason alone I would choose the 320 RX and just replace the grip module to keep the redundancy.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes, removing the magwell and 21 round mags for legality. Seems a waste for an expensive gun. Maybe I'll look at the Glock 34 but I'm not much of a glock fan. My opinion is it'll need too many mods and ends up being the same price. Seems to be the IDPA gun of choice though. I really like the CZ Shadow 2 but that is definitely not IDPA legal. I really wanted to like the generic P320 but the grip feels like I'm holding a wooden log. Not for me. Maybe I should look at the X Carry. Typo might have been an omen...

I love shooting IDPA but this is one of the things (the ridiculous ammo limits being the other) that is wrong with it. I know tons of people who carry and not one of them carries a G34 and if they did it damn sure wouldn't be with only 10 rounds in the mag.

I do see quite a few shooting 320s.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I love shooting IDPA but this is one of the things (the ridiculous ammo limits being the other) that is wrong with it.

I agree but I like the competition and the people who go to the matches.

I might try out USPSA but the local matches don't fit my schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom