• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Shia Labeouf says "just do it!" Imagine if that half a second it takes to make your gun condition one is the half second you don't have. If you are going to carry, carry in condition one. Cocked locked and ready to rock! It might save your life.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    1 in the chamber safety off when not driving, when driving the safety is on, due to my carry angle the seatbelt buckle lines up almost perfect with safety lever, one day hit a bad pothole and when I got home the gun was switched to safe. So the routine is the gun is on safe in the car, I know, i know but what if I need to use it. My hope is I would rather have the conscious memory of putting it on safe in the back of my head than expecting it to be ready and actually be on safe because of crappy MD roads. Hopefully as my shoulder mobility returns I can dial out the aggressive cant on the holster which should alleviate the seat belt issue.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I always wait to put my seat belt on when I see a crash coming

And I keep a can of air next to my spare tire. You know just in case

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Answer never is going to change, semi automatics are meant to be carried chambered. The best you can hope for is enough time to draw and fire if truly needed, there’s no time in reality to do other things.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Here is why you always have one in the chamber.

Also watch the perp closely he is carrying his firearm in his back pocket on his support side. So he retrieved the firearm with his left hand, and then transferred it to his right hand before he attempted to fire. That mistake and the intended victim’s awareness probably cost him his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owldo

Ultimate Member
    "Israeli carry" is a thing, google it.

It will cost you an extra second racking this slide.

My advice is rather than is israeli carry, just get a decent 7 shot revolver. Or you can find a model that has a decocker.

my advice as always, you do you. Israeli carry is better than no carry. People do it.
    Most excellent De-Cocker

Attachments

• pix106539519.jpg
      pix106539519.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 58

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Here is why you always have one in the chamber.

Also watch the perp closely he is carrying his firearm in his back pocket on his support side. So he retrieved the firearm with his left hand, and then transferred it to his right hand before he attempted to fire. That mistake and the intended victim’s awareness probably cost him his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compelling example.

An article about it was linked in the comments. Not a lot more info other than date and location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom