• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I have that feature enabled and have been receiving them in the past. I posted a couple of ads in the classified today and got several PMs but there were no e-mail notifications. Any ideas?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have that feature enabled and have been receiving them in the past. I posted a couple of ads in the classified today and got several PMs but there were no e-mail notifications. Any ideas?

I'm also not getting these, nor am I getting email notification of threads I'm subscribed to.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Can someone respond to this thread? I think I have a fix, but not sure.

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I didn't find a fix. However if you're not able to see embedded video on the forum, I did find a fix for that. As long as you're using IE9 or 10.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think it's probably my computer, because I'm not getting any notification from AR15.com either.

Anyone have an answer? Could it be Comcast?

Jim Smith

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It could be your ISP filtering as spam.. log onto your comcast mail from their website and check the filtered/junk folders there. If you see any, mark the sender as trusted and then it should come through.. This can often happen on other forums that I mod or administrate. Some ISP's are worse than others.. lol

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It could be your ISP filtering as spam.. log onto your comcast mail from their website and check the filtered/junk folders there. If you see any, mark the sender as trusted and then it should come through.. This can often happen on other forums that I mod or administrate. Some ISP's are worse than others.. lol

I already have mdshooters.com as a trusted site. But it is a good idea to log onto my email through the Comcast.net web page.

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well, I have checked my Comcast.net web page emails and I have no spam from anyone, much less AR15.com or MDshooters.

I did find my last notification and it as September 26. After that MDshooters, goes quiet. I wish I could figure this out, it's driving me crazy. BTW, I just realized I'm not getting any notifications on my iPhone either, but both are a function of Comcast.net

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've changed my email to a Hotmail account and I got a re-verification notice. I'll see how this works and then change it back to my Comcast account and see what happens.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My Hotmail account gets email notifications, so I changed it back to Comcast and got nothing. Where should I go from here?

Thanks,
    Jim smith

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm having the same issue with not getting my email notifications at my comcast account any longer. They have ALWAYS come through just fine, then a week or two back they just stopped even thought the pms kept coming. Let me know if anyone figures this out as my computer knowledge begins and ends with the power button :o

:thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've sent a complaint to Comcast. They said they would get back to me within 24-72 hours. They also said they should be calling me tomorrow between 1 and 5 pm to get more information. Crossing my fingers. I will pass on any solutions if they are found.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was told by Comcast that the owner of the web page has to send them a letter. This letter has to say that the address is a real address and is not a bot or spammer.

Funny how all of my other wb pages weren't affected other than firearm related web pages.

I guess we will have to get DD214 to send some type of letter to the, I hope he can do this. It sucks not being able to see the notifications.

This is affecting ALL Comcast users from what I was told.

Jim Smith

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I was told by Comcast that the owner of the web page has to send them a letter. This letter has to say that the address is a real address and is not a bot or spammer.

Funny how all of my other wb pages weren't affected other than firearm related web pages.

I guess we will have to get DD214 to send some type of letter to the, I hope he can do this. It sucks not being able to see the notifications.

This is affecting ALL Comcast users from what I was told.

Jim Smith

Thanks for the update and taking the lead on this Jim. :thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That's what it sounded like when you described your issue.. the ISP filtering those sites out... it isn't all that unusual for a forum to generate that action on the part of some ISP's, due to all the mail that some of us get from various forums.. FWIW I have Verizon, no issues with them... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom