• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    It's very little if any about teaching skills , it's about creating obstacles to discourage people .

Taking up lots of hours is a Feature . not a fault .
    I wonder how they think similar standards applied to voting (C or better on SAT type of test covering US Gov) or publishing, internet or paper (C or better on SAT test covering proper english and punctuation)??

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Classes, training doesn’t discourage me personal. Just another hassle and hoop to jump through.

What irks me is references, in person interviews, submitting apps in person, and fingerprints that can’t be done out of state.

Maryland requires fingerprints be done in Maryland, but can be done online.

NJ I can take my prints out of state but had to submit app in person.

Texas (if your a non resident) class has to be done in Texas, but fingerprints can Be done out of state, and application done online.

It would be awesome IF…

1. Applications can be submitted online. Pictures and documents uploaded.

2. Fingerprint cards can be mailed in, &/Or if livescan electronic, be done out of state.

3. Training if needed be done out of state, by anyone authorized, or certified. currently Texas does not allow the Texas instructors to teach the class out of state. I CAN teach Utah, Illinois and Maryland out of state.

4. Permit mailed to you in the mail.

5. Any fees neededing to be paid can be paid with CC or DC.

It is interesting that of the 15 permits I have applied for. 11 currently received, 4 pending.

No state has yet implemented ALL of the above. Some have implemented various portions of the above though.

Of all the items above though, getting number 1 &/or 2 is the most important IMHO

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I hope they use T,H,T.
    Even putting that aside, their own previous law sinks them. You go from 2 hours training up to 18 (so 9 fold) with absolutely no explanation or studies other than "blood in the streets" and you should lose outright.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Even putting that aside, their own previous law sinks them. You go from 2 hours training up to 18 (so 9 fold) with absolutely no explanation or studies other than "blood in the streets" and you should lose outright.
    Yep. Should be interesting.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    You know, after watching John Stossel's video where he tried to get a permit, and Crazy Hocul on TV talking about the situation, the requirements from New York are far less than I anticipated. Being New York, I expected a 8 page, written essay detailing the dangers of gun ownership, why citizens don't really need guns, the environmental impact of gasses from guns on climate change, the inequity gun ownership causes, and the fear gun ownership imposes on trans people, and disadvantaged people. Not to mention a full social media investigation, and certain higher fees (bribery) to be paid out for gun control studies, and to help pay for services to violent areas affected by gun violence, caused by the manufacturers who market them to white supremacist/nationalists.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    You know, after watching John Stossel's video where he tried to get a permit, and Crazy Hocul on TV talking about the situation, the requirements from New York are far less than I anticipated. Being New York, I expected a 8 page, written essay detailing the dangers of gun ownership, why citizens don't really need guns, the environmental impact of gasses from guns on climate change, the inequity gun ownership causes, and the fear gun ownership imposes on trans people, and disadvantaged people. Not to mention a full social media investigation, and certain higher fees (bribery) to be paid out for gun control studies, and to help pay for services to violent areas affected by gun violence, caused by the manufacturers who market them to white supremacist/nationalists.
    Don't encourage them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The biggest issue for me is the number of places you can't carry, which means that crime will continue in places like NYC, and the politicians will be able to say "Oh see CCW isn't a solution."

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NY will get slapped down like the petulant children they are.

They only have to comply with laws they like

It doesn’t work that way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    NY will get slapped down like the petulant children they are.

They only have to comply with laws they like

It doesn’t work that way
    A majority of NYers, reflected in their city and state governments, believe Copernicus was wrong, and the Universe actually orbits around Manhattan. They have no ability to accept that 6 robed yokels in flyover country between LaGuardia and Miami have any authority to tell NY what to do. Their reaction to Bruen so far is about the bruise to their collective ego as much or more than about gunz.

Written smackdowns will have no effect on Hochul or the rest of her party. It will probably take direct threat of contempt of court charges against NY officials individually to get them to relent, and even then they will keep resisting passive-aggressively purely out of spite for authority. This is going to drag on for years in the court system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom