• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maybe I'll get started and get a head of the curve as well. I didn't think you could appeal anymore, I thought that board got disbanded.
    The board got disbanded. If you are denied, there is no need to appeal. File suit. They cannot deny your permit unless you are a felon or mentally defective.

The playing field is fundamentally changed going forward.

BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    Following this... Coming from Oregon and being a previous CCW holder there, and a current Utah CCW holder, I do miss being able to here in MD. I will say I am surprised of the ruling.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    How can Maryland continue to require a HQL to purchase an item, which the SCOTUS has ruled is a COTUS right to carry?

Bye bye 3013 and the HQL.
    They stated in the case it does not apply to existing regulations for purchase requirements. But it does open the door to go after them.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Perhaps this isnt the correct thread, but I have a few questions:
    1. I assume I should do the 16 hours of training BEFORE I submit the application and BEFORE I do the finger printing?
    2. Does any of the training locations do the finger printing on site to streamline the process?
    3. I know I need the passport photos before the app.
    4. Does HQL alleviate any of the requirement for Wear and Carry? Meaning, do I need new prints, etc.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I think we are going to need an updated process on what is needed to apply. MSI's website is obviously out of date, and our sticky thread is even worse since some of the links in it are dead.

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    Perhaps I should wait for some of these to be answered before I jump right in
    1. I assume I should do the 16 hours of training BEFORE I submit the application and BEFORE I do the finger printing?
    2. Does any of the training locations do the finger printing on site to streamline the process?
    4. Does HQL alleviate any of the requirement for Wear and Carry? Meaning, do I need new prints, etc.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    They stated in the case it does not apply to existing regulations for purchase requirements. But it does open the door to go after them.
    Accepted and established procedure in Maryland…
    Anyone who was granted a CCW permit, was also given the HQL upon request. No further requirements.

“Shall Issue” will now be the required practice. Therefore, there is no need for the HQL. And continuing to require it, will be easily challenged as an infringement which is contrary to the SCOTUS ruling on the matter today.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The board got disbanded. If you are denied, there is no need to appeal. File suit. They cannot deny your permit unless you are a felon or mentally defective.

The playing field is fundamentally changed going forward.

If you are so paranoid you feel the need to carry a firearm with you, you must be mentally defective, therefore you will be denied a permit. You may only obtain a permit if you do not want one and refuse to carry a firearm, which indicates that you are of sound mind.

Joseph Heller smiles knowingly.

Dick Heller frowns in disapproval.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    4. Does HQL alleviate any of the requirement for Wear and Carry? Meaning, do I nee
    Perhaps I should wait for some of these to be answered before I jump right in
    You are going to apply exactly as before, if you are applying now. No difference.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Im wondering if it would be worth requesting an "Informal Review" on my pending W&C permit to see if I can get my restriction lifted, after hearing about this...

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    yes you do the training before you apply, yes there are some trainings that do the prints, no the hql does nothing in this case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom