• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I've only noticed one person open carrying. I was at the Cracker Barrel in Manassas several years ago. An old timer came in and sat at the next table over with a 1911 in a GI holster. I complimented him on it and he explained he carried it in WWII. Didn't see another person at the packed restaurant even notice it.
    I think it's a shame he put such a personal momento at risk. It could end up in the evidence locker for quite a while and be in a deteriorated condition when, or even if, he got it back. I choose to carry something I would not mind ever seeing again. I know, carrying his faithful companion that saw him through tough times may be a comfort, but possibly losing irreplaceable memories is another.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    When I resided in Prescott AZ, I saw open carry every day. They had to hand it to the bar tender before getting a drink, but it was handed back as they left the establishment . It was a great feeling to be surrounded by people who understood self-reliance.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I think it's a shame he put such a personal momento at risk. It could end up in the evidence locker for quite a while and be in a deteriorated condition when, or even if, he got it back. I choose to carry something I would not mind ever seeing again. I know, carrying his faithful companion that saw him through tough times may be a comfort, but possibly losing irreplaceable memories is another.

My buddy Dennis told me the other day when we were talking about this very same thing,
    I was shot and bayoneted the same day in Vietnam.
    That’s why I bought this Hell cat pistol because I’m too old now to fight but if someone wants to take it that’s just what they’re going to have to do.
    Theirs prolly some out there that would perceive him as a threat and start strategizing how they would take him out if necessary.
    Like if they saw him at a gas station or over to the hardware store or something.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Any thoughts of a belly band such as Galco 2.0 https://www.galcogunleather.com/underwraps-belly-band-2-0_8_393_1518.html fits Hi Power (exposed bit of muzzle) or Crossbreed supertuck (doesn't fit)
    or a whole boatload of kydex.

I have one and never really liked it. I found it was never stable enough to be guaranteed it wouldn't move when drawing unless it was tightened so much that it was too tight.

It was very comfortable.

The only thing I have found that stays in place 100% of the time is a good quality belt with a nice snug to it.

YMMV

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I feel the same way about the oc rules as I do about motorcycle helmet laws. I would never ride a motorcycle without a helmet but I hate the fact it is mandated. I would most likely never oc but again I resent the fact it is outlawed.

My attitude exactly. I'll support our 2A right to open carry, but I will not practice it myself. Regardless of what studies say about being more likely to be targeted for oc'ing vs. not, the fact is, I prefer to be discrete about my gun ownership. It's the same reason I'll never put an NRA or GOA bumper sticker on my car. Even my neighbors (with whom my wife and I are friends) don't know how many guns I have in our condo.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    In public the possibility is flat out zero that I would open carry. In the great outdoors is a different story.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My attitude exactly. I'll support our 2A right to open carry, but I will not practice it myself. Regardless of what studies say about being more likely to be targeted for oc'ing vs. not, the fact is, I prefer to be discrete about my gun ownership. It's the same reason I'll never put an NRA or GOA bumper sticker on my car. Even my neighbors (with whom my wife and I are friends) don't know how many guns I have in our condo.
    What studies? Please post a link.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I feel the same way about the oc rules as I do about motorcycle helmet laws. I would never ride a motorcycle without a helmet but I hate the fact it is mandated. I would most likely never oc but again I resent the fact it is outlawed.
    This is the way.

I add to that smoking bans in at least bars. I think smoking is one of the stupidest things anyone could do, but it shouldn't be banned from bars/pubs. If folks don't like the smell, they can go eat/drink somewhere else. It should be up to the person whose money is on the line with the business to make the decision. Let the market decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom