• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    Can you give me a general idea on the course of fire, stages, round count, etc?

I'd like to attend, but your over 3 hours from me and I've done too many where I drive a long distance to only shoot like 60 rounds. If I'm going to do that, I want some decent time behind the sights.

If you dont want to give too much away here, please IM me, just trying to get a feel for whether its worth the trip for me.

Thanks.

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    vw,

I certainly understand. In the begining of the thread you will find the estimated round count. This event is more of a "shoot" than a "match". What is the difference you ask? Well a shoot to our way of thinking has a social component as well as a good solid course of fire. We take a break for chow around noon and BS for a bit. Then it's back to the range.

Typically after the match, we leave the steel up and let participants fire from the 200 yard line for a bit. I would imagine this match would be no different. I will see if we are publishing the course of fire ahead of time. If so, I will post it here for you to see.

We are certainly sensitive to those who have to drive great distances to our events and want to make sure you get a good value for your time.

vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks. I missed that post down the thread, I was focused on the original post.

That helps and I'm still all up for a "shoot" as I only compete for fun anyway as an excuse to shoot things other than standing at a line punching holes in paper.

Please keep me updated as its something I'm definitely interested in.

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    as long as my ammo arrives on time and somebody has some SKS mags I could borrow I'll b sure to give it a try....... and I think I can shoot the Mosin good enough. Maybe I could catch a ride with someone, another member in my area possibly????????

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Looks like the cold front will be past us for RWB December which is good news. Match format is going to be Q-Course based. Minimum standards for passing must be met on each stage, or you're getting 'ripped.' This will be familiar to the guys who fought zombies with us. You must pass 4 out of 6 stages to qualify. Those who have the highest pass rates (never ripped once) are in the running for the grand prize, which is an automatic reset steel reactive target from lvsteeltargets.com. Those shooters will have a duel round at the end of the match to decide the grand prize winner. Only shooters using a KALASHNIKOV WITH IRON SIGHTS for the duration of the match shall be eligible.

WARNING: You can also get ripped by causing unnecessary delays of the match, such as by not being prepared and making the firing line wait for you, not adding up your score, or other grab-assing that induces delay...... so pay attention, have your gear squared away and follow instructions.

Most shooting is 100y and under, with only one stage fired at 200y. There is one multigun stage. New this time is the invitation to shoot an ol' war horse such as a Garand, Mosin Nagant, mauser, SMLE, etc. Same stages, but reduced round count. Bring 65 rounds if that's your bag.

1 - We're starting off in the clubhouse this time for coffee, opening ceremonies, safety briefing, and camaraderie. Please park in the main parking lot and leave gear secured in the vehicles.

2 - BRING YOUR RIFLE IN A CASE. We'll be walking down to the range due to limited parking available there.

3 - Chamber flags are mandatory wear at our matches. We have standard yellow NRA ones available for sale if you don't have one, so don't worry.

4 - Please put garbage in the plastic garbage cans and not the steel burn barrel.

5 - Decisions of the RSO's are final. They will appeal to the gallery if there is any doubt as to rippage. Chin music about it will only get you ripped a second time.

6 - Don't sweat it. It's tremendous fun, and if you're a newer shooter you're going to find the staff highly accommodating. Just let us know and we'll provide cheerful and friendly guidance.

See you at the clubhouse NLT 0900

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Looks like a very fun time! I sure hope there wasn't a lot of running for the stages or those guys with the RPK's were going to be dyin'..........:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom