• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Done lots of drinking at that bar through the years. I think Castles and The Carousel are the only two drinking on the beach permit holders, unless more were added.
    If you count the beach at Seacrets, it's 3, but that's not public. Last year there were a few dimes at Coconuts.

Apr 4, 2023
    Savage MD
    Ocean City has gone down hill. I don’t think we are going to go any more just from all the trash there. Last time I was there some woman tried to give me a hard time about surf fishing in the evening

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ocean City has gone down hill. I don’t think we are going to go any more just from all the trash there. Last time I was there some woman tried to give me a hard time about surf fishing in the evening
    I've come close to blows with surfers over that. It just ain't worth it anymore.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OC is like a county fair, you will see all kinds of folks there. I have been in traffic court in Worcester county and heard the Judge talk, its a Red County.
    I quit going to those a long time ago.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    "Ocean City is the shittiest, most crime ridden, down trodden place to visit. It's terrible. Hey, anyone know what the carry law is there?"

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    stay north of the route 90 bridge and its fine
    West OC is nice also. We go all over but we only go to the boardwalk early and late season for the kids to go on some of the rides. When it gets too crowded with western shore bums it makes it miserable. The uptick in the Amish visitors has had it's issues as well. After dark the boardwalk is a no go if you have kids. If only we could go back to the 1990s. They used to hire police recruits to patrol the boardwalk and they arrested a lot of people for drinking etc. Now if you engage a yute you are looking at a lawsuit since they will incite the police to the point of violence. If someone harassed me while I was trying to work like the clowns I see down there I'd get violent too.

If I was from AACo and wanted to go on vacation would I go to OC for a week? No. My mom used to take us for a week every summer when I was 10-14 it was a kinder gentler place back then in the early 90s.

If you don't like OC don't go, I have family there on both sides and we have to go. We mostly go to Assateague either state or federal sides for the beach.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Offseason can be much better, we were in town 2 weeks ago. I'll be curious and drive through lower OC after dark a few this year in the summer to see how it might have changed. With the Mayor and PD ousting the H2O Late Sept. crowd, I am wondering if their efforts to make the place safer will continue. I do too much boating/fishing early in the morning to want to stay there late at night anymore but last year did not fret about going after dark as a family group. About the only thing I saw last year was a Batman guy dressed up to take $ for pictures (like in NY). My daughter thinks he may be a perve. She has a good sense of these things so the times we went, we watched him. Nothing to report but just he's on the edge sometimes talking to young girls I feel. Some people don't like this sort of carnival atmosphere but I think its entertaining. Plenty of places to eat that are nice. We are in Ocean Pines so where we sleep, we are far away from any chaos of OC. If anyone who is a regular member of MDS is vacationing out there during the summer, give me a PM. You never know if I'm out there and available, and I like to give boat rides to people I know.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    If you can get the crime and violence under control remove the open drug use the dui the town actually try and keep the trash off the ground, oc would be a nice place again it does have nice places to stay great food

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What gave me away? The girl lifeguard comment? :bannana:

*****The Walrus comment. The lifeguards in DE don't have teeth that stick out that much!

walrus.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom