• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I saw the 500 rd. boxes of wolf stacked as far as the eye could see at the last show. They were selling for around 170 as stated above.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm working on a list. I want to try and find a V-RS T forend but I have yet to see one at a show. I'd also like an Ishapore Enfield. Wish my C&R would come already...

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Wow it's not far from where I grew up. It also looks like it's near the Audubon sanctuary and the Valley Forge Historical Park. One could make a nice weekend of it.

Is it super-crowded like the Harrisburg Outdoor Show ?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Last one was and it was the "normal" 1000 table one

I didn't buy any guns at the last one so I can't speak about the dealers selling to Maryland residents. I'd predict that it will be a mixed bag, though

I would agree. I've been fortunate in that I bought a Ruger 10/22 at the last Lebanon, PA gun show easily. That dealer didn't bat an eye over the fact that I was a Md resident. However, most of my purchases are C & R. Just bought a C & R handgun last week at the Harrisburg show without probs.

--I don't wear a hat or clothes that announces I'm a Md resident
    --I generally just state, 'I have a C & R license, are you willing to accept it for that C & R gun?"

If they don't want to sell to Md residents, I just move on. I've always managed to find someone who does. With 2000 tables, Oaks should have everything and people willing to sell to Md residents.

It will also be a good place to gather names for that list that someone wanted to compile of dealers who refuse to sell to Md residents to post on the forum.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I took the wife up to the 1000 table show today. I had a very nice time walking around with her. I bought some reloading supplies, and some other stuff. I have to say that it was the biggest show that I have attended to date. There was a nice mix of vintage and modern firearms, and a lot of tables with some serious TactiCOOL gear; none of which did I purchase (I don't find myself in need of a Fluorescent Green Zombie killing machete). There is one thing that I want to bring up that I thought was kind of strange. As my wife and I were standing in line to enter the show, a local police officer was standing at a table off to the side. I heard him say that if you had a firearm with you, to come see him. At first I thought he meant that if you had one you were selling you had to have it peace-tied. Then I heard him say ANY firearm. So I walked over and asked him if it was all firearms or just people selling at the show. He stated all firearms were to be unloaded and zip tied while at the show. So I downloaded my XDS, put the magazine in my holder, and re-holstered the gun. I asked the cop why I had to download my CCW. He said something about being private property and that's how they wanted it. Guess it's their house, their rules.
    Any show I have ever been to does not allow any loaded /CC firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom