• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sorry I've been MIA. I've been dealing with my regular work and trying to keep Annapolis City happy (long story).

Thanks for everyone for stepping up. I have not been able to do all the prep work I usually do and I have not been able to spread the word as much as in the past. I've posted on some other gun related boards but I have not been tracking them too much (I seem to be only talking to myself!).

I'll try to sit down and repeat my standard "talk before the walk" speach about what is recommended dress and attitude wise.

I believe Norton will bring his PA system we used back in January. This is an MSI function so any speakers should be coordinated through him.

If I had been better organized I would have worked with Boondock to set up some pregame get-to-gethers so shirts could be sold and everyone looking sharp for the event (Insert note to self here).

Anyways, I've got to go, #1 daughter's b-day and I'm running late...

-Boxcab

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    I spoke with a member of republican gubernatorial candidate Murphy's campaign this evening who was trying to get him in to speak to our gun club, and she asked where he could have the best opportunity to meet pro-2A people. I told her he should start with MSI and she wasn't aware of us.

I told her he should definitely be at the open holster event in Annapolis next Saturday and she seemed excited.

They are so busy transmitting they don't ever receive signals, I think. If someone called his office and invited him (I think maybe we already did?), he might show up.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    OHR invitations sent to remaining 23A candidates who are vying for Gerron Levi's seat:

Lisa Ransom, Shukoor Ahmed, Terrence Collins and Margaret Moodie, the latter being the only Republican in the race.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    One day to go!

After this mornings earthquake I'm sure we'll be shaking things up in Annapolis!

Come join us tomorrow in Annapolis.

-Boxcab

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Don,

I would love to sit down with you next week and listen to you and hopefully work with you. Let me know what would be a good time to meet with you.

Shukoor

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Come on Out and Join US!

The following is my "prep" talk...

Suggestions for MSI’s 4th Open Holster Day Rally​

We want to show that we are responsible, law abiding citizens. Everyone that sees us will have only a short time to decide if we are legitimate or a just another set of wacko’s.

With the proceeding in mind, I suggest the following:

Dress - Business casual comes to mind. It will be hot and humid in Annapolis, so being comfortable is very important. A nice look will help what opinion that the masses will form. I’d stay away from t-shirts with slogans, band or beer logos other then the blue MSI "Ask me about my Empty Holster" shirt. Ripped jeans are not suggested. “MSI Blue” is suggested. If we all wear the same color, we show unity. Use your own common sense to decide, I’ll be happy to see you how ever you dress, but do wear something! Last but not least, wear an empty holster. Do not try to be smart by putting anything in the holster. An empty holster IS our message. Take a look in the mirror before you leave home to make sure you are sending the message we are looking for.

Attitude - Bring a positive attitude. Do not come ready for a fight. If someone wants to start a heated discussion, excuse yourself and return to the Rally. Remember, this is not the time to argue with anyone. Our main mission is to be seen and start people thinking... and wondering what the Empty Holsters are about. We will not change anyone’s mind immediately, but we want them to start considering the options. We just want to get them thinking. We will have other days to push those beliefs a little further. We want to plant the seed now.

The Police - We are good with the Police. Let me say that again, WE ARE GOOD WITH THE POLICE. The Local Police Departments have been contacted and know about us and are expecting us. If asked, you are part of the Open Holster Day Rally. We have a permit from the City of Annapolis, Office of Special Events. Remember, the empty holster is just a fashion accessory.

The Public - Since we have tried to advertise this event there may be a very slim chance that “The Antis” may try and crash our party. Do not allow yourself to be provoked and pulled into any arguments. See Attitude above. If someone is harassing you and will not give up, find the nearest Police officer or call 911 and tell them you are be being harassed. Let the Law handle it. We ARE law abiding citizens and will not stoop to their level.

The Merchants - If before or after the Rally one of the merchants wants you to leave their establishment because of your holster, just leave. Write down the pertinent information (name of store, any employee names, time, etc.). We will regroup after words and as a group we will address the issue. Do not try to argue your Rights, not at this time. We will let calm heads decide how to best proceed. Video and still cameras are your friends.

Post Mortem - I truly believe all of the above will not be necessary, but there are gun owners who will not be joining us because of various fears. The second most important aspect of this protest (the first is being seen!) is being able to report back afterwards that “nothing” happened. No one was billy-clubbed by jack booted thugs, the population did not run us out of town tarred and feathered, and no one was shot on sight. Nothing, nada, zip. We should have some of our sympathetic Legislator’s and candidates show up for a meet and greet. I encourage you to encourage them, thank them for their support. Be courteous, be kind and be counted as a person willing to stand up for your rights. Take pictures of your good time, meet new friends, open some minds and report back that nothing happened. I’ll call that a success.

Thanks to all of you that will make the effort to join us. I am eager to meet you and count each and every one of you as a friend.

-Boxcab

Last edited:

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Unfortunately I'm going to be in VA tomorrow and will miss this one. Is there anything I can do instead? I get that the most important thing one can contribute tomorrow is a body, but I won't even be in the state, so what can I do?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Some more guidance!

See the attached .pdf to see where we will be setup in Annapolis.

-Boxcab

Attachments

• Map.pdf
      351.3 KB · Views: 114

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Unfortunately I'm going to be in VA tomorrow and will miss this one. Is there anything I can do instead? I get that the most important thing one can contribute tomorrow is a body, but I won't even be in the state, so what can I do?

Send two friends in your place! :D

Seriously, if you can talk someone into coming that would be a help.

Be safe in your travels and be sure to come to the next Rally!

-Boxcab

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'll be at a funeral. I was planning on attending, until the untimely death of my Uncle. Unfortunately, neither of our bodies will be there.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ah gee, teratos, sorry to hear that. It's the best excuse you never wanted to use, I'm sure. Thoughts are with you.
    Thanks. He was a good guy. Was only 63. Loved to shoot, too. I'll miss him. He did leave my son my grandfather's M-1 carbine that he brought back from WW2. He's gonna be the best armed 8 year old on the block.

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    Anyone have the address of the parking garage near there? Or an address near the rally that I can plug into my GPS? I've lived in MD for 12 years and I've never been down to to the Annapolis waterfront (or farther than the ASPCA down there).

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Anyone have the address of the parking garage near there? Or an address near the rally that I can plug into my GPS? I've lived in MD for 12 years and I've never been down to to the Annapolis waterfront (or farther than the ASPCA down there).

Don't have the address, but the garage is on Duke of Glouster St.
    Take 450E off 50. 450 AKA West St. will take you downtown to Church Circle, 3rd street in circle is Duke of Glouster.

HTH

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I hope to be there around 1-130. This will be my cherry, so be nice to me.
    Look forward to meeting some of you people.
    Don't have a MSI shirt but will have my MD Shooters black hat on.

Hey, I'm giving up a Yankees game to be there.

Hope for good weather

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom