• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    DO NOT LOCTITE THE PIN!

Under no circumstances should Loctite, let alone "Red Loctite", be used on this pin. If you feel uncomfortable replacing the pin yourself either send the gun to Sig and have them do it or find a local gunsmith familiar with Sigs.

If you are the original owner Sig will repair this free of charge and pay for shipping both ways. If you are not the original owner I suggest having a local gunsmith make the repair.

Well, it worked for me. If it were a double roll pin I would definitely not loctite it, but the solid pin i cleaned both surfaces with brake cleaner (acetone) and used a thin coating of loctite on the pin. Like I said, it worked for me, but different strokes for different folks.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I say tap the pin out, stand it on a anvil and give it a few LIGHT taps to flair one end just slightly, im talking about like .005" slightly...make sure you drive the smallest end first, or you could just flatten one end ever so slightly...same idea. It may work, may not...but its a quick fix that may solve the problem long term

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    >OP

Clandestine has graciously offered to fix your Sig, for free nonetheless... Work out the scheduling and take him up on it. From what I understand his work is impeccable, there are those on a waiting list weeks long just to have him even look at a gun.

Beats sending it back to Sig, cheaper too!

Doc

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    >OP

Clandestine has graciously offered to fix your Sig, for free nonetheless... Work out the scheduling and take him up on it. From what I understand his work is impeccable, there are those on a waiting list weeks long just to have him even look at a gun.

Beats sending it back to Sig, cheaper too!

Doc

No doubt. I don't know what I'm doing with this stuff, so I'd rather leave it to someone who does.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Oly, just call up Top Gun and see what type of Pin your Sig Requires.

They have a few types depending on the gun. If it not convient to meet you on a Saturday Ill meet you at the shop during off hours to help you out. If you bring other people they will have to remain outside the store while we work on your slide. Its a quick job.

Dont listen to the Loctite or peening advice. There are Solid Pins are Splined Pins and beating them only reduces contact surface which will make your situation worse, along with that if you bend that pin by peening it it can egg out the hole in your slide causing new pins not to hold in the future and it can also cause the firing pin to bind.

Loctite can leech into the Firing Pin and lock the gun up, Ive seen it many times.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Oly, just call up Top Gun and see what type of Pin your Sig Requires.

They have a few types depending on the gun. If it not convient to meet you on a Saturday Ill meet you at the shop during off hours to help you out. If you bring other people they will have to remain outside the store while we work on your slide. Its a quick job.

Dont listen to the Loctite or peening advice. There are Solid Pins are Splined Pins and beating them only reduces contact surface which will make your situation worse, along with that if you bend that pin by peening it it can egg out the hole in your slide causing new pins not to hold in the future and it can also cause the firing pin to bind.

Loctite can leech into the Firing Pin and lock the gun up, Ive seen it many times.

Okay, should I order the part as well? Thanks for your help.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yup, Get the part now and well be set.

Hey did I ever send you a message about the parts kit? I can't remember if I did or not. Long story: I got the parts kit and was wondering what days you are available.

If I did sent it already, no hurry. Let me know when you get some free time.

Your PM box is full so I wasn't sure if it went through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom