• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For amusement value I tried this last evening, drawing left handed. It went poorly. Appendix carry cross draw was smoother but damn that's an uncomfortable way to carry.
    Sweeping cross draw, especially off hand is terrible.

My point was most meant for getting it out of the holster and at least get a bent elbow (retention) shot off.
    Going to retention from a cross draw is not very feasible.

The whole point is to not try and make everyone good doing it, but to show your vulnerabilities and to adjust yourself accordingly.
    Better to think of it now than at the last minute.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    View attachment 393338
    Yup. It's a pretty solid holster. It needs a wedge or claw to pull the handle in though. It conceals for me better if I wear it on my right side with the clip outside of my front belt loop. If it's more centered, the handle sticks out at the baseplate. It also has some side to side teeter tottering to it, as that one clip is pretty narrow. You can get it to ride pretty low though, which I like, and it plays well with optics.

It's fast on and fast off, while still staying secure. Unlike the mission first minimalist holster, I've never yanked up on the gun and had the holster come with it. With that other one, you've got to be very careful putting it on to get the clip to engage with your belt.

I've moved on to the bravo concealment torsion. It's more comfortable, stable, and conceals better. It's also about 35-40 bucks. They make wrong-handed torsion, but only for g19s.

I had high hopes for the Bravo Torsion, but I found the Slim Tuk conceals better for me. (M&P 9c)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I had high hopes for the Bravo Torsion, but I found the Slim Tuk conceals better for me. (M&P 9c)
    Cool. I could see that the slim tuk would be great for the short handled doublestacks that don't need it pulled in as tight. For my m&p9c, I've got a cheap concealment express that does great.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Cross draw was originally popularized by cavalry who would have to draw from horseback and also might have to draw when strong hand was on sword. The twist draw with the weak hand can involve some rotation while the SAA revolver was coming out of the holster...dunno how to that would play with a semi in kydex.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Twist Draw also means = Twist your hand so that palm is facing out , and knuckles face body .

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I know it is not the purpose of this thread, but just for gits and shiggles, I tried reaching behind my back with my support hand to draw from my 4:00 IWB. Ain't no way. :o. I mean, I could physically do it...eventually, and so far without shooting myself in the ass...but it was not at all viable, least of all in a stressful situation. It started out calm and became its own stressful situation in itself.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Here's a video of a cop getting shot in the right hand, and staying in the fight, still trying to shoot with his injured hand.

His weapon keeps malfunctioning because he's limp writing, so he racks the Slide repeatedly with his uninjured left hand, and succeeds in taking out the bad guys.

I wonder if he did a little weak hand practice afterwards?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because of deliberate or unconscious focus on the weapon , a disproportionate % of bullet hits take place on the gun hand/ gun arm .

Don't have the stats in front of me , but the over reprenstation is on the order of 50%

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Because of deliberate or unconscious focus on the weapon , a disproportionate % of bullet hits take place on the gun hand/ gun arm .

Don't have the stats in front of me , but the over reprenstation is on the order of 50%
    No stats needed.
    When you are sitting and shoot at someone standing, you are pointing pretty much at their waist.

When you both are standing shooting at each other, your hands are out front center mass and usually get hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom