• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    You will get arrested. But I applaud your bravery. The proof is a memo from AG Gansler stating why we don't need CHPs, because open carry of long rifles is legal. I don't think anyone's tested it yet.

If arrested and found guilty, you could lose your right to firearms forever dude. I'd consult with the legal folks here before you do anything like this.

I repeat, YOU WILL GET ARRESTED. And possibly waterboarded by Brian Frosh.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You will get arrested. But I applaud your bravery. The proof is a memo from AG Gansler stating why we don't need CHPs, because open carry of long rifles is legal. I don't think anyone's tested it yet.

If arrested and found guilty, you could lose your right to firearms forever dude. I'd consult with the legal folks here before you do anything like this.

Have you ever heard of officer discretion?

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Don't do it. Please. I get why you want to and applaud your desire. HOWEVER this is the same shit that people did in California and it only made it worse and got the laws tightened. I don't care if you think it is our right or not, don't do something that is going to piss off the antis into bussing hobos to Annapolis in suits to make sure this AWB happens.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County

Technically, there is NO law against it.

You'll probabaly get held at gun point, and brought in, but you'll get released and charges dropped.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Technically, there is NO law against it.

You'll probabaly get held at gun point, and brought in, but you'll get released and charges dropped.

I would worry about O'Malley making it a personal vendetta to see you behind bars. He is trying to outdo the other fascists in his quest for Presidency. And he'd have his MSP lackeys and a lot of back to do so.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    He answers the question in #3 in the prohibitions seciton. You cannot carry within 1000ft of a public demonstration. Many of us were going to openly carry during the demonstrations on 2/23 around the state.

My AR and my 3 piece suit although rather nice probably wouldnt go together well walking down the sidewalk in Bethesda or Columbia. Im brazen but not dumb.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The fight we have now is enough without making us look bad on top of that. Please, if you care about the cause at all, do not give the other side this opportunity.

This. I cannot stress enough how important public perception is in this fight. Even though it is a Right, we still need people on our side. Open carrying a rifle is detrimental to our cause. It will make us all look a little nutty. Just like the February 6 rally, we need to be professional, calm, and respectful. The letter of the law is on our side, let's win this case simply on it's merits, and not on gimmicks.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    This. I cannot stress enough how important public perception is in this fight. Even though it is a Right, we still need people on our side. Open carrying a rifle is detrimental to our cause. It will make us all look a little nutty. Just like the February 6 rally, we need to be professional, calm, and respectful. The letter of the law is on our side, let's win this case simply on it's merits, and not on gimmicks.

perception is reality without a doubt in this fight.

But honestly money will win this battle. Money and an organized unified approach by all parties involved. Nothing less than that. We pay 12 grand a month to lobbyists in DC to fight land use issues to fight against illegal land grabs of BLM land in the Southwest US. You think fighting AG Gansler and Omalley is tough try fighting the US govt and the Marines.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Money did not defeat O'Malley's gas tax in 2012 ... public outcry did

Stand up and be counted by testifying at the hearings ... contact your reps

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I too have thought of this protest. I am sure that there would be several police officer stops and questions. I would contact the local PD before doing anything like this in a personal protest to make sure there is no law against it or at least contact a lawyer. I do however agree this would be bad for the cause. If we were just protesting the no CCW, possibly this might be a good tactic but unfortunately there are bigger fish to fry at the moment and that is being able to keep our guns period.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I've got mixed feelings on these protests. On one hand, you have video of protests in other states where they are allowed to carry and its all peaceful. On the other hand in this state you'll have people that call in people obviously hunting legally just because they have a gun.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    ... contact your reps

HR4310 and the 243 Amendment was just passed into national law by Obumer to curb land grabs by our government. It stemmed from a unified national approach of an OHV lobby day in which I was able to get the ear of Bartlett for a half hour and we got the ball rolling. Its just happed a lot of pieces fell in place but it was all due to a unified approach to contacting our reps nationally.

Is there a state wide day set aside for lobby efforts to contact our reps and sit down with them?

Has anyone seen the email Turner in HoCo put out about figuring out a way to gather up all of the guns?

I know I am personally in debt to one Delegates staff for a steak dinner right now for listening to my side on the 218 bill. Whatever it takes.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yes. I don't think carrying an AR or even a 10/22 at a political rally in Maryland is going to give the officer any thoughts of discretion though.

Where did he say he's gonna do it at a rally? I honestly must have missed it. But Police are not robots. There are far more positive encounters with gun owners than youll ever know. They just arent as "fun" for youtube. I suggest you go on a ride along to learn some stuff about police work before bolding statements about exactly what will happen in a highly debatable hypothetical situation.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    It's a shame we have arrived at a place where the act of exercising a God given right is detrimental to that very right, be it by socially engineered oppression, supported by unlawful law enforcement persecution of the exercise and paid for by our very own tax dollars.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Speedos are legal to wear in public...in the winter...in the rain........which may not be responsible speedo ownership.

Please don't do a disservice to the pro 2A community by bringing uwanted attention to yourself. Part of the message is to demonstrate responsible gun ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom