Obama releases list of gun control EA's - 41P is on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Gunshow loophole closed. Awesome. Now we can stop talking about something that was not a real problem in the first place.

Now, bring on Hillary and her Australian confiscation and gun ban.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    At first read, it's a whole lotta nuttin, just trying to make it look like they're 'doing something'.

"In the business of selling" can't really be defined beyond maybe reclassifying hobbyists and collectors. Oh, wait. They aren't the problem.

If actual "traffickers" are dumb enough to use the internet, they deserve it... I suspect some redefinition will be applied here, as well.

So would this be another attempt at shell casings?

The whole of #3 shows some promise, but I always wonder what lies below the surface...

Need someone to explain to me how this is anything but sugar-coated bluster.

I also see a big emphasis on increasing 'mental health treatment'... Call me skeptical, but just who will be receiving these 'services'??? The known dysfunctional actors? People already in treatment for minor issues? Gun owners unilaterally declared Enemies of the State???
    We were seeing a lot of the same things.

The 41P moves have been in the works for a long time -- his mentioning it is just presidential masturbation.

However it's still expanding federal powers beyond legislative intent. Add to that the massive waste of taxpayer dollars about to be spent on "smart gun" technologies. Is his presidential detail going to be sporting those things? I think not.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    On the license requirement part: So they're still not going to quantify a number of guns or really give a better definition of what "engaged in the business" and thus needing an FFL means. But they throw in a little tidbit that some people have been convicted for selling as little as two guns oh and by the way you might go to jail for five years if this fuzzy description that even we can't define applies to you.

200 new ATF agents. Could be a good thing if used in the right areas (i.e. investigating gangs). If used to make dealers and the rest of the firearms industry miserable, a bad thing. And somehow I think it's going to be the latter.

Not sure if trusts are going to be gone altogether or if they are inserting a NICS process in there somewhere.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    How will the "dealer" thing jive with Maryland's magazine limit?

Right now, dealers in Maryland can receive standard cap. mag. and even sell them out of state. If someone is forced to become a dealer, will they then be able to receive and "stock" standard cap. mags. and banned rifles for sale outside of Maryland?

Also, isn't getting new machine guns easier as a dealer?

Or will this new "dealer thingy" really be a "dumbed down FFL01"?

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    How will the "dealer" thing jive with Maryland's magazine limit?

Right now, dealers in Maryland can receive standard cap. mag. and even sell them out of state. If someone is forced to become a dealer, will they then be able to receive and "stock" standard cap. mags. and banned rifles for sale outside of Maryland?

Also, isn't getting new machine guns easier as a dealer?

Or will this new "dealer thingy" really be a "dumbed down FFL01"?

None of the above. All they are doing is threatening people who sell occasionally face to face. If you sell "enough" to be a dealer, then you need an FFL with a store front which meets local zoning regulations. They don't define what "enough" is, but they do make the threat that it could be as little as two. They aren't implementing an FFL program for gun show only or kitchen table dealers.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    None of the above. All they are doing is threatening people who sell occasionally face to face. If you sell "enough" to be a dealer, then you need an FFL with a store front which meets local zoning regulations. They don't define what "enough" is, but they do make the threat that it could be as little as two. They aren't implementing an FFL program for gun show only or kitchen table dealers.

HEY! You're raining on my parade... (Yes, I figured as much as to what you wrote, but unintended consequences DO show up occasionally, especially if .gov is involved.)

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    HEY! You're raining on my parade... (Yes, I figured as much as to what you wrote, but unintended consequences DO show up occasionally, especially if .gov is involved.)

I know. I've long advocated for a citizens FFL, even without the ability to make secondary sales. It would be great to obtain an FFL without dealing with zoning requirements or a store front. But they aren't that kind.

If anyone had doubts about 41P here it is. But other than that this is a whole bunch of showmanship. Hopefully, ATF will release an advisory soon providing more detail on their opinion of the qualifying criteria for being deemed a dealer.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    "In connection with these efforts, the departments will consult with other agencies that acquire firearms and take appropriate steps to consider whether including such technology in specifications for acquisition of firearms would be consistent with operational needs."

I wonder if his personal SS detail will be outfitted with "Smart" guns? :lol2:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    "In connection with these efforts, the departments will consult with other agencies that acquire firearms and take appropriate steps to consider whether including such technology in specifications for acquisition of firearms would be consistent with operational needs."

:smoke: nope.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Let's hope so :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I intend to sleep on the Proclamation and approach it with fresher eyes before attempting to separate fly shit from pepper, but some things struck me right away...

On the license requirement part: So they're still not going to quantify a number of guns or really give a better definition of what "engaged in the business" and thus needing an FFL means. But they throw in a little tidbit that some people have been convicted for selling as little as two guns oh and by the way you might go to jail for five years if this fuzzy description that even we can't define applies to you.

That strikes me kinda like the G&S fantasy perpetrated by our overlords at the the MSP LD: "We can't really define it, but we know it when we see it." BS! That just opens the abuse door wider.

200 new ATF agents. Could be a good thing if used in the right areas (i.e. investigating gangs). If used to make dealers and the rest of the firearms industry miserable, a bad thing. And somehow I think it's going to be the latter.

But it does grow jobs in the Government Sector. Shovel-ready, at that.

Not sure if trusts are going to be gone altogether or if they are inserting a NICS process in there somewhere.

My reading: The future does NOT look bright.

Does this mean Attorney Generals need to apply for an FFL before selling guns to Mexican drug cartels?

Probably. But with the budget cutbacks they need to subcontract that out to DoD-affiliated arms dealers and the CIA. ITAR, you know...

YET. :innocent0

Any Federal, State or Local Government use would NOT be consistent with "operational needs." :lol2:

And I saw that Obamacare is providing everyone with mental health treatment, so I guess we don't need to worry about anyone unbalanced doing any mass shooting (only stabbings, bombings, and driving cars down sidewalks). I feel SO MUCH better now.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

The people that wrote this and the POTUS have read enough court opinions to reasonably call this a deliberate attempt at a chilling effect. Chilling effects have been seen as unlawful as outright rights infringement. Action should be taken to make them clearly define when an FFL is needed.

Also, their mental health section sounds like expansion. They are already using the VA and now social security will be involved in identifying people to be prohibited that cannot manage their affairs. It sounds due process of being adjudicated mentally defective might be weakened. Is the level of proof and protections within procedure the same in administrative law with an administrative law judge as it is in big boy court?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    omar-indeed.jpg

That's gay

Gunshow loophole closed. Awesome. Now we can stop talking about something that was not a real problem in the first place.

Now, bring on Hillary and her Australian confiscation and gun ban.

Told you! http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4151053&postcount=213

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom