• Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You anti Semitic sunsabitches, with your Nazi WASPs

:D

SleRvY.gif
    I once dated a girl from Pikesville. Attended my first ever Seder. Her mom asked me how I liked the brisket. I had just spent four weeks running lights for a production of Fiddler and thought I was a master of the idioms. So I said, "I have to say, yubby dibby dibby dum." She gave me seconds!

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The alternative could be that the Chief is not in the majority and Thomas assigns it to himself. That would be wild.

I am not feeling that lucky.
    To reiterate why I think Barrett is writing it, it sounded to me at oral, Roberts and Barrett were on the same page with sensitive places. Roberts sounded firmly in the majority, and would assign it to her to "keep control" of the opinion by staying in the majority.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    To reiterate why I think Barrett is writing it, it sounded to me at oral, Roberts and Barrett were on the same page with sensitive places. Roberts sounded firmly in the majority, and would assign it to her to "keep control" of the opinion by staying in the majority.

I think you’re dead on.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    FYI….

Today I contacted an officer in the licensing division of Maryland in regards to the application process, this case, and the MSI case.

He is fully aware of those pending cases and what the results of those cases could be. Interestingly enough, he is a conservative and is hoping that we win these cases.

However… I asked him what would happen to applications once this ruling. Is handed down by SCOTUS and In the MSI case.

This is what he said unofficially, why I am withholding names.

They will NOT be making any changes until a judgement is handed down in the MSI case which is directly against Maryland.

He said applications will be Processed and approved or denied as usual. He recommends though that anyone who has been denied, and is in the window to appeal should immediately appeal and cite the NYSPRA case, as well as the MSI case.

For anyone who was previously denied on G&S grounds should reapply.

However, no changes In the application or the application process will be changed until the court rules in the MSI vs Maryland case.

So he recommends holding off on applying until after the MSI case has been finalized.

He went onto say, that all other requirements will remain unless the court says otherwise in the MSI case, or the Maryland Legislature changes the law.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    That's a reasonable answer from someone who's job it is to enforce the law

What does Maryland law actually require? Just training? Surely not their BS interviews and random paperwork demands?

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I really don’t think Barrett will write the opinion in this case. She is way to new to write such an Important case as this one. She hasn’t fully learned and written enough Supreme Court opinions to handle such a big case as this.

Do the issues tthat arose from the Heller Opinion, I think it will be written by one of the more Senior Justices on the court. Ones with way more experience in writing Opinions as big as this one.

I just don’t see Barrett doing this one.

She might write the Per curiam opinion that they issue for Young v Hawaii case which is obvious that it is waiting on the NYSPRA opinion to be issued. That I believe though.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas

What does Maryland law actually require? Just training? Surely not their BS interviews and random paperwork demands?

I just don’t see Maryland giving up on and changing anything with the application process unless they are directly required to by the court, or by the Maryland State Legislature.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I really don’t think Barrett will write the opinion in this case. She is way to new to write such an Important case as this one. She hasn’t fully learned and written enough Supreme Court opinions to handle such a big case as this.

Do the issues tthat arose from the Heller Opinion, I think it will be written by one of the more Senior Justices on the court. Ones with way more experience in writing Opinions as big as this one.

She might write the Per curiam opinion that they issue for Young v Hawaii case which is obvious that it is waiting on the NYSPRA opinion to be issued. That I believe though.
    Still praying for Thomas. I would imagine he’ll write a concurring opinion as he did in McDonald.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

The actual statute 5-306 only says "an investigation." COMAR and MDSP procedures define the scope of the investigation. "An investigation" could merely mean to verify no prior disqualifying convictions.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    FYI….

Today I contacted an officer in the licensing division of Maryland in regards to the application process, this case, and the MSI case.

He is fully aware of those pending cases and what the results of those cases could be. Interestingly enough, he is a conservative and is hoping that we win these cases.

However… I asked him what would happen to applications once this ruling. Is handed down by SCOTUS and In the MSI case.

This is what he said unofficially, why I am withholding names.

They will NOT be making any changes until a judgement is handed down in the MSI case which is directly against Maryland.

He said applications will be Processed and approved or denied as usual. He recommends though that anyone who has been denied, and is in the window to appeal should immediately appeal and cite the NYSPRA case, as well as the MSI case.

For anyone who was previously denied on G&S grounds should reapply.

However, no changes In the application or the application process will be changed until the court rules in the MSI vs Maryland case.

So he recommends holding off on applying until after the MSI case has been finalized.

He went onto say, that all other requirements will remain unless the court says otherwise in the MSI case, or the Maryland Legislature changes the law.
    Tell me he wants constitutional carry without telling me he wants constitutional carry.

People are just going to carry, like what happened in DC, and it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to prosecute these cases. Assuming they even try. They nolle prosse a lot of this now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Tell me he wants constitutional carry without telling me he wants constitutional carry.

People are just going to carry, like what happened in DC, and it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to prosecute these cases. Assuming they even try. They nolle prosse a lot of this now.
    They won’t nolle prosse any of us, of that you can be sure.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    (someone claiming to be) Charles Nichols posted on scotusblog this morning, predicting Kavanaugh writing NY Rifle.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/03/announcement-of-opinions-for-thursday-march-31/
    My crystal ball predicts the following assignments for the remaining six opinions from November and October.

Justice Kavanaugh - NYSRPA v. Bruen
    Justice Kagan - Badgerow v. Walters
    Justice Barrett - US v. Vaello-Madero
    Justice Thomas - Austin v. Reagan National Advertising...
    Justice Gorsuch - Thompson v. Clark
    Justice Kavanaugh - Brown v. Davenport

Charles Nichols

NYSRPA v. Bruen - Likely Thomas or Barrett
    Badgerow v. Walters - Kagan
    US v. Vaello-Madero - Kavanaugh
    Justice Thomas - Austin v. Reagan National Advertising... - Sotomayor
    Justice Gorsuch - Thompson v. Clark - Kavanaugh
    Justice Kavanaugh - Brown v. Davenport - Gorsuch

Looks like he is on track to get only one correct.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

If you are a Supreme Court Justice, every opinion is a Big Opinion, because they take 75 out of 10000 cases. There are millions of people that think US v Vaello Madero was a Big Opinion, because it affects everyone in the territories. Every person that pays taxes should think today's opinion in Boechler v IRS was a Big Opinion.

Its easy to get caught up in the My Case is the most important, but in their mind they took 75 important cases.

She will do fine. In reality no single justice writes an opinion. It's a group effort by the clerks and joiners. If five people want something written in the opinion, she will include it. Heller had a lot of shit in it that Scalia and Thomas would not have put there except for Roberts and Kennedy.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    They won’t nolle prosse any of us, of that you can be sure.

If I paid attention to half the advice on this forum I would never leave my house with my guns. I'd lock em up and cower in my basement waiting for the pre-dawn raid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom