• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joma352

Jan 4, 2018
    Lower Eastern Shore
    everyone says they buy 80% lowers and mill them out to make "ghost guns" so the government doesnt know that you own it. odds are you purchased parts of this online or even in store with a credit card so there is a digital history of the transaction. what are the odds the government doesnt have some sort of tracker to monitor purchases on things needed to make the "ghost weapons"? only way i see you having a completely off the grid weapon is if you pay for everything in cash

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Plenty of ways to do online purchases w/out it coming directly back to you. I know of some people that will have other people in neighboring states order, and have the items delivered to the purchaser, only to buy them in cash at a later date. Especially handy when magazines go on sale.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    What you buy you can also sell. There is no requirement to keep a record of such a transaction. I seriously doubt that a record of your purchase of components would be adequate grounds for a search warrant years after the fact if confiscation ever came to be. But I don't have a crystal ball, either. I'm on so many government lists already, one more probably isn't going to make or break me.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm pretty sure the .gov keeps records of everything they possibly can and store it, given the people they have let slip through the cracks on background checks (church shooting guy) I do not believe they know how to search their own data ... yet. Another thought is that in the cost of purchasing a computer the larger price variable has to do with memory/storage, we are paying them to store our data and I would guess at a premium.

Please do not post how anything is actually purchased, :tinfoil:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    QjXr48n.jpg

I'm pretty sure the .gov keeps records of everything they possibly can and store it, given the people they have let slip through the cracks on background checks (church shooting guy) I do not believe they know how to search their own data ... yet. Another thought is that in the cost of purchasing a computer the larger price variable has to do with memory/storage, we are paying them to store our data and I would guess at a premium.

Please do not post how anything is actually purchased, :tinfoil:

Sure they do...They just built the world's largest data collection center out west and are building another just like it at Ft. Meade. (my brother's construction company is the general contractor) They have the capacity to store 1.2 zettabytes of data or about 1117587089538.58 gigabytes with the means to search it with nearly infinite variables.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Legitimate whack-jobs (school shooters etc) don't magically pop off, there are always warning signs, they typically tell someone something disturbing but nothing happens. For example:
    VA Tech shooter- known as a weirdo for non-nonsensical rants & writings in class, known to have mental problems
    Gabby Giffords shooter- Known to the police , morning of the shooting his father knew he had taken the car with guns in the trunk
    Newtown- kid wouldn't answer his mom directly, locked himself in his room and would only communicate via email with said mother while posting online about disturbing behavior

If they miss all this, do you really think they have the manpower to track down some dude who may or may not have bought a jig& 80% lower?

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    What exactly are parts for Ghost Guns? I mean if you buy a barrel, parts kit, stock, slide or whatever for replacement parts of what you own, how would you know the difference if you were tracking it. I would think if anyone was trying to track anything it would be the 80% lowers. Ultimately there is no way to definitively tie anything to a person since there is no requirement to log such transactions. I personally have gotten rid of all of the parts and/or 80% lowers I bought online but if you went by CC statements you would still see the purchases.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I just seemed to have a problem each time I tried to do the machining and had to throw out useless hunks of metal or plastic. In frustration, I gave away any associated parts to strangers. It's been an expensive lesson to learn that I should not own guns other than those properly registered with my betters.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Sure they do...They just built the world's largest data collection center out west and are building another just like it at Ft. Meade. (my brother's construction company is the general contractor) They have the capacity to store 1.2 zettabytes of data or about 1117587089538.58 gigabytes with the means to search it with nearly infinite variables.
    Storing that much data is far easier than searching it.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I buy all my assault weapon, high capacity, gun show loophole, hyper-killy ghost gun parts and accessories with cash, while wearing a halloween mask.

Just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom