• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    The property owner still has a huge smoldering dirt pipe over waste out in the middle of his field. Smells like hell and it has without a doubt messed up the routine of the deer. Hopefully it will be burn out soon.

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    Saw 3 at 300 yds, bed down there at 9 am. They were movin before light, saw 5 on the roads driving out to the property.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I didn't see anything this morning, except all of the tree rats, crows and Doves, that I didn't over the past 2 months. If I took a shotgun with a box od shells, guess what I have seen ? That's right...

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I think I saw this guy but not sure, in a flash he was gone and I wasn't even armed! :D Note the damn coon eating corn!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 168

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I went out about 17:15, what a time. I was there sitting against a tree at my spot and I heard a rustling not too far away. I had both, rifle and .44 Uberti Walker and a good book. Eased book down and surveyed area and sure enough a average doe appeared not 30 or 40 feet away 45 degrees to my left. I couldn't get my rifle leaning against the tree BUT I was able to ease my hand down and unholster and cock the 5 lb Walker packed with 60 gr BP equivalent.

She became wary but that was fine, I didn't flinch but she saw me and did her damnedest to make me move. So I was content to just watch, she bounced her head up and down, stomped her hooves, charged and backed off all the while SNORTING like I have never heard one snort before. She did all these antics for AT LEAST 15 or 20 minutes and she must have snorted 200 times, I kid you not. :thumbsup: She eventually tired and retreated into the woods.

I let her go knowing I can get her anytime I wanted since I didn't give myself away. I guess I'm mellowing with age because in recent years I've let more go then I ever thought I would. Today was a bit more special since I really got a show put on for me. :thumbsup::cool:

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    Took a good sized doe and then a small one. First two shots at deer with the new Omega and both clean kills. The firstwas an open field shot and she didnt run 10 yds. Reloaded and sat patiently cause the deer were everywhere tonight. The second onew was with two others right under my stand, ran 35 yds, no blood as some organs plugged the exit hole. Started thinking i missed her low cause after 25 mins no sign of blood. I then walked the path of least resistence and spotted her with no more than a teaspoon or two of blood.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Took a good sized doe and then a small one. First two shots at deer with the new Omega and both clean kills. The firstwas an open field shot and she didnt run 10 yds. Reloaded and sat patiently cause the deer were everywhere tonight. The second onew was with two others right under my stand, ran 35 yds, no blood as some organs plugged the exit hole. Started thinking i missed her low cause after 25 mins no sign of blood. I then walked the path of least resistence and spotted her with no more than a teaspoon or two of blood.

congrats...i didnt see anything except squirrels..

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Only thing I saw this afternoon was the deer tail waiving at me and dissapeared in the thick brush. Next time I hunt, bringing a 22lr. Them squirrels are annoying and throwing me off.

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    Went out fri morning seen a tail and something else couldnt tell if it was a deer or a yot. But nothing else. Dont see as much deer as we use to.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I went out about 17:15, what a time. I was there sitting against a tree at my spot and I heard a rustling not too far away. I had both, rifle and .44 Uberti Walker and a good book.

I need to start doing that; bringing a book with me. Would make the time pass by much more easily.

Have thought of bring one of my BP revolvers with me as well. Would be easier for a close encounter; shoot... sometimes they're immediately below my stand....

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Here's a photo of another friends take for the season here in Charles County. The height is 19" from base to tip of G2.

In Photo: Robert "Block" Collins - Indian Head, Maryland

Attachments

• blockbuck.jpg
      blockbuck.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar