• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Only thing I saw this afternoon was the deer tail waiving at me and dissapeared in the thick brush. Next time I hunt, bringing a 22lr. Them squirrels are annoying and throwing me off.

Funny you should say that. I told my nephew yesterday I want someone to invent a .50 cal muzzleloader / .22LR O/U for such occasions. I keep 2 broadheads and four field points in my bow quiver. I usually come out of the woods with at least 2-5 tree rat every bow hunt.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Funny you should say that. I told my nephew yesterday I want someone to invent a .50 cal muzzleloader / .22LR O/U for such occasions. I keep 2 broadheads and four field points in my bow quiver. I usually come out of the woods with at least 2-5 tree rat every bow hunt.

and ar15.. heard few coyotes howling..

typically we take one or two deer during muzzle loader opening weekend.. this year is strange.. so far only one deer has been taken out of the property. :tdown: usually probably half a dozen taken by now.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I built up my natural ground blind today, then found out this whole week is antlerless muzzleloader. COOL!

I jumped some deer as I started down the hill LOL. Today we had nice weather finally, no wind, sun was out, so of course the deer were hanging around. I don't think they even left the property as the neighbors all around were doing stuff outdoors, and these deer won't run off to any of that unless they are really pressured to or really nervous like when it's windy. No sunday hunting private land Balto co- boohoo...

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    put down a decent (in my book) 8pt tonight a 6:20 got to dark for a pic. i will snap one tomorrow before we cut him up.

here are a few pics
    IMG_20111023_164657.jpg

IMG_20111023_164642.jpg

IMG_20111023_164631.jpg

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Was overb at the inlaws tonight and saw a small 6 point with 5 does come up in the yard to eat some grass. I think I'm going to need to take one this year.
    Down in the woods there were many more roaming around.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I mounted 2 bucks with 8pt racks about that size that were 1.5 year old deer. Outside spreads were about 16".

I was gonna say thats a really young deer.

Congrats to everybody you hunted. I went bow hunting friday with two buddies, put them in my best spots and sat somewhere new. They both shot does while all i got to do was watch 15 deer walk within their range!

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Nice little 6 point. 17 months old and 145 lbs. The last pic is a small doe I let go Friday morning, lingered for 20 minutes so I took a picture through my scope.

Attachments

• CIMG0244.jpg
      CIMG0244.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 137
    • DSC05981.JPG
      DSC05981.JPG
      91.3 KB · Views: 138
    • DSC05982.JPG
      DSC05982.JPG
      77.4 KB · Views: 136
    • CIMG0246.jpg
      CIMG0246.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 134

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Let 5 or so does walk on friday. Saw a good 8 pt that I had pictures of sat morning but no shot, then a mess of does on sat afternoon. Bow hunted yesterday and passed on a doe. I'm waiting for the colder weather so I can hang em for a few days before I shoot anything else without horns. Tracking, dragging em out of the woods, gutting, quartering, grinding/roasts/steaks and then bagging everything really takes it out of you when you do it in one night. I prefer to hang one then shoot another and do it all at once. Less cleanup that way.

Maryland_Pinz

Aug 9, 2010
    Got my first deer!

Been lurking a little, and I hate to introduce myself in this fashion, but what the heck--gotta start somewhere! I'm new to hunting, never having been taught by anyone and growing up in an area that is not very friendly to hunters. In fact, most of the people I know think that hunting is unethical (I know... it's a bunch of crap!). Anyhow, I got my first deer on day 2 of muzzleloader season. I've been out w/ compound bow and crossbow, but haven't had any luck there yet. I'm definately going to keep trying during bow season. I've made a few mistakes along the way, but am learning as I go. Here's a picture of the first deer that I have ever taken, and he was sacrificed on public land in Frederick County. I was almost the 2nd one to be sacrificed myself dragging him out of the woods on a sled. I always figured it would be tough, but no where near that difficult! Anyhow, next time I will field dress the deer to make the drag back to the vehicle quicker/easier. BTW, I took him w/ my T/C Encore Pro Hunter--I love that gun!

Buck10-21-11.jpg

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    MDP, Nicely done! And welcome. Thats an excellent first deer!. Yes field dress that bad boy to drop some weight and more importantly, if you can, go with a buddy to help you pull and share a few bevos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom