• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Ruger SP101 in .357. I'm carrying one now in a IWB holster. Very comfortable.

Oh, you wanted a 9mm? SR9c or LC9 by Ruger.

Jim

Dang, jimbob........

Now you got me to thinkin'... Hate that!!!:D

What I was looking for is a small 9mm that I can CC with or without me OCing my P239.

Now I need to think about a wheely to hide when I OC the GP100!!!!!

Dang........

:banghead:

TheRedDragon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 6, 2010
    i really like the idea of a small glock, but the 26 just doesnt feel good in my hands. full size glocks are the only ones i like the feel of come to think of it. i like the feel of the m&p subcompact they have out but cant get past how god awful ugly they are

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Love my GLOCK 19.

But something tells me this thread is about SUB-compacts, not compacts.

I'm thinking maybe a Kahr will be my next sub-compact.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Have a g19, g26, and an HK P7M8. The HK is the easiest to shoot fast and accurately and is the most comfortable IWB carry of the 3. The g26 works best in an undershirt holster, my winter cycling jacket, and my Maxpedition murse. I just don't finding of an advantage between the g19 and g26 for IWB carry, so I usually take the g19.

With that said, the HK is so much more comfortable to carry and shoot, that it ends up being the daily go-to piece from May-October. The G19 or 26 is used as a travel piece (either plane or long road trips). Of course, YMMV.
    D

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The "dangling pinky" doesn't bother me and I like my Glock 26 a lot. It has replaced my 19 as the most comfortable carry gun. Yes its chunky, but it disappears in a Crossbreed supertuck.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    +1 on the M&P 9c. I have been carrying mine for 3 or 4 years without any problems. It is about the largest pistol I can comfortably conceal year round without having to dress around it much, just an untucked button up shirt. It is also the smallest gun that I can run at full speed with my full sized guns, using the extended mags the grip is nice, and comfortable, and 12rds is pretty decent for it's size. It is right in between the GLOCK 19 and 26 as size goes.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    another vote for g19. imo, it's the do all 9mm. small enough to conceal, simple to operate, and 15rd is just the right amount for a sidearm, imo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not to be needlessly Clintonesque , but it all depends on what "Compact" means to you. In my mind things break down into "compact" , and "subcompact" . There is substantial difference, and not to be taken lightly .

Subcompact = able to carry in pants pocket.

Compact = somewhat smaller than the "service pistol" size of same product line, and impliedly a reasonably compact belt pistol, yet still offer reasonable degree of accuraccy and control.

A pocketable 9mm takes a really small and light 9mm . there will be a substantial trade off of accuraccy, control , and comfort (shooting) . However compared to subcompact .40 or .45acp , the 9mm is less effected by velocity loss.
    By using by usual comparison methods, with my prefered subcompact , I can do at 15yds , what I can do w/ normal compact at 25yds .

Once you step up from pocket carry to belt level carry it is substantially more of a clothing issue than a gun issue. An allegedly subcompact that won't actually effectivly fit in pants pocket then just becomes a difficult to shoot belt gun.

If not actually to be carried in pants pocket, simply step up to whichever modern pistol design of your choice, with a grip that all of you fingers fit onto , and 3.5 to 4-ish inch bbl , and due modicum of care in dressing around it.

Of actual subcompacts ( if actually desired) , I still am partial to the origional KelTec P11 . With the flush 10rd mag is arguably pocketable. With a compatable S&W 12rd mag w/ finger rest is still highly concealable offside belt gun , but with greatly increased control.

My P11 is 100% , but I acknowledge that many of them require polishing to be reliable. But even if you factor in an automatic professional "fluff & buff" , it is still highly cost effective compared to A Kahr PM9 .

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Dang, jimbob........

Now you got me to thinkin'... Hate that!!!:D

What I was looking for is a small 9mm that I can CC with or without me OCing my P239.

Now I need to think about a wheely to hide when I OC the GP100!!!!!

Dang........

:banghead:

The only thing I don't like about the SP101 is the speed loaders, but 125gr .357 Magnums are hard to beat.

Jim

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Kel Tec PF9 with pocket clip. 7+1

very concealable....my Uncle Mikes inside pocket holster

+1

easy to carry (if I could legally). Had 1,000 acres of hunting property that I used to scout regularly and this was always on me.

Not the gun to take target shooting put great to carry.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I have a G19 and it is terrific. It's well over a decade old and runs like a champ. No real maintenance required over its life. Just a little cleaning now and then (with an emphasis on "little" - this thing has been cleaned maybe once every 500 rounds or so.) I also have a G23 just a little bit younger, and it also behaves the same. No drama at all.

I am looking for a pocket/mouse gun, myself. The G26 is a nice gun but I would not want to place it in a pocket. All Glocks need holsters. I am thinking more of a small gun that can go in a pocket (with a holster or without) with an external safety. Just in case.

But for everything else, I would say Glock is a great choice. They are the home defense guns.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    I have a G19 and it is terrific. It's well over a decade old and runs like a champ. No real maintenance required over its life. Just a little cleaning now and then (with an emphasis on "little" - this thing has been cleaned maybe once every 500 rounds or so.) I also have a G23 just a little bit younger, and it also behaves the same. No drama at all.

I am looking for a pocket/mouse gun, myself. The G26 is a nice gun but I would not want to place it in a pocket. All Glocks need holsters. I am thinking more of a small gun that can go in a pocket (with a holster or without) with an external safety. Just in case.

But for everything else, I would say Glock is a great choice. They are the home defense guns.

I recently bought the MIC holster and use it on my Glock 26. If I carry it in a zippered coat or vest pocket with a zipper closure, I just secure the lanyard through the zipper pull. That also works with a normal (i.e. non-holster-equipped) fanny pack.

http://www.glocktech.com/

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    G26!!!

Attachments

• Glock 26.jpg
      Glock 26.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 285

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    Compact:
    CZ P-01 (Fits the hand like a glove)

Sub-Compact:
    Kahr MK9 (near perfection)
    Kel-Tec PF9 (if yours runs reliably, they often need a break-in)

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Not to be needlessly Clintonesque , but it all depends on what "Compact" means to you. In my mind things break down into "compact" , and "subcompact" . There is substantial difference, and not to be taken lightly .

Subcompact = able to carry in pants pocket.

Compact = somewhat smaller than the "service pistol" size of same product line, and impliedly a reasonably compact belt pistol, yet still offer reasonable degree of accuraccy and control.

A pocketable 9mm takes a really small and light 9mm . there will be a substantial trade off of accuraccy, control , and comfort (shooting) . However compared to subcompact .40 or .45acp , the 9mm is less effected by velocity loss.
    By using by usual comparison methods, with my prefered subcompact , I can do at 15yds , what I can do w/ normal compact at 25yds .

Once you step up from pocket carry to belt level carry it is substantially more of a clothing issue than a gun issue. An allegedly subcompact that won't actually effectivly fit in pants pocket then just becomes a difficult to shoot belt gun.

If not actually to be carried in pants pocket, simply step up to whichever modern pistol design of your choice, with a grip that all of you fingers fit onto , and 3.5 to 4-ish inch bbl , and due modicum of care in dressing around it.

Of actual subcompacts ( if actually desired) , I still am partial to the origional KelTec P11 . With the flush 10rd mag is arguably pocketable. With a compatable S&W 12rd mag w/ finger rest is still highly concealable offside belt gun , but with greatly increased control.

My P11 is 100% , but I acknowledge that many of them require polishing to be reliable. But even if you factor in an automatic professional "fluff & buff" , it is still highly cost effective compared to A Kahr PM9 .

This is what I was thinking also, the guy says compact and people are mentioning glock 19, I know departments that use that as their service weapon, IMO not compact to me. Compact in comparison to the G17, but not compact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom