• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    That's got some interesting info in it. It seems that the license information is given for anyone with an FFL - except Class 3.

For example:
    Lic Regn Lic Dist Lic Cnty Lic Type Lic Xprdte Lic Seqn License Name Business Name Premise Street Premise City Premise State Premise Zip Code Mail Street Mail City Mail State Mail Zip Code Voice Phone
    8 52 021 01 RE DACTED "NICHOLS, LOUIS BYRD JR" SHOOTERS DISCOUNT 401CENTER ST STE 101 MOUNT AIRY MD 217710000 401CENTER ST STE 101 MOUNT AIRY MD 217710000 4107953720

Sorry to call you out Lou - but it's available to everyone!

I suppose that's the Freedom of Information Act at work...

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Wow, I would have guessed 2-3 times that for C&R FFL.

I have always assumed that most firearm owners know about and, if not own, then are at least familiar with many military surplus rifles. Do you guys find that to be true? When you take one to the range are people curious about them?

I have never been interested in modern rifles and pistols, so I have always gravitated to the historical firearms.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    rankings per capita

I was curious about the per-capita numbers and added the 2010 census data from Wikipedia.

My hypothesis going in: the states with the most restrictive firearms laws might be the ones with the lowest number of 01FFL's and highest number of 03FFL's; and the inverse would be true...less restrictive laws = more 01's and fewer 03's.

Makes sense that the less-populated, gun-friendly Western and Great Plains states have the highest 01FFL per capita. Also makes sense that the states with some of the worst gun laws have the fewest 01FFL's per capita, including us and DC. Crazy that there are more 01FFL's in GUAM and the Virgin Islands than in DC!

ATF-FFLs_percapita.jpg

Mass., Rhode Island, and MD rebound in the number of 03FFLs per capita, though. I personally credit the folks and resources in this forum and Coinboys FAQ for getting me into it!

Seeing Utah and Texas at the bottom helps my hypothesis...but all of the other 01 FFL gun-restrictive states are still at the bottom of the 03 FFL list, going against my hypothesis. Maybe their gun laws are too overpowering, or they've broken the will/interest of the people to enjoy their 2A rights. Or, the 2A folks from those places have moved out West already.

WY looks like a promising place to retire! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom