Obozo Announcing his New Executives Orders for Gun Control - With Trusts Targetted

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    You missed those that think they can just ride the coattails of everybody already in the fight. They just figure "the other guys will take care of this for me".

Hey, I'm just here keeping it real about our President. I really do believe a lot of what our politicians argue over is complete BS and just a smoke screen to avoid the larger issues that actually take some serious thinking, blood, sweat, and tears to actually fix. How can they ever reduce the national debt? Right now, it is more than a complete year of GDP. If they taxed everybody in the nation at 100% and did not spend anything for that year, then it could be paid down. Oh yeah, if you add in the future liability for medicare/medicaid/social security, you are looking at something between 80 trillion and 100 trillion over the next 30 years. The medicare/medicaid/social security liability is not listed on the federal balance sheet. Looks like the only way to get through that is to cut benefits and raise taxes. Fun times for everybody down the road.

There is almost no possible paletable way to fix what is wrong with our economy and by extention the world economy. The main reason they keep pushing for these restriction is so that when their inevitable SHTF, lead based projectiles don't come flying back.

Flame away...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm in the middle of setting up a trust now since my SBR build is being screwed over by this state. Looks like they are reviewing for 90 days so I'll get it in the system before they implement, but this is just a never ending grab. Im sick of this shit.. Is this assholes term over yet??

To be replace by Ms. HRC *******.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There is almost no possible paletable way to fix what is wrong with our economy and by extention the world economy. The main reason they keep pushing for these restriction is so that when their inevitable SHTF, lead based projectiles don't come flying back.

Flame away...

It can be fixed if EVERYBODY is willing to sacrifice a heck of a lot. Americans do not know that level of discomfort since most that lived through the Great Depression are no longer around. Granted, they had no choice about the Great Depression. Likewise, we will have no choice about the Great Depression 2.

The guns we have right now will most likely be used against fellow Americans to defend from looting/theft when things get pretty bad. The politicians will be in hiding deep underground or on a plane.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am not sure that mine is. What did the people who had theirs kicked back have to do? Did they have to re-write the whole trust, or were they able to do some sort of addendum?

If I recall correctly it had to do with the verbage of a Trustee (They called it somethng else if I recall and the examoiner kicked them back. The other was related to a Schedule A/Assignment Page being blank.

They asked for the Trust to be corrected (Didnt specify how, but just asked it be done). I have not been in the shop to see if they contacted the Attorney and corrected the issues.

NFA isnt bad with things like this. WIth Form 1 or 4 Errors or paperwork errors they often tenatively aprove the NFA item and sit it aside, when they get the corrections or paperwork they desire and are satisfied its usually not more than a week before the Tax Stamps arrive in the mailbox approved.

We did have a Guy with a Trust get DENIED when we did a 4473. It was a mess, there was someone using his identity and it took him a month or so to correct it. The solution was to get a NICS PIN# so he didnt have more issues in the future. He was eventually given a proceed but sometimes strange things happen.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    The solution was to get a NICS PIN# so he didnt have more issues in the future. He was eventually given a proceed but sometimes strange things happen.

Call your field agent and ask about the very recent changes to the VAF/UPIN application approval process. They don't give out UPINs like they used to. If you have a common/duplicate name issue or something else not related to lack of or faulty database (FBI or Local) information that causes delays or denials, they will no lover give you one just to save you three days of waiting every time you purchase.

I am always delayed, so I filed the VAF app for a UPIN. Last week, after two months of waiting, I got my application and fingerprint card back in the mail -- DENIED for a UPIN.

Delays...everything is delayed and just being made to be delayed even longer. Anyone else see a pattern?

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I think the trust order goes under a 90 day review if I read that right. Not sure about the reimportation.

Any more details on this? I go open my trust account tomorrow morning. Sounds like I need to order a few suppressors and do a few Form 1 lowers ASAP.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Dang, I bought my suppressor using a trust. Keeping my fingers crossed that the trust was done properly!!!

It would be a nightmare for me to try to get it straightened out.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I think the trust order goes under a 90 day review if I read that right. Not sure about the reimportation.

The reimportation ban O can do via executive order. the change to the regulations governing trusts has to be done via notice & comment rulemaking. this means a public comment period (varies from 30-90 days with possible extensions leading to much more; they've signalled 90d but members of Congress often ask for extensions, which are pretty routinely granted). after the pc period is closed BATF is required to review and respond to ALL the comments made and then present a justification for doing whatever tf they want to do regardless of the comments. they then must re-publish the entire package in the federal register,. only after all this can it take effect.

in other words, the changes to the trust provisions are unlikely to happen quickly. I would be surprised if it doesn't take a year or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom