Oregon “one-ups” California again. Time to re-think retirement planning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oregon has the same phenomenon as New York , Illinois , and Maryland . Outside of the Willamette Valley , it's filled with level headed , mostly conservative people .

And yes , parts of Oregon are unmatched for having the most variety of terrians/ scenery located in close proximity .

Other than the State Government , I'd be happy to live in Northeast Oregon .
    I've never lived there for sure, but at least driving through a whole ton of the state, it doesn't seem to just be the Willamette valley. Driving through the Umpqua national forest I saw plenty of militia compounds (okay, it was likely only 2, but a ton of people with giant Trump and don't tread on me flags, and a few properties that looked like there were actual above ground concrete bunkers) followed a quarter mile down the road with someone's property with giant LGBTQ+ flags flying, or weed flags, etc. It was extremely schizophrenic.

I'd agree most of the parts east of the Cascades seemed to be fairly conservative, but all of the bigger towns like Bend were very liberal, and plenty of farms I drove by were also flying it high that they were liberals. But that is the case almost anywhere. Rural areas tend towards about 2 conservatives to 1 liberal. Urban areas tend towards about 2 liberals for 1 conservative. And most suburbs and medium sized towns are closer to 1 to 1.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    And this....

Measure 114, often referred to as the Reduction of Gun Violence Act, will require background checks, firearm training, fingerprint collection and a permit to purchase any firearm. Alongside heightened restrictions, the National Rifle Association (NRA) believes the legislation’s ambiguous language fails to safeguard gun owner information by creating a searchable gun owner database.

“The ballot measure gives the power to each permit issuing department to annually publish ‘any additional information that it determines would be helpful’ to the process. That information includes names, addresses, and a whole host of additional personal information that would be released to the public,” NRA spokesperson Lars Dalseide previously told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “This ballot measure fails to safeguard law-abiding gun owners’ personal information – and, by proxy, information of families, friends, and employers – being made public. Failing to include those safeguards puts lives and property at risk.”

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    What part of Oregon are you from? I have family in The Dalles, Hood River, Newberg, and I used to live in Longview/Kelso WA
    I feel up about 45 min north east of Medford in southern Oregon. Spent the last 7 years up in Astoria. Been through Kelso/Longview a lot while we were up there.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    From what I am reading, their are a lot of people who would like the eastern part of Oregon to leave Oregon and become part of Idaho.

They would really love to be part of Idaho, same people who want the Jefferson state. Problem is Idaho is even being swamped with transplants from Cali. Still good for now, but the trend is moving.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    Oregon has the same phenomenon as New York , Illinois , and Maryland . Outside of the Willamette Valley , it's filled with level headed , mostly conservative people .

And yes , parts of Oregon are unmatched for having the most variety of terrians/ scenery located in close proximity .

Other than the State Government , I'd be happy to live in Northeast Oregon .
    Well said. Most states have the problem of the populous cities controlling what is passed as law. I’ve been through many parts of New York, New Jersey, and of course Maryland and see the same issues.

06B3B853-B7B2-4BEF-8A45-DF2728B4ED03.jpeg

dickyvee

Dec 3, 2019
    MoCo Md

Oregon passes Measure 114, one of strictest gun control measures in U.S.​

The measure will require Oregonians to obtain a permit to buy a gun after completing a firearms safety course and would ban the sale or transfer of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Hopefully the courts can stop this non-sense.
    Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Johns Hopkins is all excited about Oregon. First paragraph already sets the tone that they are going to lie in this article.

Gun deaths in the U.S. reached an all-time high in 2021 following unprecedented purchasing during the pandemic. These spikes are occurring as states and the Supreme Court roll back policies and provisions known to prevent gun violence.

Really pathetic for a university known for its "scientific endeavors." At least it is listed as opinion, but as such there's no ability to directly respond with comments.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Whooda thunk it … the state actually axed for permission to delay implementing this… they’re not giving up, just being realistic that they can’t do it right now, and won’t be able to for some time. so they are requesting a delay.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Is it worth asking the SCOTUS to review? It would be nice for them to toss out the ORSC ruling! Sending a message.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Is it worth asking the SCOTUS to review? It would be nice for them to toss out the ORSC ruling! Sending a message.

The ORSC ruling is good! It keeps the restrictive law from going into force.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

It would be denied just like all of the other preliminary injunctions.

The higher courts do not want to weigh in until the merits have been argued.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It would be denied just like all of the other preliminary injunctions.

The higher courts do not want to weigh in until the merits have been argued.
    And in this case we want the status quo for as long as possible, with the PI in place until the case is finally decided on merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom