• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I bought plenty of 22lr way back over the summer and boy, am I glad I did.
    My bolt action marlin never gets too hungry, lol.

It's a bummer, but stocking up on 9mm target ammo seems out of the question right now. I'll just buy from the range until things settle.

fuzzyclan

Jan 26, 2013
    I guess the old saying applies here:

"You want to play, you gotta pay"

I guess I'll have to skip eating out :-)

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    What was the going rate for 5.56mm 55gr per round before the sky opened up?

Pre-election .30 cents a round
    Post-election .32 cents a round and creeping up.

Post Sandy Hook $1 a round leaning towards a singularity.

Having said that I rapid fired 30 rounds of XM193 on Saturday afternoon and when I got back home I found two misplaced boxes that I thought I lost of PMC .223.

All is right in the universe that is if you stocked up ahead of time.

NukeNick

Jan 27, 2013
    I am constantly cruising the gun shops and Walmart, searching for ammo. I shoot what I can find. I don't want to shoot anything in my stockpile right now.

Its hard for me to take from my stash either!

No shooting, only buying when available.....:sad20:

I am more of a buyer right now for sure. I could make a range trip and still feel alright.

I would assume a lot of folks would love to have the ammo cache that I am sitting on. But I KNOW there is folks reading this that have a bigger stash than me. Tough times, but we will all get through this.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Life immitating art.

There's a game from a few years back called "Metro 2033". Ammo is used as currency. You have to decide if you need it as money, or need to use it to survive. Keep meaning to pick that up when it is on sale on Steam, but haven't played it yet.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Ammo shortage... what ammo shortage? :rolleyes:

Gotta learn to grow your own food, to keep your guns fed properly. Ironically I shoot more 45ACP, then 22LR these days. Once a box gets emptied, it gets reloaded promptly, to main the supply. Im not going to forgo my sport, because if the current gun hoarding market. :sad20:

Attachments

• LOTSOF45ACP~2.jpg
      LOTSOF45ACP~2.jpg
      164 KB · Views: 230

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County

Gotta learn to grow your own food, to keep your guns fed properly. Ironically I shoot more 45ACP, then 22LR these days. Once a box gets emptied, it gets reloaded promptly, to main the supply. Im not going to forgo my sport, because if the current gun hoarding market. :sad20:

That is a purty picture

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Some call the police. This guy has a high capacity cache of homemade explosive devises. Oh the humanity.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Keep your eye on Natchez. I purchased several 50 round boxes of 9mm yesterday at 2012 prices. They go fast but they did have PMC bronze, S&B and Federal FMJs. They all went into inventory following morning recepts before noon.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

You must have stocked primers and powder pretty deep then. Good forethought!

I wish I had gotten into reloading this past summer, but I chose to purchase a few other things first.

I'm not shooting any of my stockpile, but my local store has range ammo at a fair price for when I do want to shoot.

9mm is about $28/100 for range use only. Eh, it works.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Besides buying some .40 for my wife for xmas I havent bought ammo since before the election. Last summer I picked up 3k of 9mm reloads for .16 a round shipped. Last spring I started picking up federal bulk 22lr everytime I stopped at walmart. Also tacked on several bricks of cci blazer 22lr onto orders from natchez when they had them on sale for $18. I still have atleast 5k of 22lr left. It has been nice just sitting back and not worrying about finding ammo. :D

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    if i come across a reasonable price, ill buy ammo. I refuse to pay some of these premiums so ill buy silver instead at the moment. When ammo starts to come back down, once the shock of the "lower" price wears off well be back to where we were even though this could take years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom