Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    - MSI ANNOUNCES THE -

4th OPEN HOLSTER RALLY

July 17, 2010

12 Noon – 6:00 PM

On the Annapolis Waterfront

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Purpose: To have a large, completely peaceful and unarmed gathering of supporters of Maryland “Shall Issue” and 2nd Amendment rights. We will be wearing empty holsters in protest of the current “Discretionary Issue” system that sees Handgun Carry Permits issued only to those politically connected or dealing in extraordinarily large amounts of physical cash, or the occasional person who can meet the high burden of proof needed to receive one for self defense.

How to Participate: The intent is to have a nice day with the family and friends, while wearing in plain sight, an empty holster. You will know others participating in the protest by their open holsters. Join us at the MSI Open Holster Rally Information Booth, located at the Annapolis Waterfront (by the Market House and the City Dock). Stop by, introduce yourself and make new friends.

Basic Safety Rules: All holsters must remain empty at all times. Do not put toy guns, training guns or the like in your holster. We want to emphasize the emptiness of the holsters and our lack of protection. The holster will simply be a fashion accessory, symbolizing our vulnerability to criminals.

Long Term: The plan is to build on each Open Holster Day Rally, gathering more protesters each time, to take the protest to the next “Shall Issue" bill hearing and any bills that concern on our 2nd Amendment Rights.

PLAN TO JOIN US AND BRING YOUR FAMILY!

Attached is a flyer, please print it out and post them at your gun club, gun smith and favorite hangouts. This rally will build on the McDonald ruling, and will be our stepping stone to regaining our 2nd Amendment Rights in Maryland.

It is time to build the momentum for the 2011 Maryland General Assembly session.

-Boxcab

Attachments

• 4th OHR Flyer Rev -.pdf
      38.8 KB · Views: 161

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The last one in Annapolis was really a lot of fun.

And for those of among us who would consider carrying out of state, carrying an empty visible holster is great practice for overcoming what some feel is an uncomfortable situation.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill be there, possibly with the wife and kids.....depends on how the misses feels, shes 6 months pregnant so she might not want to go...

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Booth Location

Hope this map helps...

Attachments

• Annapolis Dock s.bmp
      402.9 KB · Views: 713
    Last edited:

mica

Wallowing in Insanity
    Jun 22, 2010
    AA county
    Have holster will travel....

I don't believe I have anything going on that weekend, will check with my girlfriend
    (a Marylander).

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I'll be there again. It's a short walk for me. Is there a chance donate money for a MSI t-shirt before the rally? XXL was the only size available the last time I attended. I have gained weight but not that much.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Has anyone printed out the flyer yet? Where have you posted them? Let us know so we can hit the places that need them.

-Boxcab

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I posted a flyer for the OHR (open holster rally) on the public bulletin board in the post office on Fort Meade. I plan, unless someone objects and quickly, to contact (mostly email) some local businesses and ask them if they will put a sign up in their shop (pro-gun friendly places, gun shops, bike shops).

We are planning to attend.
    I am planning to file my application on Tuesday. Listing my reason as self defense, personal protection. Two of my "references" are a state level judge and state senator i have known for several years. Wonder if that will help. My background's so squeaky clean it's not even a question.
    Anyway, folks, this is like the civil rights pioneers of the 50s, it takes time and sacrifice to get what is your right, sometimes. RKBA is finally a civil right at state level. I recommend we flood in with our applications, the cost is what it is, and it will get attention.

Great! This is exactly the right kind of attitude (in my humble opinion).

I feel now is the right time to push, push on all fronts. We need people now at this next Open Holster Rally like never before. People should be sending emails and posting on other web forums, news sites, especially YouTube and Facebook!

I applaud your deeds and wish you the best of luck.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Driving in from IL to be there...with wifey. She's excited, this is her first rally of any sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom