• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    The link to this news article was posted in another thread and the were reporting those large number of app and actually presented the release after 7 days truthfully not a bad article overall. With that said I saw a line that jumped out at me. There were doing 35 apps a day? How long does it take to do an app? and how many people are actually doing apps to only process 35 a day with people working 21 hours a day?

Thanks
    Robert

Article Link: http://foxbaltimore.com/news/featur...rchase-guns-md-20327.shtml#.Ub06pCdKl_c.email

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    35 apps per day, per Trooper, sounds like what it SHOULD be.
    Especially since it's not 1980. They are using computers I presume.
    My bet is that it's the 35 apps per day TOTAL number...ever been to the MVA????
    They have NO vested interest in getting these apps done quicker, and are probably being led to do otherwise.
    On the contrary, think about it.
    If these folks are getting paid OT to process these (accordiing to MSP), it's actually more beneficial to THEM to drag their feet. A lot of these folks are probably not allowed OT otherwise.
    If that's the case there are many that probably want to keep the gravy train rolling as long as possible. With no accountability for numbers and processing times, what choice do you think a person getting OT is going to make????
    It's kind of like the 4 acre park and ride at the end on my street that took almost a year, 50 guys full time and 10 pieces of heavy equipment to build.
    It's a damn parking lot with lights that was built in a field, THAT WAS ALREADY CLEARED and almost level.
    They built an entire HIGH SCHOOL in the same time frame, the next county over.
    Tell them the top 10 folks that process the highest number of apps will get OT the following week, and only those people.
    I bet the number processed would increase exponentially.

It took 50 guys a year because 10 were upper management (drinking Starbucks coffee), 25 were middle management (drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee), 10 were foremen (drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee), 4 were supervisors (drinking Sheetz coffee), and 1 guys was the laborer (not drinking any coffee) doing all the work! That is the state for you in a nutshell.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    35 apps per day, per Trooper, sounds like what it SHOULD be.
    Especially since it's not 1980. They are using computers I presume.
    My bet is that it's the 35 apps per day TOTAL number...ever been to the MVA????
    They have NO vested interest in getting these apps done quicker, and are probably being led to do otherwise.
    On the contrary, think about it.
    If these folks are getting paid OT to process these (accordiing to MSP), it's actually more beneficial to THEM to drag their feet. A lot of these folks are probably not allowed OT otherwise.
    If that's the case there are many that probably want to keep the gravy train rolling as long as possible. With no accountability for numbers and processing times, what choice do you think a person getting OT is going to make????
    It's kind of like the 4 acre park and ride at the end on my street that took almost a year, 50 guys full time and 10 pieces of heavy equipment to build.
    It's a damn parking lot with lights that was built in a field, THAT WAS ALREADY CLEARED and almost level.
    They built an entire HIGH SCHOOL in the same time frame, the next county over.
    Tell them the top 10 folks that process the highest number of apps will get OT the following week, and only those people.
    I bet the number processed would increase exponentially.

LOL, first, howdy neighbor!

Secondly, the Park and Ride was built by a private contractor, (Reliable) NOT the State.

If it was built by the State (Ala current MSP fiasco), they'd STILL be setting stakes.

Problem is, State contracts, (specs,bidding, award,etc) are ridiculously complicated, ie EXPENSIVE, with unbeliveable hoops to jump thru and conditions to meet, ALL leading to even more inefficiency, longer delays, and higher costs!

Sound familiar?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    A bureaucracy is just that. It is purpose built to slow things down.

When I've bought in other places with "checks" I'm pretty sure they call into someone tilting at a terminal with access to NCIC. Once they're on the phone (gun show volume) , it's a 10 minute gig. Max.

Rules, regulations, process, checks,,more checks, oversight, quality assurance, internal controls, etc.

Don't blame the guys n gals working. Blame management who dictates most of it.

My guess is they could reasonably do about 5/hr for 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. Fowtay a day. Two hundred per week for fowtay hour week...no OT.

ONCE AGAIN, WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE DON'T KNOW. WHAT I FIGURE I DO KNOW IS WHATEVER THEY'RE TELLING US IS SPUN, TWISTED, FOLDED, BENT, SPINDLED AND MUTILATED TO THE POINT WHERE IT IS ANYTHING BUT TRUE. CAN'T TRUST THEM AND THEY DON'T CARE. ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY. SO GOES PRoMD, SO GOES OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

VTBO

Mr H

Banana'd
    MSP is on record as having 14 Troopers with a primary assignment of working 77Rs, with anywhere from 4-14 others working them on a part-time basis.

Note, I make no mention of how many they are tasked with clearing.

This is a purposeful slowdown, IMO... We just need a way to prove it.

No way we should have to look at 1000 days to receive a regulated firearm (which would be what we're looking at with 35 per day).

Something stinks... and you know what they say......... A fish rots from the head down.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    anyone know the names of anyone working desks in the licensing division?

we could out together a list and count their daily facebook posts and tweets. no way that crap isnt off the charts.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Don't worry, at a town hall Frosh said they were going to fix this.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    The article says they have 26,000 apps still to process (in the backlog, I am assuming?).

26,000 apps still sitting there divided by 35 apps/day = 742 days (jus over 2 years) for the all of them do be done.

Yet, they say they have had 57,000 apps since Jan 1 with 26,000 left which means they have processed 31,000 apps since the beginning of the year. 31,000 divided (about)165 days so far this year = 188 apps per day.

Something does not add up here.

I think it must be 35 apps per day/ per trooper(or processor) with an average of 5.3 people working per day on the apps. With that kind of output, it puts the current backlog of 26,000 apps left at 138 days for the most recent ones.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The article says they have 26,000 apps still to process (in the backlog, I am assuming?).

26,000 apps still sitting there divided by 35 apps/day = 742 days (jus over 2 years) for the all of them do be done.

Yet, they say they have had 57,000 apps since Jan 1 with 26,000 left which means they have processed 31,000 apps since the beginning of the year. 31,000 divided (about)165 days so far this year = 188 apps per day.

I think it must be 35 apps per day/ per trooper(or processor) with an average of 5.3 people working per day on the apps. With that kind of output, it puts the current backlog of 26,000 apps left at 138 days for the most recent ones.

It's not supposed to make sense, because they don't want anyone to know the realities of it.

We should believe no numbers that come out related to this, save one....

Eight.

Until MSP gets word out that FFLs are not going to be held responsible provided that the FFL:

Follows all paperwork processes
    Has a reasonable assurance that the buyer will not be disapproved
    Sets any criteria they are comfortable with

At that point, the onus is on MSP to perform the needed checks, obtain NICS, and follow up as needed.

This should not be this difficult. Of course, Chairman Martinet O'MAOlley has a different view.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Your not looking at this the right way.

26,000 applications processed prior to 10-1 = Zero $

26,000 applications processed after 10-1 X $50.00 for HQL = $1,300,000.00 in the Pirate Chest.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    It's not supposed to make sense, because they don't want anyone to know the realities of it.

We should believe no numbers that come out related to this, save one....

Eight.

Until MSP gets word out that FFLs are not going to be held responsible provided that the FFL:

Follows all paperwork processes
    Has a reasonable assurance that the buyer will not be disapproved
    Sets any criteria they are comfortable with

At that point, the onus is on MSP to perform the needed checks, obtain NICS, and follow up as needed.

This should not be this difficult. Of course, Chairman Martinet O'MAOlley has a different view.

I'm sorry, I meant the notion that the whole MSP is only doing 35 apps per day does not make sense, I am submitting that they mean each person is putting out about 35 per day.

Of course, this means they arelying when they say they have 14 full time troopers on it and however many part timers on it. Looks like they probably have about 5 people working on this on any given day.

Which means, if this is true, tehy simply need to add another 5 people per day to be inside a 8 days window for the volume they currently have. I have to believe they find 8 employees in the whole of MSP they pull off of some other less important tasks temporarily in order to make this go away.

Obviously, this is proof that it is intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom