• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    My guess would be that they are releasing to known customers who have a proven track record of being "Not Disapproved."

If this turns out to be true, they may be calling all the oldest ones first and working to the present. Imagine the c chaos if they just said come and get them. I hope this is the case.

mongoose76

May 24, 2012
    Now you understand why it would be quite detrimental to just announce something of this caliber...pun. We have started at the ones who've been waiting the longest and slowly progressing. We just ask that you be patient as we are trying our best to accommodate everyone

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Now you understand why it would be quite detrimental to just announce something of this caliber...pun. We have started at the ones who've been waiting the longest and slowly progressing. We just ask that you be patient as we are trying our best to accommodate everyone

Sure, but like it was said "if this turns out to be true". Lets get verification before getting to excited. Id think they would give a copy of this letter to the buyer. Maybe a pic of the paper? Blur names or any private info.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Sure, but like it was said "if this turns out to be true". Lets get verification before getting to excited. Id think they would give a copy of this letter to the buyer. Maybe a pic of the paper? Blur names or any private info.

I think he just gave you your verification...

As a manager at On Target, I just wanna thank you all for a truly entertaining thread.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

Dang I though 1 FFL was going to do this but I never though that one would be OnTarget. I guess I am getting my Bushmaster and FN FNS-9 a little sooner then I though. To bad my Glock 19 is at another FFL. I wonder if any other FFL is going to take the plunge once it is public that OnTarget is doing this.

Thanks
    Robert

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    So it seems like the OP was correct. I know two people that received calls from OT telling them they can pick up as long as they sign a form stating if they are disaprroved they will return the firearm.

Actually the form says if you get "disapproved" YOU get to deal with the state PoPo...

And you do not get to return the firearm to OT, its your problem have a nice day.

All Sales are final... Buyer is responsible. I love being a responsible adult.

I totally agree with the letter from OT, as I know I won't be disapproved I have no problem signing off on the letter. I am also a very long time customer of OT and am glad to get my firearm so I can start in on the next one that will be impacted by the Oct 1 deadline.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    This makes me wanna transfer my transfer(s)

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that handle transfers. I am not 100% sure. Can someone confirm? I did go in there today and was able to pick up two of my purchases from 3/27 without a ND. It was a great feeling. They seemed happy to be releasing guns.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that handle transfers. I am not 100% sure. Can someone confirm? I did go in there today and was able to pick up two of my purchases from 3/27 without a ND. It was a great feeling. They seemed happy to be releasing guns.

Yea they will be quite happy to get the guns out :) frees up storage space !

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    So it seems like the OP was correct. I know two people that received calls from OT telling them they can pick up as long as they sign a form stating if they are disaprroved they will return the firearm.

I thought one of Maryland's finest would come to retrieve the gun is a disapproved happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom