• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    My 43' ham radio antenna does AM, FM, SSB and digital just fine (worldwide).

There is no such thing as an "HD Antenna" - it's just advertising. The VHF and UHF spectrum haven't changed. I made an "HD Antenna" from stripping about 18" off of some tv coax cable and pulled in a few channels just fine.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Can you get an antenna on the deck?

Also, there are a few websites that sell antennas where HOA rules are strict. Some of them are disguised as flag poles or bird feeders (which are not barred by the rules) or good attic antennas.

Other option is to listen to streaming over the interwebs.

Read up on the FCC's "Over The Air Reception Devise" (OTARD) laws: a restrictive covenant banning TV reception devices is unenforceable. Yes, it may be written in the bylaws, but the HOA can't enforce that covenant.

Also, FWIW, Maryland is a "right to dry" state and there's a state law that says restrictive covenants against outdoor clotheslines are unenforceable. I advise clients to install clotheslines when trying to negotiate with an HOA - it works wonders.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Haven't read whole thread but this is a very informative source with a lot of options.

http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/2029710.html

My only issue is that most of the recommendations are for the antennas he makes / sells. Thus you can't treat the information as unbiased. But I do agree with his assessment that most antennas are marketed with ranges that are best described as fantasy or only in the most ideal conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom