• ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    i put N/A on mine.

had my permit in 29 days

they did not change the pdf.

Gotcha thanks for the info, I got my Utah when PA still accepted it. I think I am going to go ahead and get the NH as well. I really only travel to VA and PA so it would be worth it.

The big thing about the NH license that hasn't been mentioned is PA and NH have reciprocity via legislation, not formal agreements. Kane could rescind agreements, but she didn't have the authority to change a law passed by state legislature.
    THIS is why NH non-resident laws are still valid in PA, and likely always will be.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not arguing, but can you provide a cite to the legislation? All I can find on the PA AG page is a written reciprocity agreement under Category 1 which references the reciprocity statute but nothing more specific.

Attachments

• category1.JPG
      category1.JPG
      9.6 KB · Views: 120
    • pa reciprocity.JPG
      pa reciprocity.JPG
      71.4 KB · Views: 124
    Last edited:

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    Well, I'll re-read the thread, but I didn't see clarity on the non-resident NH permit accepted by PA.
    I could be confused, but isn't your post #44 questioning the same?
    IANAL, and don't want to try to be one. :)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    no idea. the language in the respective agreements is sufficient for most of us. it plainly states they honor a NH permit with no regards to residency. If it's not prohibited, it's allowed. that's how laws are written.

but if you don't think it's legal, don't carry there.

I agree. If lawyers/politicians were English majors there wouldn't be technicalities, 'loopholes' and other issues. Laws are enforced as written. The cops and judges at the level we'd be dealing with don't analyze grammar.

NH adds PA. I've got UT, FL and just sent off for NH.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No, it says the PA AG is responsible for reciprocity agreements. Read the agreement I posted. PA clearly accepts ALL permits from NH. This was signed by the AG of PA.

IMO people are reading way too much into this. Read the agreement. I don't know how it could be any more plain. What part of valid permits and valid permit holders are people not understanding? But as I stated, if you don't think it's legal, don't carry there. I intend to without any issues.

Attachments

• nh.JPG
      nh.JPG
      18.1 KB · Views: 94

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    ^ Thanks!
    Do you have a link to the original AG letter? I wouldn't mind printing that and throwing in the glove box for travel in PA...just in case.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why both? I have a Utah and don't see what VA adds.

If you travel in VA and don't just pass through, having a VA permit allows you to be in full compliance with the GFSZA.

Perhaps a technicality, but worth noting a permit from the state the school is in makes you 100% legal with the GFSZA.

Attachments

• GFSZA.pdf
      933.2 KB · Views: 84

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    Wow...NH requires no class OR fingerprints. (Hopefully I've got that right) GTG!
    They do have that odd question about what you'll use it for, then on the back tell you exactly what to write there. Gotta love lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom