• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    From Delegate Smigiel, by way of Freestate:

This is notice from Delegate Smigiel, a friend to gun owners. Come to the rally. It is important to keep the pressure on the delegates and to not give kup the fight!

Thanks go out to the thousands of Patriots who showed up in Annapolis on Friday and stayed into Saturday for the professional courteous way you conducted yourselves. As many of you acknowledged the system which was developed by the Second Amendment advocacy groups, the House of Delegates, Speaker’s office, the Chairman of the HGO and Judiciary, the State Police, myself and others worked extremely well and was universally judged a success by all involved. The manner in which our witnesses conducted themselves was honorable. You were knowledgeable, forceful yet respectful and like the waves upon the shore never ending and hopefully eroded some of the opposition.

Now for the ugly, hard truth, this fight is far from over. The slightest let up in our onslaught of righteous indignation over this attempt by our elected officials to over step the restrictions placed upon them by the Constitution of the United States will be seen by those leading this effort at infringement as a sign of weakness or loss of momentum on our part.

We need to increase, not decrease our turn out numbers on Tuesday, March 5, 11:00 to 1:00 on Lawyer’s Mall for our 2nd, Pro 2nd Amendment Rally. You need to bring a friend, You need to send someone in your place if you cannot be here, but we can only win if they see we are not going away! That we will not go quietly into that dark night and let them steal from us what is our God given right!

Please come for the rally, stay for hearings if you can and testify on the other bills dealing with the Second Amendment. While waiting to testify you can go through the building find those elected officials who are from your district and get a commitment from them, Red or Green. At the end of the day in Annapolis it is Red or Green.

After you have seen or spoken to your elected officials go see others and tell them while you are not my elected official your vote affects me and while I cannot vote for or against you, I can find out who your opponent is and make sure they are fully funded to defeat you in the next election. Remember the former Speaker of the House of Delegates, Cass Taylor, who was defeated on the 2nd Amendment issue.

There have been over half a million e-mails sent out since Session began and there is no letting up on the e-mails or phone calls. We cannot let up with our physical presence.

Individually, they really might not care what we have to say, collectively they cannot ignore what we have to say. I implore you, if you care about stopping this attempted infringement and want to say the day after Session ends you were in the fight and did all you could, then please stay with us till the end!

Please pass this on to all who you know, post this plea for help on any site you belong to and help defeat this unconstitutional over reach by those whom we elected to protect not infringe upon those rights most sacred.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Is there testimony still being heard on the 5th? I keep reading that its been moved to the 6th, but nobody seems to know if it was all of it or just part of it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Is it standard practice to split hearings and testimony up so much, or is this an effort to get our numbers to thin out?

Also, I'm taking a day off for this - I had planned on doing this tomorrow, and I can only take one day, so should I shift that day to Wednesday, or should I come out tomorrow like I had originally planned?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is the only information I've seen about this week, so we'll start here:

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative/temporary/GUN_BILL_DAYS-HEARING_INFO.pdf

I wonder whether anyone -- expert or not -- has drilled down into and challenged the Johns Hopkins/Bloomberg sponsored study that Frosh seems to cite in response to questioning or challenges to his position. Besides the validity of the study itself, is Frosh's reliance on it for so many of his arguments justified?

If it was a study about oil well fracking and it was paid for by the oil industry, Frosh would be the first to discredit it. Same situation here, with JH/Bloomberg sponsoring this one.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Patrick from MSI recommended if you can only do one day, then to come Tuesday because that is the day the rally is scheduled & they have permits for.

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I found the Hopkins study to be mostly propoganda about why we need a bunch of severe "gun control" measures, with some general or vague references and a few charts from other stuff. It really isn't a study, rather it's a bunch of papers presented at the conference in December. The papers/speeches are easy to throw out and get media attention but drilling through the actual study data is hard and takes lots of time. That's why it is such an effective tactic. The antis get the news coverage with a sky-is-falling speech, then it takes the good guys a lot of time and effort to sort out the mistakes and just plain lies, and by then most people have lost interest.

I spent the most time looking at the chapter about the Missouri crime rate going up after they stopped the license requirement. I found lots of conclusions but not much actual data to support them and specifically how they isolated the cause. I think it's most likely a correlation (like storks and babies) and not anything definitive on actual cause and effect.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Already had tomorrow booked for PTO, just got approved for Wednesday. I will be there, prepared to wait them out again. I am hoping to get some written testimony in place this evening, if I get some of the pending work tasks completed.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I found the Hopkins study to be mostly propoganda about why we need a bunch of severe "gun control" measures, with some general or vague references and a few charts from other stuff. It really isn't a study, rather it's a bunch of papers presented at the conference in December. The papers/speeches are easy to throw out and get media attention but drilling through the actual study data is hard and takes lots of time. That's why it is such an effective tactic. The antis get the news coverage with a sky-is-falling speech, then it takes the good guys a lot of time and effort to sort out the mistakes and just plain lies, and by then most people have lost interest.

I spent the most time looking at the chapter about the Missouri crime rate going up after they stopped the license requirement. I found lots of conclusions but not much actual data to support them and specifically how they isolated the cause. I think it's most likely a correlation (like storks and babies) and not anything definitive on actual cause and effect.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, although I hadn't focused on the study and don't know whether I'll have time to tonight. At first glance, though, didn't Missouri's repeal go much farther, removing not just licensing, but also what Maryland already has in place?

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Great! 773 was the worst of the lot. Anybody have an idea how fast the lots filled up last time? It's gonna be a long day so I'd like to sleep in as much as I can.

sigdad

Jan 5, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Is this still in front of the two combined committees and therefore we still need 70 copies? And is the time limit still one minute or up to three as normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom