Obozo Announcing his New Executives Orders for Gun Control - With Trusts Targetted

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Thank you for actually answering his questions, while not going off on some massive irrational rant that doesn't remotely answer anything. (See page one)

These were my questions as well. I know very little about the trust process and was wondering the same as Robert.:party29:

From the article this will just end up ruining C&R in general but parts kits (AK47s) will be fine. I didn't read the EO just the OP, time to get reading.

If I read it correctly, it'll only hurt C&R of American made weapons. It doesn't hurt imports of foreign made weapons. (Not that those don't have their own hoops to go through).

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    If I read it correctly, it'll only hurt C&R of American made weapons. It doesn't hurt imports of foreign made weapons. (Not that those don't have their own hoops to go through).

That's how I read it too. The only people really affected are the collectors of WWII-era rifles and pistols being imported into the US... I wonder when was the last drive by perpetrated with an M1 Garand or a Schmidt-Rubin 1911.... :sad20:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    That's how I read it too. The only people really affected are the collectors of WWII-era rifles and pistols being imported into the US... I wonder when was the last drive by perpetrated with an M1 Garand or a Schmidt-Rubin 1911.... :sad20:

Its even narrower than that.....it bans the RE-importation of US made military firearms

Doesn't apply to anything but US made

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    What exactly is the purpose of this action again? A photo op with gabby giffords?

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Guess he needed a distraction from Syria.

Yeah and a few other topics. Seems like disarmament is an agenda which to me means they already pissed away out future and know someday soon other countries will want what we borrowed back.. Geez this guy needs to worry about they debt limit and why the treasury won't raise the number we owe since mid may. How do you defend a country if you can't pay troops come October...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

You are correct it does say REimport in the articles

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    On what planet has a corporately owned NFA weapon EVER been used in a crime? When we find that planet, I'm sure thugs everywhere will be jacking people up with imported M1 Garands. :rolleyes:

Well you know all these criminal types have Harvard degree's and incorporate fictitious companies to by pass taxes.............

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From CCRKBA:
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]
    OBAMA’S BAN ON SURPLUS RELICS REVEALS
    HIS ANTI-GUN EXTREMISM, SAYS CCRKBA[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BELLEVUE, WA – Barack Obama’s new strategy for attacking gun owners specifically targets collectors and competitors by blocking returns of surplus military rifles over six decades old, and reveals his extremist anti-gun attitude, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The president’s new gun control measures, announced today by Vice President Joe Biden, will prevent the recovery of thousands of military-surplus M-1 Garand rifles that are valued by collectors, competitors and historic reenactors. These firearms were loaned or donated to South Korea decades ago.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “This is an outrage,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “and the only people being hurt are law-abiding citizens. If there were any doubt about the level of anti-gun extremism in the Obama administration, this announcement just put those doubts to rest.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] There is pending legislation, H.R. 2247, the “Collectible Firearms Protection Act” sponsored by Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) that would prevent this, he noted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] This new prohibition will have far-reaching effects on all kinds of curio and relic firearms. Such firearms have considerable historic significance and value to American firearms aficionados, and there is no evidence that such firearms have ever been favored by criminals.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “American gun owners can kiss goodbye any notions that they might see some moderate, reasonable movement on gun issues from this administration,” Gottlieb stated. “And Joe Biden is likely to have real trouble pandering himself as a reasonable gun owner when he decides to run for president in 2016, because gun owners will not forget his involvement in this prohibition.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “This ruling also sends a message to the firearms industry, and particularly importers, that this administration cannot be trusted,” he added. “The president is taking out his frustration for being unable to pass his gun control agenda, and the only people who will suffer are citizens who would never break the law with any of these firearms. Punishing innocent people may be the Chicago way, but it’s not the American way, or the way an American president ought to lead.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    <Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>​
    Copyright © 2013 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.​
    [FONT=&quot]Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org[/FONT]​

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Guess I better start the order process with CMP tomorrow...dammit, too many things pushing me to go into debt to get stuff before it is banned. Now, to decide between the Service Grade and the Special Grade...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Guess I better start the order process with CMP tomorrow...dammit, too many things pushing me to go into debt to get stuff before it is banned. Now, to decide between the Service Grade and the Special Grade...

I don't think CMP is affected by this. Their Garands come directly from the Govt. IIRC

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I don't think CMP is affected by this. Their Garands come directly from the Govt. IIRC

Correct, per their facebook page, this doesn't affect them in the least.

Though, it does mean a lot of M1s won't come in and help lower prices and that current M1 prices will probably rise out of panic.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Correct, per their facebook page, this doesn't affect them in the least.

Though, it does mean a lot of M1s won't come in and help lower prices and that current M1 prices will probably rise out of panic.
    This is my concern at the moment. HRA SG is already $625, HRA Special @ $950, and S&A Special @ $995.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    CMP not affected. The EO is aimed at PRIVATE re-importation of us made rifles.

the CMP gets MAP (military assistance program) returns. Guns that we gave our allies to fight the heathen commies. CMP pays postage. The guns are returned to the army, the army gives them to CMP for resale.

There is nothing in this that will raise garand prices. CMP sets the market, all others follow with heavy markups.

CMP is running low although they have a line into Turkey I believe which had a few hundred thousand laying around. Iran has a buttload as well, but I don't think they will be giving them back anytime soon.

The downside is carbines. Most of those we know about were purchased by allies and only make their way back in through importers. Not many MAP carbines left out there.

What we need to watch is EVERY year for the last 30 years the army has been trying to get a budget line item in allowing them to destroy the guns instead of giving them to CMP.

John Murtha used to strip that from appropriations every year. I'm not sure who took over for him but someone is looking out for us.

The other existing bad EO is Bush II's one that made barrels not importable.

If we get a R president who cares we can get both of those reversed pretty easily

The bright side is this is mainly aimed at the south korean garands (rode hard and put away wet). They would make awesome parts kits though giving us supplies for maintenance for years to come. They are in such crappy condition that they would have made lousy rifles anyway. Hopefully those will come in as parts.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    What exactly is the purpose of this action again? A photo op with gabby giffords?

The purpose is to bitch slap firearms owners of all stripes. He didn't get his "assault weapons" ban so he wants to do anything and everything he can to screw us. It honestly scares me to think about what else these POS's in DC are planning.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    The purpose is to bitch slap firearms owners of all stripes. He didn't get his "assault weapons" ban so he wants to do anything and everything he can to screw us. It honestly scares me to think about what else these POS's in DC are planning.

It's pretty sad. I can't wait for his term to be over. From what we've all seen, it seems the most hes done in his term is attack the 2A. Any way he can.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Aren't the majority of these weapons bolt action? Last time I checked, hammers kill more people that bolt action rifles per yer.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    "Sooner or later, we are going to get this right," Obama said.

Never mind what the people want.

Sooner or later, I hope he gets the economy right. It still isn't right. Sooner or later, they will get ACA ("Affordable Care Act") right, but why not postpone it for a year by executive order.

Sooner or later, they will get education right, but not during Obama's Presidency such that he can feel right about sending his girls to DC public schools.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    From the article;

"loophole that lets felons and others circumvent background checks by registering guns to corporations."

Educate me please.I somewhat understand the NFA process with respect to trusts,but aren't the names listed on the trust still subject to background check/approval of some sort?

I was under the same impression. Look, if people can circumvent the background check on a machine gun or SBR by using a trust, I think that is an issue that needs to be addressed. Granted, I have yet to see a machine gun, SBR, etc. used in a mass shooting, but I surely do not want the first one I see to be at my kids' school.

Rusty should know the answer to this one.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Our biggest problem is our own. Each and every gun owner needs to get off their ass and start donating to the cause and voting. If the NRA has 5mil members, yet there are 300mil guns, then there shows you a little idea of whats happening. They do it because they have been allowed to get away with it.. That needs to stop.

Well, if every one of those 5 million members owns 60 guns, that gets you to 300 million guns. Probably not the case, but I can assure you there are lots of Americans that own more than one gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom