• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ro-gun-sign-what-he-discovered-blew-him-away/

And Jones for the win.......he was in violation of code so the cop removed the sign. He was instructed by the building inspector to remove it.

And here's your sign........

I would put out another sign. "Dear Officer, I have your photo and tag number. Start looking for a new job, Asswipe!".

See my quoted text above your quote

Removal of private property from private property without warrent is not legal, last time I checked...DC dosen't count...:D

Wrong there are plenty of exceptions to this.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I guess in some areas the police are tasked with menial jobs of sign removal. I would imagine a citation was sent to the owner.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Ha, I keep our Township cops busy with lawn enforcement. Nuttin to see here, move along.

Sent from the best phone ever made

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I guess in some areas the police are tasked with menial jobs of sign removal. I would imagine a citation was sent to the owner.

Not according to the blaze article. The town told him initially that the sign was not allowed but later told him the sign was OK.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Not according to the blaze article. The town told him initially that the sign was not allowed but later told him the sign was OK.

That makes more sense. Why would he be concerned about his sign being stolen/trashed if he knew the city/town was telling him to remove it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That makes more sense. Why would he be concerned about his sign being stolen/trashed if he knew the city/town was telling him to remove it.

The real question that determines legality of the police actions is was it taken again after approval? All other questions /comments are moot until thats answered.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Wrong there are plenty of exceptions to this.

Right or wrong, regardless of exceptions, the LEO is a ***** for not informing the home owner. Don't come on my property and remove my property, LEO or not, unless you have a warrant or court order---in the case of removal without; "just on principle alone, we are headed to court".

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    BTW, unless there is some sort of exception or law prohibiting the posting of signs or ornaments on easements(take exist on private property), the easements are there for utility companies and roadwork. That is still the home owners' property and he can choose to decorate it, mow it, plant on it or do whatever he wants. The caveat is that if the town needs to dig up utilities, extend the road or do any other type of work and needs access, the the home owner must allow it, with appropriate notice.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    BTW, unless there is some sort of exception or law prohibiting the posting of signs or ornaments on easements(take exist on private property), the easements are there for utility companies and roadwork. That is still the home owners' property and he can choose to decorate it, mow it, plant on it or do whatever he wants. The caveat is that if the town needs to dig up utilities, extend the road or do any other type of work and needs access, the the home owner must allow it, with appropriate notice.

BINGO, what he said....

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Right or wrong, regardless of exceptions, the LEO is a ***** for not informing the home owner. Don't come on my property and remove my property, LEO or not, unless you have a warrant or court order---in the case of removal without; "just on principle alone, we are headed to court".

Here we go with the feelings again...........thread doomed.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Can't argue with/against you on this one as I don't know their laws boss. I think you got a pretty fair assessment of the easements and I actually would agree but see my previous statement.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    He should put the sign back up with a picture of the cop attached to it and then he would get a picture of the cop looking at a picture of the cop tearing up his sign.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can't argue with/against you on this one as I don't know their laws boss. I think you got a pretty fair assessment of the easements and I actually would agree but see my previous statement.

I hear you and I by no mean that every LEO acts inappropriately, but when you ask someone who is tasked with serving and protecting to now remove lawn signs, I can see how frustration could influence their actions. To destroy the sign and confiscate it was a bit much. Removing it and tossing it onto the lawn would have been better IMO.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I hear you and I by no mean that every LEO acts inappropriately, but when you ask someone who is tasked with serving and protecting to now remove lawn signs, I can see how frustration could influence their actions. To destroy the sign and confiscate it was a bit much. Removing it and tossing it onto the lawn would have been better IMO.

Ill fully agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom