• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm not the best at fixing hardware of guns, so I will try to describe this as best as I can.

On a P226 slide is a "pin" of some sort. It is located at the rear of the slide near the serrations. I have noticed that mine is starting to "walk out." I noticed it was sticking out slightly more on one side...enough to catch my finger on. I was able to shove it back in. When I rack the slide multiple times it slowly walks out again...but it takes a while. I even shot 300 rounds in an hour and it didn't really come out much at all.

Has anyone else had this issue? From what I hear it is a serious problem, and I plan on having it fixed ASAP.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have had tens of thousands of rounds through 2 issue P229's in 11 years. Never a problem in those and never heard anything like it from our armorer.
    This pin, right?

c6e4d99f-c586-6bb3.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like yours is a roll pin and not a solid pin. Can you see daylight through it? I can't tell from your pic.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I've seen two versions before. My has a solid pin. I've seen a friend's gun (older than mine) that has two roll pins (one inside of another) in that position.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    replace it. When you do, red loctite it in place (make sure to clean the surfaces and let the loctite set up before manipulating the slide or reassembling the pistol)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    replace it. When you do, red loctite it in place (make sure to clean the surfaces and let the loctite set up before manipulating the slide or reassembling the pistol)

Even if loctite was appropriate, RED might be a tad drastic for this application. No loctite should be needed.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    DO NOT LOCTITE THE PIN!

Under no circumstances should Loctite, let alone "Red Loctite", be used on this pin. If you feel uncomfortable replacing the pin yourself either send the gun to Sig and have them do it or find a local gunsmith familiar with Sigs.

If you are the original owner Sig will repair this free of charge and pay for shipping both ways. If you are not the original owner I suggest having a local gunsmith make the repair.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As said, there are 2 types of Pins, Solid and 2 Piece. If you arent comfortable doing it bring it by Scotts one Saturday when Im there and Ill put it in for free.

I doubt SIG will pay shipping in this case, and if you have to ship it it has to go Next Day Air with UPS or FedEx. That will cost you at least $75.00 Insured NDA.

Dont use ANY loctite. If you do you can sieze up the Firing Pin Assembly if it leeches.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    As said, there are 2 types of Pins, Solid and 2 Piece. If you arent comfortable doing it bring it by Scotts one Saturday when Im there and Ill put it in for free.

I doubt SIG will pay shipping in this case, and if you have to ship it it has to go Next Day Air with UPS or FedEx. That will cost you at least $75.00 Insured NDA.

Dont use ANY loctite. If you do you can sieze up the Firing Pin Assembly if it leeches.

That would be awesome. I tried to PM you but it says you do not accept PM's, or is your inbox full?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That would be awesome. I tried to PM you but it says you do not accept PM's, or is your inbox full?

Its always full to be honest. At the moment its setup to only accept P.M.'s from people on my friend list to minimize the flooding of my Inbox.

Ill help however I can.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Its always full to be honest. At the moment its setup to only accept P.M.'s from people on my friend list to minimize the flooding of my Inbox.

Ill help however I can.

I didn't think about that, you probably get a million questions. I'll have to bring it in when you're there sometime soon, that would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom