• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Nice fish for the Potomac, I've caught a 26.5 lb. one in the New River and a 16 lb. one in the Potomac below Sharpsburg.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Well I picked up some work as a mate on a buddies charter boat. We've been the top boat, down in Chesapeake beach, but that's not saying much. Been a very up and down year, and the weather has sucked.

Opening day we got a nice 41" on our boat, then the Sunday after on the charter boat we got a 6 man limit. Today was only the second time we've gotten out on our boat, and we got a really nice 45".

Started seeing this

Then a rod went off.

I was pretty excited, it was the first fish my old man has gotten to reel in this year. He was very happy.

Finally got a pretty day with all this crap weather we've had. Back to chartering this weekend and it's gonna be as windy as can be.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Needwood 5/8, 5/9

Slow slow bite, surprised I got them. Missed the limit each day by one.
    What would have been #5 yesterday if hooked, was a monster hit.

oHCrzON.jpg

gvqvg3Y.jpg

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    IMG_0891.jpg

Good day today on schoolies out of Chesapeake Beach. Steady action from the time the lines went in to when we wrapped up.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    RussD
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Was that action above the dam? I live 5-10 minutes from there, but never fished it.

Nice work!

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    image.jpg

These guys had a busy morning today.
    After dropping them off, I ran the boat up to the Hard Yacht Cafe for the summer season.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Heading out tomorrow to do some chumming. Been doing okay up north since the trophy season ended, that was kinda slow, but we did boat a nice 26" and 36" and released a handful of smalls last weekend on meat.. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0061 small.jpg
      IMG_0061 small.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 289

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Well I picked up some work as a mate on a buddies charter boat. We've been the top boat, down in Chesapeake beach, but that's not saying much. Been a very up and down year, and the weather has sucked.

Opening day we got a nice 41" on our boat, then the Sunday after on the charter boat we got a 6 man limit. Today was only the second time we've gotten out on our boat, and we got a really nice 45".

Started seeing this

Then a rod went off.

I was pretty excited, it was the first fish my old man has gotten to reel in this year. He was very happy.

Finally got a pretty day with all this crap weather we've had. Back to chartering this weekend and it's gonna be as windy as can be.

Thats a nice fish, but just so you know, when measuring with a soft tape on top like that you added a couple inches or so on a fish that size. Only way for accurate measurement is with a measuring devise underneath the fish with the nose up against a stop and thats were the measuring device starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom