Oregon “one-ups” California again. Time to re-think retirement planning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 19smiller

Nov 11, 2021

Oregon passes Measure 114, one of strictest gun control measures in U.S.​

The measure will require Oregonians to obtain a permit to buy a gun after completing a firearms safety course and would ban the sale or transfer of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Hopefully the courts can stop this non-sense.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Were you thinking about retiring there? May as well stay here............And I would just as soon have a road pylon of murder hornets shoved into my a$$ than do that.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    So when California said “watch how we make unconstitutional Gun laws”

Oregon said, “Here, Hold my Blunt“

Gotchya :thumbsup:

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    The left will keep passing 2A infringements because they want to force 2A advocacy spending $millions fighting then in court, while the left has "unlimited taxpayer money" to fund them. They are going to keep doing this until the can Pelican Brief a few constitutional justices and replace them with communists.
    They are not giving up. They know they can't ram the rest of their agenda through with first disarming us.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    actulally , if you discount portland , salem and eugene the rest of the state is pretty red , much like maryland . i worked in oregon for almost a year , wouldn't mind retiring there if they could fix alittle bit of the stupid . oregon reminds me of maryland , you can be to the ocean or mountians in a few hours , plus they have the high desert ( think clint eastwood movies ) .

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Maryland already has this for new gun owners.

Your HQL is your handgun owner ID and training cert, albeit not applicable to all guns.

We can't buy/sell >10 rounds either.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    actulally , if you discount portland , salem and eugene the rest of the state is pretty red , much like maryland . i worked in oregon for almost a year , wouldn't mind retiring there if they could fix alittle bit of the stupid . oregon reminds me of maryland , you can be to the ocean or mountians in a few hours , plus they have the high desert ( think clint eastwood movies ) .
    Basically every crazy liberal state is like that. Maryland, california, new york, Oregon, They are all nice and red outside of the cities. But the reason the whole state sucks is because the liberal cities run everything and tell the red areas what to do making none of them worth living in.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    Were you thinking about retiring there? May as well stay here............And I would just as soon have a road pylon of murder hornets shoved into my a$$ than do that.
    I’m originally from Oregon and have always considered going back. But things have gone downhill fast in the last 4-5 years. May be making other plans now. Such a beautiful state being ruined.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I can relate. Born and raised in VA, but when I leave here I won't be going back there either.

Not putting up with oppression for the rest of my life along with high taxes.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    Sad part is when I left two years ago, you could walk into the shop, buy whatever you wanted, and drive about 15min into the woods and shoot whatever you wanted. Hunting and fishing licenses were fairly cheap, and no sales tax. For a blue state, not half bad. But man, they’re really ruining it for everyone now.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The left will keep passing 2A infringements because they want to force 2A advocacy spending $millions fighting then in court, while the left has "unlimited taxpayer money" to fund them. They are going to keep doing this until the can Pelican Brief a few constitutional justices and replace them with communists.
    They are not giving up. They know they can't ram the rest of their agenda through with first disarming us.
    In this case, as a referendum, it may have been liberal voters, but that is direct a democracy as you can get. It was a large plurality who said they wanted it.

That doesn't change that it is against the constitution, but it does absolutely indicate a clear majority of people want it. Not just their representatives decided to do it.

Just like the opposite with cannabis. A very clear majority of people want it legalized (not just decriminalized), and yet the people's representatives on a Federal level, don't do anything about it. You've got about 2/3rds of people saying it should be legal recreationally and about 3 in 4 say it should at least be legal for medical purposes...

And that for sure ain't against the constitution. Heck, I'd argue it could be PRO constitutional. Sunshine in your pocket seems like pursuit of happiness to me :-)

PS Though I come off strongly on the cannabis issue, I am a teetotaler there. Both because I follow laws, even when I don't like them. But also just not my cup of tea. I just think people should have the right.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Basically every crazy liberal state is like that. Maryland, california, new york, Oregon, They are all nice and red outside of the cities. But the reason the whole state sucks is because the liberal cities run everything and tell the red areas what to do making none of them worth living in.
    Not sure what you do about that. Most of the land is occupied by conservatives. But most of the people in the country are liberals. I am not sure how much land you own should have anything to do with how much your vote is worth. Should the big red areas with very few people tell the liberal cities where most of the people are actually living what to do?

Probably what it argues for is much more local control of most stuff, rather than state control.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Which is the reason that states should have an electoral college as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom