• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Went out on MDS member ChrisD's boat last Wednesday. https://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=21875
    Took son in law and 2 grandsons.
    Since the storms last weekend no one was sure where the fish were so we headed South from Chesapeake Beach to Calvert Cliffs Power Plant.
    Took awhile to find some and for them to start biting but it was worth it :D

Thanks for going Tom, i was thinking about posting, but figured you should have the honors! Here's a shot from the following day:
    image.jpg

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Nice fish Tom. I was out on Saturday and there weren't fish anywhere in the area. Talked to 10 different charter captains and they had 3 fish between them all. Glad to hear it was better down south.

This has been a tough trophy season for sure.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Last weekend I caught a 12" bass and a blue gill down in Va. This past weekend I caught 15 white perch in about an hour and half. 5 doubles and 5 singles.

Those white perch were from the edge of the sandbar:D I grew up on the street in the background. My mother and brother have houses on that cove. Did a lot of fishing, "and other things" on that point in my younger days.:party29:

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Those white perch were from the edge of the sandbar:D I grew up on the street in the background. My mother and brother have houses on that cove. Did a lot of fishing, "and other things" on that point in my younger days.:party29:

Back in Bullneck creek across from merritt point park or the sand bar where bullneck meets bear creek?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Back in Bullneck creek across from merritt point park or the sand bar where bullneck meets bear creek?

That picture is off the sandbar across from Merritt Park. I grew up on Fairgreen Rd. My mother still lives there, and my brother lives on Bullneck Rd. The house with several sailboats at the pier on the cove that runs between Fairgreen and Bullneck Rd.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    I fished often when I lived out in western Maryland but since moving to Harford county some years ago, I kind of gave it up. I want to get back into it and have been doing some scouting this spring but it is becoming apparent that if you don't have a boat, its a tough proposition. Anyone can shed some light on fishing in the Harford county area if you don't have a boat?

Maybe I should just look into getting a boat.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Plenty of places to fish along the river from the dam right down to havre de grace. When they're running less water, you can wade almost all the way across. Just walk along the bank and talk to guys. The lower Susky is world class fishing! Dam flow hotline is 888-457-4076

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    Plenty of places to fish along the river from the dam right down to havre de grace. When they're running less water, you can wade almost all the way across. Just walk along the bank and talk to guys. The lower Susky is world class fishing! Dam flow hotline is 888-457-4076

You just need a licence and tidal stamp for that right?

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Below the dam is tidal. If you fish any of the feeder creeks, you'll need a freshwater license. And some, like deer creek, you'll need a trout stamp for. Shad and white perch are all over the river right now.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I happened over to Lake Waterford in Pasadena today, just to take a peek.

It's looking as bad as ever. I don't think I'd even want to do catch & release there without rubber gloves and a tyvek suit.

All along the shore was this...

Attachments

• WP_20170508_13_51_21_Pro[1].jpg
      WP_20170508_13_51_21_Pro[1].jpg
      111 KB · Views: 401

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Took the boys out on Triadelphia Reservoir yesterday and #1 son hooked up his first tiger musky.

Attachments

• IMG_8797.jpg
      IMG_8797.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 414

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Damn! One fish I have never caught and would love to.. and I fish in Canada every summer (but no muskies where we fish)..

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That doesn't look like a tiger. It would be a shame if they(and it looks like they did) kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom