Obama releases list of gun control EA's - 41P is on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Some real colorful tidbits in there. :sad20:

I had no idea a shorter barrel makes a shotgun more dangerous. :rolleyes:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Seems like mostly feel good stuff.

We'll have to watch how they interpret when you are in the business of. My guess is it won't trickle down to the occasional FTF sale here in MD yet, but some places where most at gun shows selling lots of guns FTF are not FFLs will be affected.

Also this might mess up people doing NFA trusts, but maybe not. I think people do those trusts to ensure the assets remain transferable, not to avoid background checks.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My guess is short makes it more concealable and it's most likely used at "spitting distance".

omar-indeed.jpg

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Feel good BS but the bit about being "in the business" can easily be abused. The ultimate goal is to track every firearms transaction so they know where they all are.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    The business part is interesting. They state in the piece that courts have found that even one transaction makes you "in the business of dealing firearms" yet when you apply for an FFL03 it tells you that a handful of transactions doesn't make you a dealer.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    Feel good BS but the bit about being "in the business" can easily be abused. The ultimate goal is to track every firearms transaction so they know where they all are.

I agree, on the surface it's not that bad but it's a slippery slow. What bothers me the most is the abuse of office from our king, I mean president.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    The business part is interesting. They state in the piece that courts have found that even one transaction makes you "in the business of dealing firearms" yet when you apply for an FFL03 it tells you that a handful of transactions doesn't make you a dealer.

They just make this shit up as they go along.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Well looks like the trust decision coming this month from the ATF has already been decided, by the president. Then he is pushing smart gun technology. And pushing hiring several hundred more government employees. The last 2 require money, which was probably already in the funding bill that the R's rolled over on and didnt even notice them. effing stupid politicians. He has played everyone like a fiddle and they all look stupid now.

lg87

Dec 11, 2015
    24/7 background check people....this mean we can buy guns at 1am on easter sunday?? haha

Mr H

Banana'd
    At first read, it's a whole lotta nuttin, just trying to make it look like they're 'doing something'.

"In the business of selling" can't really be defined beyond maybe reclassifying hobbyists and collectors. Oh, wait. They aren't the problem.

ATF has established an Internet Investigation Center to track illegal online firearms trafficking

If actual "traffickers" are dumb enough to use the internet, they deserve it... I suspect some redefinition will be applied here, as well.

and is dedicating $4 million and additional personnel to enhance the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network.

So would this be another attempt at shell casings?

The whole of #3 shows some promise, but I always wonder what lies below the surface...

Because we all must do our part to keep our communities safe, the Administration is also calling on States and local governments to do all they can to keep guns out of the wrong hands and reduce gun violence.

Need someone to explain to me how this is anything but sugar-coated bluster.

I also see a big emphasis on increasing 'mental health treatment'... Call me skeptical, but just who will be receiving these 'services'??? The known dysfunctional actors? People already in treatment for minor issues? Gun owners unilaterally declared Enemies of the State???

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    We know that researchers and engineers are already exploring ideas for improving gun safety and the tracing of lost or stolen guns. Millions of dollars have already been invested to support research into concepts that range from fingerprint scanners to radio-frequency identification to microstamping technology.

Just strap one of these to every gun

bracelet.jpg

Can you imagine what could happen if the enemy was able to hack into the RFID tags on the guns our troops carried? Need proof it will happen, just look at the OPM data breach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom