• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I ordered parts from the website. I understand with the holiday and panic buys, you guys have been swamped, but it'd be nice to get an update. I've called and was told I'd get a call back when my order had some sort of info I also tried emailing but i still have not heard yet. Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Order number: 67829

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I wouldn't expect much. Not many retailers providing that info. They are focusing all resources to fulfilling orders.

Look at DSG, Rainer, Brownells..... they all are providing disclaimers.

Be patient. It will show up.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Exactly. I have an order with J&G and with Buds and both have disclaimers and both have no updates despite being ordered two weeks ago. I had this happen recently too with a lower I ordered from PSA, but sure enough, patience won the day and it arrived.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I didn't see any disclaimers until after I ordered tho. Part of the reason I'm wondering is because I'm getting a dust cover kit from them and I don't want to put the barrel on to them have to take it back off to install the dust cover. Everything else I ordered from that date is either here or with USPS, that include brownells and rainer arms

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    I didn't see any disclaimers until after I ordered tho. Part of the reason I'm wondering is because I'm getting a dust cover kit from them and I don't want to put the barrel on to them have to take it back off to install the dust cover. Everything else I ordered from that date is either here or with USPS, that include brownells and rainer arms

For an AR? You can install and remove a dust cover with a barrel on

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    For an AR? You can install and remove a dust cover with a barrel on

Really? Everything I've read says you have to take barrel nut off in order to put it on. This is my first build so if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm using the yhm rail and barrel nut

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    My last order with them was the 18 and it arrived at my ffl on the 26th(slowed down due to Christmas). I'm sure if you pm Joebob he will answer you quickly, I've sent him a few messages and he always responds usually within a couple hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    My last order with them was the 18 and it arrived at my ffl on the 26th(slowed down due to Christmas). I'm sure if you pm Joebob he will answer you quickly, I've sent him a few messages and he always responds usually within a couple hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We were on the same page on the 18th. Same exact time frames for me. Lol! What you get?

Fieldman

Dec 22, 2009
    Clayton, DE
    I ordered an XDM on 12/26 & it arrived at my FFL today. Granted it went 2day delivery cause it was a handgun. Theyre still doing really well compared to most others. I placed an ammo order from PSA the following day and still have no ship confirmation.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I ordered an XDM on 12/26 & it arrived at my FFL today. Granted it went 2day delivery cause it was a handgun. Theyre still doing really well compared to most others. I placed an ammo order from PSA the following day and still have no ship confirmation.

I have no info on my order. I placed on the 21st same day as everything else I ordered, and it will be the last thug to get here. Everything but the barrel arrived last week. Barrel hopefully on Friday due to it coming from Washington state. But I currently have no info on the parts I ordered from joe bob

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Folks don't understand why places like Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A close on Sundays and holidays. Or can't cope with a few day wait, ignoring the idea that those folks want to be enjoying the holiday and time off just like anyone else.

Relax.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Folks don't understand why places like Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A close on Sundays and holidays. Or can't cope with a few day wait, ignoring the idea that those folks want to be enjoying the holiday and time off just like anyone else.

Relax.

I'm not necessarily complaining about it taking so long, I just want to know what the status is. I sent them an email asking for a status update and I got a confirmation that they got the email, and that it would take 2 business days max to respond and it's been about 5 business days now. I just find it annoying that I can't get any info on my order

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    They always come through. If it makes you feel better, I placed an order with Palmetto State Armory on 12/19 and it is still pending.

Same here.. PSA order on 12/18 still pending for a MOE LPK from the Christmas Special.

Everyone is slammed, just give it time. You orders will come.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I apologize for the above issues. We're trying our best to get things out ASAP, and if there is a stock discrepancy following up with customers as needed. Honestly, we've never been this low on inventory, ever. It's stupid. Because of the crazy amount of business, and distributor/manufacturer screw ups its causing even more headaches. For instance, in the last week;

Received BCM Mod3 charging handles in Mod4 packaging.....causing a few dozen orders to be short the Mod4's.... which sucks. Luckily we noticed before sending them out.

Received YHM Carbine length gas tubes in lieu of Rifle length gas tubes as our purchase order stated they were. A new guy was receiving inventory and didn't notice the part number difference (04A versus 04), but we noticced in shipping. Causing a few dozen orders to be short gas tubes...which sucks

Etc, etc.

We also have had a few employees out for sick time, and of course holidays, and of course family time.

Not making excuses, but basically I am giving an apology with an explanation. We're trying to followup with all customers. Honestly, if its been this long we're probably missing something on the order and if you haven't heard back today you should hear back tomorrow from us. One of our primary customer service reps that follows up with discrepancies had some major sickness over the last week and a half causing us to fall behind in that dept.

Its not that we don't want to take care of it, but honestly with the surge in demand + holidays, its been killing us. We damn near had a mutiny today with employees, no shit.

We've been trying to find squared away part time help to fill in but of course training, and finding a GOOD set of new employees (You don't want your order to show up wrong, and neither do we) is very difficult to do on a short notice, when you're already short staffed to do training.

We're STARTING to come down the hill of crazy orders. At one point we were about 1400 orders backed up. As of tonight, we're only backed up 700....there is a light at the end of the tunnel I suppose.

This is atypical of the normal service we try to provide, so do know that.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Okay you can screw up my order okay? I'll order 3 stickers and you send me 3 ARs. And well just call it even due to inconvenience on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom